This is all you need to become a trader

egaalh

I have downloaded all the indicators from page 17 of this thread but I got few questions which are as under. I would like to request to help us on the following.

109.xml - what is the use of 109.xml, where should I store it?

BollingerPercentB2.zip (imported Successfully in NinjaTrader)

SMI4.zip (imported Successfully in NinjaTrader)

BWT - I found separately from other thread.(imported Successfully in NinjaTrader)

After few posts, I have once again downloaded the folloing files as parts of a bigger zip file (Indicators and Template.zip)

_BollingerPercentB.zip - I think this is the old file as the above one is B2, so I used the above.

112.xml - Now in this case, this file seems to be new one, from 109 to 112. Still don't know how / where to use this.

ECO2New2.zip - This was not included in the above, I think not needed for this strategy

HMAColour.zip - Please let us know if this file is required and if yes, how

June2009SC.zip - This was not included in the above, I think not needed for this strategy

Scalper.zip - This was not included in the above, I think not needed for this strategy

SMI4.zip - This one is included in above and I used it

SMI4andSMI5.zip - Please let us know if this file is needed and if yes, how

SMI5.zip - Please let us know if this file is needed and if yes, how

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sepa, I would like to request you to share Marketdelta to the forum members. There are quite a few requests for good working version of Marketdelta, probably 10.3.14.

The version I have is 10.1 beta 5. Download is posted elsewhere in indo-investasi. I haven't used it in a year but fired it up again the last couple of days to test it. Still works fine. Unlike some later versions, it doesn't expire.

Hello guys

long time ,but I trade today for about 5 hours ,not the best time to trade ,but manage to trade 3 times and all winners.

total 33 pips .and it wasn't a good time.

I do it you can do it.

Bye for now

Egaal

Sorry forgot to add results. here we go.

http://screencast.com/t/RsTUubAd4

Hi Egaalh,

Any new trades after the attached trades? I am trying to match my charts with your trades.

Thanks and regards.

Make long story to short...since I have read from the begin of the thread.

Due to this simple system at LOOK but unclear and varies entries and exits,

Sorry to ask, does anyone succeed with this egaalh method beside egaalh ?

I have doubts on this system based on my limited backtest. That is why I have requested Egaalh to post more pictures of screen with trade result so that I can compare my charts with his trades / result.

Been trading this small time on currencies on and off for a month now. Overall, I'm down, but not much. I don't think egaalh realises how discretionary his trading is, but for every cherry picked chart showing how his system works, trade it live for a while, and you'll be taking plenty of ideal entry setups that turn straight around and go the other way. If you stick with them on a trending day, you'll get hammered. I've had some good results in ranging markets, but avoid this system at all costs when markets are strongly trending, for it won't give you any good entries, only bad ones.

But I wouldn't really call it a system, more a bunch of indicators egaalh trades with. They're not bad indicators though, and good for keeping you in a trade. If only they were better for entries. I've written a rough strategy in ninja and backtested it, and it suggests a win:loss ratio of about 60:40 for some of the major currency pairs, which is OK if you can maximise wins and minimise losses. It works best on 1m rather than 5m and 15m charts. On a bunch of commodities and the stock indexes I normally trade, it ranges from marginal to a real doggy.

But, hey, give it a go, it might work for you, especially if you are an experienced forex trader. I think that's what's happening here, and egaalh needs to explain his entries more thoroughly, but I suspect he relies mostly on instinct and can't really explain them. Certainly, I've asked a bunch of questions and got no replies. Overall, I'd say it won't make you rich but you shouldn't lose too much, and you might find something to help improve your trading.

Edited by sepa

Hello guys

Willing to answer to any q.But as I said before the first and the most important things is to wait to the best entry.

Let's start

you can use any time frame 1,5,15 min not higher time frame.

let's start from top to bottom.

Rules before you enter any trades.

Wait until price hit don chain channel

2.make sure bwt is over bought

3.make sure smi4 change colors and balls are not con't at the same direction (the best when balls are going side way at the same height.

4.bollingerpercent is green/

5.Look at 34 ema.

this rules are good for buy or sell.

now if bwt is going down below 85 and price say good bye to don chain channel and smi change color or bollinger is not green anymore than say hello to short,the same apply for buy.

Always will be a good advice to look at higher time frame and also look at price above/below 34 EMA.

3 indicators together are good to enter a trade .4 indicators are better.

If any q than I will be happy to answer .

Will try and add more trades.

Don't know if everything is really clear.

your aim is 10-20 pips each time about 5 times a day = enough pips every day.but if you are greedy con't to be greedy.as I said before the target is only 10-20 pips.

Again I said this in the past.you can't trade all day .I gave the exact time to trade (don't remember the post).

Egaal

Edited by egaalh

Hello egaalh,

Thanks for the update.

Could you do us a favor ?

Due to time interval trading different, please show the chart which consists of 4 trades for Friday above with the live time mark on the chart and please note the entries and exits with reasons if there are any.

(Since I had hard time to compare your live tradings to match the time and price on my chart.)

Thanks again

Edited by tradershare

trade #1 http://screencast.com/t/7hOEUq8nHg0m

trade #2 http://screencast.com/t/xjga5IkKZ2

trade 3 http://screencast.com/t/TPQ4354k2N

Here above my first 3 trades out of 4 today (must go to bed now ,here it is after midnight.hope it is clear what i'm doing will add more next week.

Have a great weekend

Egaal

P.S Again I'm using only EST time.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi egaalh,

I busy, but still have an eye on your thread.

first thanks again for your work.

I have a q, can you please let us see at your trade history the entry and exit time, that will let us easy compare and learn from your entry's.

from the history yesterday I try to see your entry's , but one the eurusd short at 1.3458 exit at 1.3445, that must around your time at 12:47 = GMT 17:47. there I miss the stoch signal at M1, because it is there from you last trade before 1.3491-1.3479 never over the 60, will be nice to give me your entry Idea by this Trade.

thanks and always good trading

Wasn't here for some time and my results for the day.over trading but it was ok too.

http://screencast.com/t/EJqSlxHe6g

not sure but about 100 pips