EA Shark 6.0 Need Educated

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here ya go, Lou Lou --

http://www.multiupload.com/ME4LVH8JDN 

I included Proxy.dll as this is the only one the EA seems to need. This way you don't have to run the installer which includes a lot of modules you probably don't need or want.

Also, I commented out the code that skips "inconvenient" days, so backtesting should give you a more accurate idea of this EA's profitability (or lack thereof).

Edited by BobR
link updated for bug correction

• 2 weeks later...
I just came across this on their site, has anyone had any actual luck with this one? I used to use Shark 5.0 a little over a year ago and it blew my account after about 6 months. Just wondering if they fixed some issues, because they promote this thing on their site as being the best thing ever. Although what EA writer doesn't..

How you get this EA working? I put this to M30 EU all def setting and never place a trade... I found error in the expert tab. Also I place files in the expert and expert/libraries

folder. Did I miss something?

2010.12.17 12:53:49 2010.12.13 17:19 EA_SHARK6.0_ULTIMATE EURUSD,M30: ArrayCopyRates function internal error

Edited by PIPHORE

How you get this EA working? I put this to M30 EU all def setting and never place a trade... I found error in the expert tab. Also I place files in the expert and expert/libraries

folder. Did I miss something?

2010.12.17 12:53:49 2010.12.13 17:19 EA_SHARK6.0_ULTIMATE EURUSD,M30: ArrayCopyRates function internal error

I have some errors and no trades since 3 days, with the version posted here :-/

Might not be worth educating it. It has special code to avoid about 150 different trading days in the last 10 years (just for backtesting purposes of course). Obviously, it had some major problems on those days. We all know that more days like those are coming...

This is a post from another forum, a mail with an answer from easystems regarding that code:

QUESTION:

Hello Forexeasystems,

I am a happy customer and purchased the EA Shark 6.0 and also the EA Shark 4.0. Both systems doing quite well and paid itself already many times. I am also a member from donnaforex trading community where users discuss settings and share trading results from the EA Shark 6.0. Yesterday, one user claimed that there is something wrong with the EA Shark 6.0 and that the results are manipulated.

"Approx. 40 times in last 10 years this EA has self destructed or come close. So around every 3 months this will lose big time."

Link to post: http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=2810.msg61624#msg61624

My questions:

Is such function included and if yes, why?

I paid in summary 538.00 USD for your systems and I hope I get a clear, straight answer. If the feature was added to manipulate results I wish to get a refund for both system according to your refund policy. I am really more than tiered to get another time ripped off.

Your earliest response is appreciated.

Regards

X

ANSWER:

Dear X

Thank you for your Email.

As you might know mechanical trading systems run profitable during certain kind of trading conditions. When the conditions change dramatically the system will fail and lose money. There are hundreds of trading systems which worked very well before financial crisis and then failed. Also Shark 5.0 wasn’t an expectation. Simple reason: Every mechanical system will fail. Some sooner, some later.

We learned our lessons and when we started to develop EA Shark 6.0 we always kept in mind that the system will run only profitable in the long run when we analyze a large number of data which can affect the trading conditions and develop a flexible logic which allows the system to adjust itself. Shark 6.0 uses inter market, macro economic, correlation data from indices and major currency pairs, financial news incl. historical results and forecast, and statistical arbitrage data to determine actual conditions and forecast possible changes. For short: When the trading conditions change, the system will change with them.

Take a look to the last 3 months. EUR crisis because of Greece and Ireland. The volume increased and the volatility as well. Now take a look to the trade activity from the EA Shark 6.0. You will see the system adjusted itself and increased the number of trades by two times.

That as basic information. Now to your question:

My questions:

Yes. Client version gets all data from our server and don’t includes the data libraries. During forward trading it works like this: The server collect and analyzes all data in real time. If the conditions are not clear or going to change trading will be disabled till enough data are collected for automated parameter and logic adjustment. Historical dates where such situation appeared are hard coded in the front file (ex4) from the client version to speed up the process of testing on the client terminal. When the data would be requested and analyzed in simulated real time mode mostly clients wouldn’t be able to run tester because of high technical requirements. And those who uses very strong machines would need to be very patient as testing would need really long time.

This would be of course not acceptable and from this reason these days are hard coded in the ex4 file. There is nothing to hide or wrong with or do you really think that we would “hide” something in an ex4 file which can be decompiled from everybody who own a decompiling script what costs on Russian forums 10 USD?

If from some reason you are not 100% satisfied with the system, let us know. We will then disable the license and process the refund.

Best Regards

Team ForexEASystems

This is a post from another forum, a mail with an answer from easystems regarding that code:

QUESTION:

My questions:

ANSWER:

Dear X

During forward trading it works like this: The server collect and analyzes all data in real time. If the conditions are not clear or going to change trading will be disabled till enough data are collected for automated parameter and logic adjustment. Historical dates where such situation appeared are hard coded in the front file (ex4) from the client version to speed up the process of testing on the client terminal.

BULLSHIT!

If it was like that, they should advise customers in front end that they avoid 150 days from a 10 years backtest or simple claim that backtest is no use since they control

from server some days to not trade. In spite of the elaborate argument, if you think about all of this not make sense: how come the could predict the days to not trade? If they have a crystal ball, may be they could!

Sadly, I have had no trades either, Didier. I found a bug in my "education" that sets the EA for optimization, testing, or visual modes only. Here is a corrected copy --

http://www.multiupload.com/ME4LVH8JDN  

thank you

but why when i try to bactest theres error:

2010.12.31 08:27:55 2000.06.22 07:10 EA_SHARK6.0_ULTIMATE EURUSD,M30: ArrayCopyRates function internal error

EURUSD,M30: ArrayCopyRates function internal error

This error comes from MT4 and not the EA. I'm having that problem, too, as well as someone over at Donna Forex --

http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=2810.75 

A few posts down, someone suggests that you click Tools and then History Center (or F2) and download the history for EURUSD. I did that and then got "LESS THAN 1000 BARS IN CHART." So then I ticked the "Use Date" box and restricted the data to just this year. This time there were no error messages, but there weren't any trades either.

At this point, I'm stumped. The DLL may need to be "fixed" before this thing will work properly.

After doing some homework, Shark 6.0 is basically a modified version of MegaDroid v1.21 whereby most of MegaDroid functions is either simplified (no stealth mode) and then put into dll libraries

Doesn't this EA take a lot more trades than MD? It would be really interesting to compare statements between this and MD.