This is all you need to become a trader

egaalh

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi egaalh

I am interested in taking part in your explanation of the system.

I have tried it with Metatrader 4 but I lack an exit strategy so far. I hope to get some further insights.

On Sunday I will most probably not be here but if you can make it on any other day I|ll be happy to join.

There have been many changes from NT6.5 to NT7. Many third party add-ons that worked in NT6.5 will not work in NT7. NT is continually changing and updating their platform- one of the most recent updates was to comply with CME requirements. NT6.5 is now dead and is not going to be updated by NT and cannot be used to trade CME instruments.

Can 6.5 still use real time data feed from broker? All I need is to chart and forward test, no need to trade from NT, I can trade from brokers DOM

Can 6.5 still use real time data feed from broker? All I need is to chart and forward test, no need to trade from NT, I can trade from brokers DOM

Hi all,

I use ninja 6.5 with Dtn Iqfeed and it works like a charm , with quality historical data and fantastic real time.

It costs me 83$ for the 4 main US futures markets.

Take care all

There have been many changes from NT6.5 to NT7. Many third party add-ons that worked in NT6.5 will not work in NT7. NT is continually changing and updating their platform- one of the most recent updates was to comply with CME requirements. NT6.5 is now dead and is not going to be updated by NT and cannot be used to trade CME instruments.

Don't believe everything Ninjatrader says. They want you to think NT 6.5 is dead and upgrade to 7, for obvious reasons. 6.5 will be a useful tool for a long time yet. I'm trading CME contracts with 6.5 though Interactive Brokers, the only difference is I don't pay those ****** licensing fees on every trade as you do with NT7. As for the many changes from 6.5 to 7, I don't see a big difference. Most of the effort seems to have gone into making it crack proof. The two most signifigant changes are NT7 handles continuous contract data automatically (not entirely successfully) and the DOM has a depth of 10 not 5. With I.B., I can get a 10 DOM on their BookTrader, but that's not a huge issue in my trading. I use NT7 for historical data collection and long term charts but trade with 6.5, which is slightly faster and I can keep all my old indicators. If you want, you can run both on the same computer (at the same time with some fancy tech work) or on different computers.

Don't believe everything Ninjatrader says. They want you to think NT 6.5 is dead and upgrade to 7, for obvious reasons. 6.5 will be a useful tool for a long time yet. I'm trading CME contracts with 6.5 though Interactive Brokers, the only difference is I don't pay those ****** licensing fees on every trade as you do with NT7. As for the many changes from 6.5 to 7, I don't see a big difference. Most of the effort seems to have gone into making it crack proof. The two most signifigant changes are NT7 handles continuous contract data automatically (not entirely successfully) and the DOM has a depth of 10 not 5. With I.B., I can get a 10 DOM on their BookTrader, but that's not a huge issue in my trading. I use NT7 for historical data collection and long term charts but trade with 6.5, which is slightly faster and I can keep all my old indicators. If you want, you can run both on the same computer (at the same time with some fancy tech work) or on different computers.

Thank you. I was looking for this type of information before spending time I don't have learning the new trading platform. They made a very smart move to use C# as opposed to other platforms that require to learn their own language.

Do you have access to any of the following NT6.5 indicators

Fin-Alg's Market Balance

emini-watch's Better Pro-Am & Better Momentum

The ewef site has these but I don't have download access.

Thank you. I was looking for this type of information before spending time I don't have learning the new trading platform. They made a very smart move to use C# as opposed to other platforms that require to learn their own language.

Do you have access to any of the following NT6.5 indicators

Fin-Alg's Market Balance

emini-watch's Better Pro-Am & Better Momentum

The ewef site has these but I don't have download access.

Alas, no. I hunted high and low for Market Balance a while back. I've got MarketDelta but don't use it. Like you, I don't want to invest days learning new software unless I'm convinced it's going to work for me.

Hi Egaalh, thanks for sharing, your system looks interesting. I've played with Don channel but never traded with it and the BWT indicator is an interesting new weapon in the armoury. I've been thinking of programming a strategy in Ninjatrader to backtest it, but I have to say the information supplied so far is kind of vague. Not sure it's a programmable system, and it looks rather discretionary.

While it's nice that you post trading results from your winning days, they don't help that much, and charts of your trades would be much better. Shame you don't trade with NT6.5, which places trades on the charts automatically. Anyway, I looked at your last results posted 1 & 8 July and plotted them on 1, 5 & 15 min charts to get a better idea of what you are doing. I adjusted them for my time frame (I presume you are in Kuwait, or somewhere on that timeline):

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/gbpjpy01july.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339/gbpjpy08july.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/155/eurusd08july.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/eurusd01july.jpg

I can kind of see what you are doing, but I can't see a system with defined rules here. It appears you are mostly entering on retracement from the channel or the ema34, sometimes on the 1m chart, other times 5m or 15m, and exit might be with the BWTpercentRStoch or BollingerPercent or hitting the channel/ema. Some trades I see no correlation with the indicators. Perhaps you just had to go out and closed the trade? Also most of your trades are against the 1,5 and 15 minute trends. Is this usual? Do you mostly trade countertrend?

It might also help if you posted some losing results here, with their charts, so we can see what can go wrong. From the results posted on 8 June, I see that you aren't averse to chasing a losing trade in the belief/hope it will turn around, so I presume some of your losses are significant. How do you set your stops exactly? What part does order management play?

Overall I get the feeling you know your instruments well and use these indicators to back up your trading instincts, rather than relying on them to trigger entries and exits. Is that correct?

Edited by sepa

Sepa good morning.

First. The only thing I'm doing here is trying to help people,nothing else.Don't try to sell anything.

Second you should be positive and not negative.if you don't see the way I trade ,than maybe you need to learn it.

More than sorry and I will say it again .My winners are close to 100%.If you want to belive it do it .If you think I'm not saying the truth it is ok with me 2.Again I'm very sorry that I can't put any losing trade here ,but the truth is I didn't have any losing trade lately.And I will say it again I have close to 100% ,belive it or not.Promise to put my losing trades here ,the moment I will have 1.I have nothing to hide.All I can say is ,try to learn this simple system.I think that I gave enough charts in the past to help trading this system.

I'm in the middle east time zone.Hope this help you ,or EST time +7 hours.

I'm willing to help you and answer every q that you have.but promise to be positive and open your ears.

I trade this system for a long time.If I really want than I don't need to put this system here and also if I really wanted than, I don't need to help any person.

Again if you need some help I'm willing to help.I was in the dark for 2-3 years before I started to make money.I do understand your situation.

Hope this help.

P.S If I didn't write this in the past than I will say it again.My stop loss is 2% from the money in my account.

I think that you can see my trades and my results live.If I don't put all my trades and results,it is only because I'm lazy to do so.Will try and add more charts and results to this forum.

Will add more . I close a trade if... price hit donchain channel or balls change color or bollinger percent is green or red or bwt is moving away from 15/85 line and the 34 ema.Gave you enough weapon now.

Don't forget I spent countless hours with all those indicators ,to get a feeling to the situation.

Something very important is ...I don't trade all day .only few hours during the day .and I never change the hours.I don't want to trade during hours ,when the market going side way.

And last words for now...I don't use the arrows that you pointed on the chart.Never trade according to the arrows,just ignore them.

Edited by egaalh

Thanks Egaalh. Your system interests me. I wouldn't bother if it didn't. I'm not impugning your motives, but your system throws up a number of trades and has many variables. Which ones do you filter out? Looking at your own trades, they don't always seem to follow the rules, but I am all ears. I much prefer rules to faith.

I drew the arrows on the charts. They mark the bars where you entered and exited your trades, as per your posted results.

Your hit rate is now clost to 100%? Sure, I'd love to see your live trading sessions. Hey, Ninjatrader has also a easy-to-use record function. Maybe you could simultaneously trade an NT sim account and post the videos. We'd all benefit from more examples of your trades.

You are confused. NT6.5 is not going to be upgraded. What part of that do you not understand? The CME requires that trades be identified as either automated or not. Probably as a result of high frequency trading and particularly spurred by the flash crash of 2010. IB has many fees, rules and regulations. Far more than my Zen-Fire. Do you pay for data? I don't. Is there a $10,000 minimum for your account? $2,500 for Mirus. Do you have to have $2,000 in commissions per month? No monthly minimums for Mirus Is there an order cancellation fee? None for Mirus. All of these came from IB's site and there are probably 25 more. Are they user friendly? Just read their site. Unless you have an overt inclination for technical jargon stay away from reading IB's web-site. And you think you don't pay ****** licensing fees? Does IB offer Range charts? Tick charts? or Volume charts? To believe that the biggest difference between NT6.5 and NT7 are the puny items you mention is unfathomably ignorant. You claim, "They want you to think NT 6.5 is dead and upgrade to 7, for obvious reasons." First of all, NT6.5 is still available for download from their web-site. Did you get that? NT6.5 is still available for download from their web-site. How does that harmonize with their wanting you to think it's dead? It is dead for upgrades. They even state on their site that NT6.5 is available for non-CME exchanges. What are the obvious reasons? They aren't so obvious. I bought the Life-Time license key. They cater to those who play by the rules not to those who try to circumvent their product. Sorry if you find that unpalettable and that crimps your style. Clearly you lack integrity. How well do your indicators for NT6.5 work on NT7? "Not so well," you say? Perhaps there may be a reason they want you to upgrade to NT7. Too difficult of a concept to understand. They made it more universal across a much wider spectrum than your vision. Who cares, other than you, if you don't see the difference? I see a major addition. It's a cleaner application. The ability to add multiple time frames and indicators on a single chart is monumental. Don't suppose that what you see is the standard of usability and usefullness for everyone else. They have added many upgrades that people from around the world have needed and wanted. Even if it doesn't impact you or I makes the upgrades for others no less valid. You're not the standard to follow to determine what is important and what is not. If NinjaTrader says they have to upgrade to meet CME requirements then I believe them- not you. They run a business. You are a thief trying to rob them. Your integrity is in question- not theirs.

Wow! Talk about a dummy spit. NT6.5 works fine for me, but I don't use Zenfire. However, I'm not pushing IB or any trading platform. What can I say? NT7 doesn't really impress me as a huge step forward over NT6.5 and is still a bit buggy. I'd use the free version for charting and something else for trading, but if you think it's a good investment, good on you. However, your original assertion that NT 6.5 is dead is just plain wrong, and there's no need for sanctimonious abuse.

Thanks elgaah. I can see what you do, but I'm still trying to sort out the false entry signals. More on that later, but I don't get what you're saying with the $5 round trip deal. IB charges .2 of a pip commission, with a minimum of $2.50 per trade. So that's fine for 1 lot (we're talking 100K, right?) or less, but once you go over $10/pip on the euro, commission goes up and 2 lots costs $10 round trip, 3 lots $15, right?

Sepa good morning.

I will say it again .I pay I.B only $5 for round trip.

As you can imagine I trade more than 1 lot ,but I will pay I.B always the same amount of money.It is not important if I trade 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 lots etc. I will pay them the same all the time. so if I trade 6 mini than 1 pip= $6 minus $5 what I pay I.B and I have $1 in my pocket. Hope this is clear now.

another good trade.

http://screencast.com/t/hyXNLcH9NT

The 2 green lines bollinger on the 15 min chart and not on the 5 min.As I wrote on the chart.(sorry).

forgot to say but I closed the trade because 1 min chart is over sold.

http://screencast.com/t/bdV59QnBm

would like to add ..always becarful around 00 any price with 00 in the end.

the same results from my Dom.

http://screencast.com/t/cHA3VLjEE

Edited by egaalh

Hey egaalh.

Thanks for posting so many trades! I've downloaded your system for MT4 and tried it but I feel I need a lot more practise until I get the feel for it.

Also the timezone difference still confuses me. Do you know which zone your in in GMT format?

Thanks and have a profitable week.

Hey egaalh.

Thanks for posting so many trades! I've downloaded your system for MT4 and tried it but I feel I need a lot more practise until I get the feel for it.

Also the timezone difference still confuses me. Do you know which zone your in in GMT format?

Thanks and have a profitable week.

Hi,

can you tell me how you did it for MT4?

thanks in advance