req:ForexStrategySecrets

• 3 weeks later...

Don't bother with this.

I bought the method expecting a profitible trading approach but have requested a refund from the vendor.

The method is a short-term trend following system based on a higher TF, the result of which is not profitable.

I have never seen a similar approach work in the past on short timeframes. This one is no different.

I have practiced this method using several years worth of data on a trade simulator and it is not profitable.

Website advertising claims and actual method rules are not the same.

The real method is much more subjective than advertised.

Live and Learn..

Don't bother with this.

I bought the method expecting a profitible trading approach but have requested a refund from the vendor.

The method is a short-term trend following system based on a higher TF, the result of which is not profitable.

I have never seen a similar approach work in the past on short timeframes. This one is no different.

I have practiced this method using several years worth of data on a trade simulator and it is not profitable.

Website advertising claims and actual method rules are not the same.

The real method is much more subjective than advertised.

Live and Learn..

Thanks for the heads up. I was interested but now will not proceed. Cheers to you and Indo !

You're welcome.

They did issue a speedy refund with no argument.

Here is the system in a nutshell if you're still curious:

M15 chart.

3 SMA and 5 SMA. 5 SMA is shifted by 1.

Add Heiken Ashi.

Add OsMA, default settings.

Use H4 TF to determine trend direction (discretionary)

If SMAs have crossed and OsMA has crossed zero line and HA is the right color, trade.

Put stop at latest S/R point.

Exits are discretionary.

That's about it.

You're welcome.

They did issue a speedy refund with no argument.

Here is the system in a nutshell if you're still curious:

M15 chart.

3 SMA and 5 SMA. 5 SMA is shifted by 1.

Add Heiken Ashi.

Add OsMA, default settings.

Use H4 TF to determine trend direction (discretionary)

If SMAs have crossed and OsMA has crossed zero line and HA is the right color, trade.

Put stop at latest S/R point.

Exits are discretionary.

That's about it.

Just to clarify, this is "N'th Degree" system ?

I think they have another called Launchpad... Thanks

This is the LaunchPad method.

The sellers do stress that "N'th Degree" is built upon the foundation of LaunchPad, maybe that's how it got it's name.

However, since the foundation is shaky, it doesn't make sense to add more floors.

LaunchPad does a little better if you simplify it by removing OsMA, but it is still not profitable.

The OsMA does not help as a move is usually well underway by the time it confirms.

There is more choppiness than trending in the shorter timeframes and when you do find a trend they don't last long enough to offset the losses.

I'm not a believer in MTF and never have been, as I've seen no evidence that it enhances performance.

Looking to a higher timeframe for trend is backwards, if anything one should look to the lower timeframes, maybe for divergences, as they will always lead.

The notion of persistence of the longer term trends acting in favor of the shorter timeframes just does not display itself in testing or real time.

This is only my opinion and I'm sure others may disagree, I've just haven't seen the evidence.

Always willing to be proven wrong.

Edited by conglo

Just to clarify, this is "N'th Degree" system ?

I think they have another called Launchpad... Thanks

This is what I got from attending their trading room on trial - the difference between the Nth Degree and the Launch Pad is that Nth degree has Awesome indicator added on the chart.

The Awesome indicator is being used to detect divergence and on higher TF it is used in their Blue Light Special strategy ( with Heiken Ashi ) to inform us the direction of the trade to trigger in the lower TF. In Nth Degree, they also have a strategy called Early Bird.

For entries they rate the quality of a signal based on the numbers of indicators that is in alignment with the direction of the higher TF and label them as 4-alarm or 5-alarm signal.

Another thing that I learned is that when you get the Norwood Alert signal, it does not mean that it is an entry signal. You will have to evaluate the signal based on SnR on higher TF, the angle and separation of the two MAs on your trading TF, the current price whether it is in congruence, divergence or convergence in higher TFs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest leospartain
This is price action the best way to trade the market, mtf scenario without it, prepare to blow your account. Lp is all about selling high and buying low that's how u make money in forex. This system is the best i did not buy this system but applied the concepts.

• 4 weeks later...

Here are the nth_degree indicators and template ... no manual

if you want to know more join up for the "jump start program" on their site it is free

they use the platforms osma and I have put in a color osma

and I also changed the heiken_ashi to show the bodies only

https://anonfiles.com/file/025e53a1787c09a148a9090dceec6bfc