Trading Without Charts

Hello conglo,

please more explain, until we clear understand,

i have question, how about floating loss, if price moving to positive direction and a floating loss position become positive, did you using profit lock also, or not ?

because if remain order you place profit lock also, then execute profit, there is will many remain order floating loss

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

OMG, i can not believe this.

Lets do some math.

Buy sell @ 1.3000

goes to 1.3040

retraces to 1.3020

close buy @ 1.3020

profit 18 pips ( 2 pips for spread )

buy @ 1.3020

goes to 1.3080

retraces to 1.3050

close buy @ 1.3050

profit 28 pips ( 2 pips for spread )

close hedge @ 1.3050

loss 52 pips ( 2 pips for spread )

18+28-52= sounds like a 6 pips loss to me>:D<

Yeah its possible to trade without any charts, but one needs to remember in the mind the important support and resistance levels, and even without hedging its possible, have seen few ticker readers do it everyday and make more money than those with all the advanced gizmos.An yeah as conglo says , it takes a lot of time and lot of screen time to be proficient in this.But its worth the effort, price action once mastered, then there is no looking back.And its a skill which develops over a period of time, as in any other profession, its not an overnight bingo thing.

OMG, i can not believe this.

Lets do some math.

Buy sell @ 1.3000

goes to 1.3040

retraces to 1.3020

close buy @ 1.3020

profit 18 pips ( 2 pips for spread )

buy @ 1.3020

goes to 1.3080

retraces to 1.3050

close buy @ 1.3050

profit 28 pips ( 2 pips for spread )

close hedge @ 1.3050

loss 52 pips ( 2 pips for spread )

18+28-52= sounds like a 6 pips loss to me>:D<

Of course , u made 3 trades with 2 pips spread each, and without getting anything by your hedge, so, sure, 3*2 = 6 :))

• 1 month later...

conglo, your trading strategy was on time in 1990 when no charts and computers but not today. Hedging is anyway for losers because you share for security which doesn't exist. Those who are afraid of risk hedge. Who has guts to risk has it all.

Hedging is compromise - not white, not black, but gray! For sure not my style.

Indicators are here to use them wisely! Confluence of a few good one makes the decision.

Like Renko, Heiken Ashi, RSI, ADX, ATR, Stochastic and so on...

Is your trading system Stone Age system?

Cheers Hermes

Edited by hermes

conglo, your trading strategy was on time in 1990 when no charts and computers but not today. Hedging is anyway for losers because you share for security which doesn't exist. Those who are afraid of risk hedge. Who has guts to risk has it all.

Hedging is compromise - not white, not black, but gray! For sure not my style.

Indicators are here to use them wisely! Confluence of a few good one makes the decision.

Like Renko, Heiken Ashi, RSI, ADX, ATR, Stochastic and so on...

Is your trading system Stone Age system?

Cheers Hermes

Hermes,

The systems presented by conglo i am trading myself.

Even you said it's a "stone age system' it seems that is better than a lot out on the market in our actual times ;)

Check its results here :

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/sebytim/pure-math/535108

Edited by sebastiantm

Great woek Seb, can you describe your methodology? Is it exactly the same as the one Conglo presented or have you refined it?

Hermes,

The systems presented by conglo i am trading myself.

Even you said it's a "stone age system' it seems that is better than a lot out on the market in our actual times ;)

Check its results here :

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/sebytim/pure-math/535108

... i am trading myself...

That looks good Sebastian, good luck with it.

I have looked at the £$ pair for last Monday on an hourly chart.

Taking the London open as a start the price goes up to plus 16 pips then dips down to minus 45 pips.

After that it ranges between 45 and 20.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/freddieforII/Mon29Apr_zps977765ba.png

Edited by Freddie
pair

Because we are looking at a Sell I am using 'minus' for the pips being generated.

If we take Congolo's post "When there's a profit of somewhere between 20-30 pips I put a 50% trailing stop in." So we would put in a Trailing Stop -10 at bar 13 where -20 is hit.

I will add these comments to the above chart so we can see it clearly.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/freddieforII/Mon29AprSL_zps34fd3723.png

If we move the SL according to the next bar we get stopped out for around 20 but the buy is losing a lot more.

Edited by Freddie
Pic

Today has been good for a sell. The SL was triggered by the 20 pips made by the sell and is marked at 10 pips.

Ignore the red lines they are for another day.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/freddieforII/6May1H_zpsc8cf4c6d.png

I am still at a loss to know how we deal with the 'buy' which is quite a loss.

This has been up for 24 hours and no comments. No help. No suggestions.

Are we going to have a dead thread?

Edited by Freddie

Great woek Seb, can you describe your methodology? Is it exactly the same as the one Conglo presented or have you refined it?

Conglo's pure strategy on EURUSD...

SELL&BUY same time...adding TS after 30 pips in profit.....when TS hit...adding another set of SELL&BUY...same TS style..and so on.. ;)

Is working guys...

Conglo's pure strategy on EURUSD...

SELL&BUY same time...adding TS after 30 pips in profit.....when TS hit...adding another set of SELL&BUY...same TS style..and so on.. ;)

Is working guys...

Hi

What is ur ts? when do you trade this method? London, NY only or can it be traded during Asian session too? I noticed on the 11th of April you had 64% drawdown, it doesnt look so good tbh, the strong trend will kill your account sooner or later.

Thx

Edited by hankt80

Looks like hes account is close to explode, it will go boom so if you a little bit smart close those losers and stop trying to hedge cos it wont work, 1:1000 leverage is what make u think you can make it but you cant, pro tip for ya if you wanna hedge you need minimum of $50k deposit and very good position sizing you just must know how to hedge, what that guy said is BS dont fall for it or you will pay for it with ur trading account. Even with large account the strong trend will put you in some dd and than not the losers will kill you but the swap will cut ur profits and tbh noone knows where the EU will go it can drop to 1.15 and stay there for 3 months cos why not?

WE may see 1.0 cos why not or we may see 1.6 who knows? thats why hedging the same pair is always bad idea.

looks like that hedging acc is gone (private) basically it went boom. If hedging was so easy and profitable everyone would be doing it and making milions. Aparently the brokers data shows that ppl who make money trading forex are the trend followers and very little group of scalpers.

• 3 weeks later...

Why not, I think its possible.

trading without charts - its signs of professionals.

trader can trade without chart according to DOM or tape.

"Trading Without Charts" that's for blind.

"Trading Without Money" that's for beggars.

I need both charts and money (and indicators) that's for steady income.

Hermes

• 2 months later...
looks like that hedging acc is gone (private) basically it went boom. If hedging was so easy and profitable everyone would be doing it and making milions. Aparently the brokers data shows that ppl who make money trading forex are the trend followers and very little group of scalpers.

Totally agree with you.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...