Sure Fire Hedging Strategy

freakgib

Hi there people

as u maybe know i like to do a lot of hedgin

so i did get some nice systems who give good results

one of the best systems i have is the S.T.A.R. system i use it for almost 3 years and it gives good results.

only problem i have is my own bads risk managment and mindset but that is getting better and better .

oke what i would like to get a bit automated is the following

when the STAR system tells us there wil be a reversal

we place an order at the trigger price and an stop at the Trend extreme ( trend Extreme is the highest or the lowest point of the market at that moment)

after that the market sould reverse and give u some realy nice pips

but what somethimes happens it wil go past the trend extreme only for a small bit and then come back to reverse

so i did do the following

using the Sure Fire hedging strategy

it works like this

when u place for example a short with a limit at 30 pips and a stop at 60 pips

u also place a hedgin pending order at 30 pips above the running short order the hedgin order is 3 times the size of the running order also the limit is at the stop of the running order and the stop of the pending order is at the limit of the running order

so the range at where the market can move is 90 pips in this example

every time the market comes back and hit the pending order it wil be activated and u have to place a new pending order in the opposite direction 30 pips away from the at that moment running order.

looks like this

TP --------------- SL----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ ---------------------------------------------- Break even TP----------------

30 pips

Buy 1 lot--------- -------------------------------------------- Not yet placed Pending order long 6 lots

^ ------------------------------------------------------- ^

30 pips ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Range 90 pips

---Sell Stop 3 lots ---------------------------------- SL 30 pips----------------------

^--

60 pips ^

30 pips

SL--------------- TP---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as u can see above the orders are always placed at the same place 30 poips away from each other

the first order is 1 lot or 0.1 or 0.01

the next pending order is 3 times

but after that it is 2 times the size

what i would like to have is an EA

who place the first order and with TP and SL of 30 60 or 15 30

or combinations of that

and after that placing an Pending order in the opposite direction

as soon as that one is triggerd

placing again a pending order at the opposite direction but that one has a Limit at break even

at that point i just want to stop and get out

the market is moving to much sideways

would something like this be possible to make

i did make a calculation in Excell it also include the Spread

but i have to stay behind the computer and every time place a new pending order

of the market swings within that range i did make

so again hoping for some good programmers who can make this

Edited by freakgib

wel i think for now it is impossible to create a EA for the STAR system but if u guys own the system and have problems understanding it u can PM me

i am not allouwd and i dont want to talk puplicly here about how that systems works

because i am a member of there site

Wow!! Im so happy to read this! I will go over the system again and then PM you some questions! Thanks in advance!

here a picture about what i ment about the Hedging Strategy

http://www.xs4all.nl/~freakgib/Trading/chfjpy.gif

the second pending order wil be placed on the same place as the first order and has the same stop and limit as the first order.

and my idee was if after the second order the market is stil in the channel of the stop and the limit

i would like a final pending order with a stop at break even.

Edited by freakgib

I'm doing forex for quite a while but I still haven't got what that hedge thingy is all about

If a trade is going against me I will close it at a certain point. I can always get back in or trade the "new" direction

How do you decide when to hedge a trade?....and if the hedge is going against you, also...do you hedge the hedge?

If you're long 0.1 and it's going against you...why open a 0.3 short and not close the long and go short 0.2?

So what is the hedge good for?

Is it a mental thingy?...as long as I haven't closed the position it's not a loss for me?

u are right afcource

but i use this system together with S.T.A.R.

that system tells us when a trend is going to end and gives us a Trigger after u get a pullback just after the last Low or high of the market at a certain timeframe.

so as a example the market is in a downtrend and if all the creteria are there for a compleet STAR setup we get the last part and that is the trigger.

the trigger has always the same pattern u have the last low (trend extreme) then a pullback and a retrace back close to the trendextreme

somewhere there we wil get the trigger to go long

so if we have our trigger and lets say that trigger is 15 pips away from the trend extreme

i normaly go long and place a stop just below the trend extreme

but sometimes ( no system is 100%) the market is making a new low but not so much

and them going reverse to make a Good long

so after some time and beeing able to hedge i was thinking i want to stay in the trade but not sitting all the time behind the computer

why not try hedging and if it really goes down a lot i stil got a profit

but if it goes up again before hitting the stop i need to place again a hedging order so still need to stay behind the computer

thats why i did ask for if it would be possible to make it half automatic

i kind of a bot where i can say here we go long then place a pending(virtual) order short

and if that one gets triggerd place a pending (virtual) order long again

and after that try to go out at break even cos the market is moving to long sideways

something like that

Thx going to test it as soon as the market is active again

i did test it but it is not doing what i like this version just place a order and then if it goes wrong place a opposite order and somehow closes the other one wel all trades where a loss

but stil thx for the charing

i am looking for a half automated bot one where u can say place at this price a long order or short

and a opposite order at XXX distance and then following the Sure Fire hedging strategy rules

do like 2 times a opposite order after that, then the last opposite order and all the stop sould be placed at break even

i know it works i did do it manualy a few times

but it did also fail a few times because i was at sleep and not able to place a opposite order again or go out at break even

Edited by freakgib

The same method has been used in the 4x cash compounder robot however that ea uses the fibonacci sequence for the lot increasement.

You can check the performance of that ea on the FPA website here:

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/metatrader_expert_advisor/4x_cash_compounder/demo

thx interesting Bot