Tell us your "The Best Profitable EA"

mrhell

Dan,

On most pairs except eurusd and gbp usd its extremely unprofitable, so reversed it will be awesome.

Don't kid yourself lol. If it was this easy to make a highly profitable EA, it would have been done years ago ;)

Reversing bad trades doesn't necessarily mean that they automatically become good trades and this same topic has been raised several times before and I've yet to see a ****py EA with trades reversed that was anything better than mediocre, in fact a lot end up being perversely even worse than the original !

However, as a trader I retain an open mind and anything is possible, though as a trader I also work in probabilities and based on what I've seen, the probability of this reversal idea working is close to 0.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can I try to explain with my poor english....

to may reverse and win one needs:

1. Total of pips (negative, right) divided by total number of trades to be 2xSpread *at least*! need to stress *at least*, so let we say 3xSpread

example: -400 pips, 50 trades it is equal to 8 pips/trade, if the spread in our example is 2 pips, reversing it will win (at least for the same period)

2. No TS in the original (cant get trailing limit, right...)

and ofcourse, good reverse - exact exchange of SL<->TP

Hi musketeer,

I know you're a fan of reversing trades ;)

However, when EA's are developed they're not developed to lose consistently.

Which means that if we reverse trades based on a losing backtested period, that in the future the market conditions may well prove to be perfect for the un-reversed code and with the reversed code we end up with losers again. There must be some market conditions which are perfect for the original code, if not then what was the purpose in creating a perpetually losing EA in the first place?

To me, reversing trades without any rationale and understanding of why the trades were originally wrong is asking for trouble. Even when we do understand exactly why we're reversing trades we can still be caught out with changing market conditions.

Hi Soundfx,

I do not argue with :)

I just want to point in which circumstances/results one may think about reversing. Have been seen (may be thousands) of traders that when saw a loosing curve just want to reverse, and then wonder why it loose again.

So, nothing more... :) And yes, for sure I always look at reversed side - at least because of curiosity :)

Small example if you allow me: A system designed for trending will fail in ranging, so, let me see what it will does reversed in that time....

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
OK, here ya go....

http://www.multiupload.com/JICBN9FT90 

I changed two fixed variables to be externals. They are TPfactor and SLfactor. Currently, they're set to 0.5 and 0.2 as in the original code. So to reverse them, set TPfactor to 0.2 and SLfactor to 0.5. Of course, you can also set them to whatever you want.

I did it this way to retain the original intent of the code. The TP and SL are computed based on a High/Low range and not a fixed value.

Link dead. Please upload new link.

• 3 weeks later...