Indo Run discussion

Hey boys and girls,

since the original Indo Run thread got closed I decided to open a new thread which is open for discussion.

First off I want to start with my settings that I experienced to be the safest with still good gains in forward testing.

Indo Run 1.5 with modified conservative settings

- TradeNFP false

- TradeMondayAfterNFP false

- TradeADP false

- Trading24h true

- SessionFilter 1 and 2 true

- AvoidNews true

- ATRProfitMode true

- ATRStepOn true

- ATRPips to Step true

- ATROn false

- MAFilterOn true (changed MAMethod to 5)

- Envelopes FilterOn true

With those settings the bot trades mainly at night and avoids the high volatility day sessions. For me in 4 weeks live testing this gave me the best results with low drawdown.

Indo Run Limited to 4 open orders:

http://www.multiupload.com/67NE36OQ9U

My set file:

http://www.multiupload.com/OR3UB3H9EV

Edited by fabfive

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my doubt....if there were already a bundle of open orders floated what the above setting can help.:P

Yes, that is my major concern about this EA. Everything rides smoothly until some non-listed-news spike happens and when your account gets into vulnerable position with open floating positions. IR is great EA, but it needs good exit strategy for cases like these.

Hmm ... the 1st opening is on 12 Jan which at that time have news on MoM.

I think his setting is without news filter if not it suppose won't open trade in the first place.

what is your source? i can't find this news. only one medium news: trade balance for gbp at 10:30am (gmt-1) that was bader as forecast (gbp has to fall, what not happenend). trade was placed at 14.37 (gmt-1), that means news filter was enabled (4 hours before and after news).

Edited by derox

Hi Derox,

I'm refer to fxstreet economic calendar.

on 12 Jan 13:30 there are 2 medium news on USD,

one is Import Price Index (MoM) another one is Import Price Index (YoY).

If the news filter is on then why the trade can place on 14:37?

Maybe only haynese know what is actually happen on that time.

~Money often costs too much~

You can only refer to TSD (in v1.5) or FF (in v1.4) news calendar. Everything else it doesn't matter, because IR use these calendars.

Import Price Index on TSD calendar have low impact, and low impact is probably disabled in settings.

@fabfive, you will do nothing by limiting number of open orders. That won't solve the problem.

Is there anyway to modify the EA such that my trade log doesnt get full of "canceled" trades.

Looks like a very powerful EA once all the settings are tuned.

Is everyone tuning the ATR setting or the MA settings?

I've had limited success tuning the MA settings with ATR off.

However, I think I can better tune the setting if I understood the concept behind of the EA.

For example, is this "grid" system best to use during a trend, or spikes during stability.

Also what time frames is everyone using? I am using USD 5M

Hi to all, I use two indorun 1.4o on the same pair GBPUSD, the first one at 1% risk conservative set with momentum filter on,

the second one 2% risk with conservative set and ema on, both configures with news filter on high impact news 180/180,

I don't know if it's better to also switch on medium impact news 60/60. maybe too much filtered.

I modify 1.4o to call ffcal with allowwebupdates parameter, the first one call ffcal with allowwebupdates on while the second call it with allowwebupdates off so xml file it's only written from the first istance of 1.4o while the second istance read only the xml file, so there is no conflicts.

in this way I have more trades at 1% risk, while less trades but at 2% risk with ema ( it could be even at 3% risk but to stay safe I prefer 2% risk )

based on my backtest 1.4o has better performance then 1.5 at 99% modelling quality.

Edited by acosma

I disagree. For IR that is as bad as it gets. With conservative settings this thing will last.

For myself I don't think filtering an EA to death is a substitute for good entries. At some point the filters you painstakingly adjusted to make the backtest look beautiful stop working and your account is gone.

If an EA survives with 70-80% drawdown that means things only have to get a little bit worse and you lose everything.