This is all you need to become a trader

egaalh

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing

Thank you for sharing.

Please answer these noob questions about this thread.

Ninja Trader is still used today? I never tested that tool, are there any costs associated to that software to receive feeds or something? And another noob question, does NinjaTrader place trades directly on the brokers without using MT4?

Thank you for sharing.

Please answer these noob questions about this thread.

Ninja Trader is still used today? I never tested that tool, are there any costs associated to that software to receive feeds or something? And another noob question, does NinjaTrader place trades directly on the brokers without using MT4?

I started to follow this fabulous thread.. about 2 -3 months ..

I started by READING from post n#1 .. then I studied Ninja Trader and their daily seminars .. now I am maybe at 50% proficient .. as this homework I only do very part time..

Thus, you can see I have not asked questions without informing myself fully on subject .. costs/feeds/ etc .. etc ,,

All you ask can NOT be answered in a simplistic form as you want .

To learn it properly YOU need to put in the effort .. until, well, you start seeing the AHAAAAAAAAA moment ..:)

* these notes are only MHO

Good trading wishes

Thank you for your reply.

I installed a few weeks ago Ninja Trader 6.5 to give it a try, but then I was testing some feeds, found one that was suposed to be free and could not receive any feed at all, and then I was with a lot on my mind at that time and quit ninja trader.

That's why I asked in the first place if Ninja Trader is still being used.

I guess i will spend a little time at the end of the week to learn a bit more about it.

Thank you.

btw if the links or software is not updated on post #1 please update it.

Alas, no. I hunted high and low for Market Balance a while back. I've got MarketDelta but don't use it. Like you, I don't want to invest days learning new software unless I'm convinced it's going to work for me.

Hi Sepa,

I would like to request you to share Marketdelta to the forum members. There are quite a few requests for good working version of Marketdelta, probably 10.3.14

Thanks and regards.

Thank you for your reply.

I installed a few weeks ago Ninja Trader 6.5 to give it a try, but then I was testing some feeds, found one that was suposed to be free and could not receive any feed at all, and then I was with a lot on my mind at that time and quit ninja trader. That's why I asked in the first place if Ninja Trader is still being used.

I guess i will spend a little time at the end of the week to learn a bit more about it. Thank you.

btw if the links or software is not updated on post #1 please update it.

Superb .. you are in the proper direction for success .. MHO

I started with testing NT7 , thus watched many seminars on usage and got tremendous support.

Thus am familiar now with it and comfortable. In a short while will download NT6.5 .. etc .. etc .. and play with it accordingly until it will WORK..

Only then I will then test the system/mentor ship/coaching and philosophy that " egaalh " so kindly provides .. and I feel personally I ill be successful.

To me, that is the only way to start OWNING such a methodology/system

Again .. my warmest handshake of THANKS to "egaalh " and his TREMENDOUS support .. / system share ..and the great II members that support properly this thread !

Best trading wishes

Edited by Marchello

I installed a few weeks ago Ninja Trader 6.5 to give it a try, but then I was testing some feeds, found one that was suposed to be free and could not receive any feed at all, and then I was with a lot on my mind at that time and quit ninja trader.

That's why I asked in the first place if Ninja Trader is still being used..

Rather than clog egaah's excellent forum with NT6.5 talk, maybe we should discuss it here:

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/2106-NinjaTrader-6.5-and-Indicators/

All I'll say now is that NT6.5 works fine with IB and I'd be surprised if you can't get it working with most brokers on NT's list (except perhaps Zenfire) but you may have to use older versions of the broker’s interface.

I would like to request you to share Marketdelta to the forum members. There are quite a few requests for good working version of Marketdelta, probably 10.3.14.

The version I have is much earlier and for IB only. I’ll dig it out and post it if it still works. I’ve also been playing with Market Balance for NT6.5 and amazingly have got it working. Will write some instructions and post that on the forum mentioned above.

Many thanks egaalh for posting your trades, they are very helpful. I've been trading your system for over a week now with mixed results. I'm getting nowhere near your success rate, but there's certainly enough promise to persevere and learn more.

My problem has been when the market is in a long trend and your system often throws up plenty of entries against the trend, none with the trend. This is what I mean:

http://www.screencast.com/users/sepa/folders/Default/media/b38561a0-f002-4053-a0f2-dfbb2a263990

Some of these trades you might be able to grab a pip or two profit after commission, but mostly they are losers. The real problem is the last trade on the chart where the trend is particularly strong and no exits are thrown up. It doesn’t even hit the ema and you are going to take a hammering without a tight stop. My questions are:

1. Do you have any rules that stop you from entering trades like these?

2. Does trend play a significant role in your trading? Do you trade mostly with (or against) the trend, if so how do you determine the strength of the trend, for example via the ema, the channel, on the 1, 5 or 15 minutes charts, etc?

Rather than clog egaah's excellent forum with NT6.5 talk, maybe we should discuss it here:

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/2106-NinjaTrader-6.5-and-Indicators/

All I'll say now is that NT6.5 works fine with IB and I'd be surprised if you can't get it working with most brokers on NT's list (except perhaps Zenfire) but you may have to use older versions of the broker’s interface.

The version I have is much earlier and for IB only. I’ll dig it out and post it if it still works. I’ve also been playing with Market Balance for NT6.5 and amazingly have got it working. Will write some instructions and post that on the forum mentioned above.

Hi Sepa,

Thanks for the post. I will watch out for Marketdelta. I would also like to explore Market Balance on NT6.5, if it is good then I have to learn only one software and that is Ninjatrader.

Regards.

Hi All,

Please let me know about the forex data quality of MB Trading as I am planning to go open an account with MB Trading with an initial deposit of $400, much less than $10K for IB.

But I would like to have opinion from the members if MB Trading's data quality is good and their rates are good as well compared to IB as Egaalh's broker is IB for his successful strategy. I am in the process of setting up the infrastructure so that I can learn and test Egaalh's strategy.

Thank you very much.

With best regards.

Hello Sepa

Here is your chart ,and I will try to point few things...

http://www.screencast.com/users/sepa/folders/Default/media/b38561a0-f002-4053-a0f2-dfbb2a263990

Never trade Asian time....atleast not now. from the chart I can see that you traded in the evening ???if this is correct than few things ...trade only between 20:00-21:00 no more than the only time you should trade is 02:00-03:00 03:25-05:00 05:00-06:00 07:00-08:00 08:00-10:00 10:00-12:00 all EST time this is more than enough to make your daily pips.

I think that something wrong (maybe I'm wrong) with your chart ...your bollinger percen without the color for over bought/sold and your BWT is different a bit from my BWT,as I said maybe I.m wrong.again I think your chart is 1 min and hard for me to compare and see also the 5 min,so I don't really have all the information to give you my real opinion.

good luck and don't give up. egaal

Hi Egaalh, I'm in the Asian time zone but I trade currencies after the Europe open. The chart I posted is the EURUSD 1m from 21 July. Times shown are my time zone, GMT +9, which is around 07:00-09:00 EST, i.e. within your specified trading times. The BWT and bollinger percen are the ones you posted. As you can see from the chart, the settings are exactly the same as those you use.

So this has nothing to do with trading times or the wrong indicators, but problems with your strategy in a strongly trending market. Here is that chart again, and the 5m chart of the same period:

http://www.screencast.com/users/sepa/folders/Default/media/372a2e09-6e2c-4035-be3e-8add439b65e7

As you can see, both are throwing up losing trades. So I'll ask again:

1. Do you have any rules that stop you from entering trades like these?

2. Does trend play a significant role in your trading? Do you trade mostly with (or against) the trend, if so how do you determine the strength of the trend, for example via the ema, the channel, on the 1, 5 or 15 minutes charts, etc?

Sepa give me your time and date and I will compare your charts to my charts.I need it in EST time.

Thanks for your time Egaalh, it's a hassle trying to match up differing time zones, I know. Info is in my last post: EURUSD, 21 July, 07:00-09:00 EST, but really I'm just trying to get your ideas on trend. In the interim can I ask: you don't trade 3:00-3:25 and and 6:00-7:00 EST, is that because of potential news? In general, do you avoid news times or big news days?

Please let me know about the forex data quality of MB Trading as I am planning to go open an account with MB Trading with an initial deposit of $400, much less than $10K for IB.

I don't know about MB Trading but, in general, bucket shops don't provide direct market access and tweak their data a little, in their favour. However, they are the way to go for new traders and you are wise to start small. I wouldn't recommend anyone invest $10K first up. Chances are you'll lose money trading any system if you haven't first learned money and risk management and all the pitfalls of trading.

I don't know about MB Trading but, in general, bucket shops don't provide direct market access and tweak their data a little, in their favour. However, they are the way to go for new traders and you are wise to start small. I wouldn't recommend anyone invest $10K first up. Chances are you'll lose money trading any system if you haven't first learned money and risk management and all the pitfalls of trading.

MB Trading is about as far from a bucketshop as one can get - they are one of a handful of MT4 brokers that can be trusted. (BTW, they are also opening a european office about this time, thus without the FIFO and LILO restrictions, plus I think they will be 100:1) Via them, you can trade 0.01 lots (they should be 0.1 in their MT4, where, for example 10 is 1 full size lot). I'd be a little concerned though about an account as small as $400 - you should not risk more than 2%-3% on any trade. The returns are likely to be small as well, so it will be a tough haul. Good Luck.

MB Trading is about as far from a bucketshop as one can get - they are one of a handful of MT4 brokers that can be trusted. (BTW, they are also opening a european office about this time, thus without the FIFO and LILO restrictions, plus I think they will be 100:1) Via them, you can trade 0.01 lots (they should be 0.1 in their MT4, where, for example 10 is 1 full size lot). I'd be a little concerned though about an account as small as $400 - you should not risk more than 2%-3% on any trade. The returns are likely to be small as well, so it will be a tough haul. Good Luck.

I opened a demo account with MB Trading to get the realtime data for NinjaTrader. I got the data in Ninja but for the currency pair (GBPUSD) for which I have my chart open. To clarify, after keeping the GBPUSD chart open for half an hour, when I opened GBPCHF chart, I started receiving the data from the point when I open this new chart and not from the point when I connected Ninja to MB Trading datafeed or not the historic data as well. I tried 3 times for live chart but after waiting for 8-9 minutes for the representative, the live chat window gave me the option to leave a message. Then I called their US office and the first person transferred my call to someone experienced in Ninja. I waited for 27 minutes and then I disconnected the phone and once again called to speak to first person. He transferred my call once again and I waited for another 13 minutes and disconnected.

Yesterday, I sent messages 3 times when I was thrown out of the chat window to message window but I have not heard back from them yet.

But one good news is that, finally I got success to get the real-time forex data in Ninja by signing up for a demo account for one month with PFGBEST.com

My first experience is very good with PFGBEST.com. The live chat representative was very helpful when I did not receive the email with PFGAPI download and login name and password. She immediately sent the email to me and offered other help as well.

So the members who want to have the realtime forex data to learn egaalh's strategy, can sign up for a demo account with PFGBEST.com They have got a NinjaTrader platform menu on their website.

Wishing you all good luck for trading.

I received a PM from Suchi.. but can't reply because I basicly need 15 posts for it first lol x.x She asked me if this system for MT4 is working trough the same way as NT because it looks different... My view on this:

"Hi, it looks different yeah but entry and exit signals remain the same.

One note, I only work with his system in range markets.. In strong trending markets I use V3 alphatrader which also can be found on this forum.

When it comes to Egaalh´s system I use it for the earlier mentioned range markets -> scalping only. Most effective way to use it is in combination with pivots-s/r lines/fib's.

High possibility lines will allways bounce a bit on those as you prolly know..

Entry on SMI 1 or 2 changed color balls that closed, so its for sure the direction has changed for a bit. red red red red red green green(closed) -> enter.

Only do this tho when Stochastic is giving a good overbought-oversold and when bars are actually hitting the price channel.

I tend to exit when the lines have either went up or retraced towards the MA unless there is a good reason to stay in.

For me its working out so far but one would still need to focus on all other things like patterns and so on.. you know the drill.

gl"

Edited by mrrhypon