The 30 pips a day strategy

Guest jose5912

Can anybody help me how to setting 30 pips indicator......"system loaded not successfully".......??????

Thank you

Natraja please use the link posted by equalizer...let me get that for you..ok here it is..

http://www.4shared.com/file/sFdT42MN/30_pips.html

thats the one ...after you download and unzip the folder you will get a PDF which is the user manual for the system and a folder with 4 files ( 3 indicator files and a dll file).

Place the dll file in the experts/library folder and the other 3 files place them in the expert/indicator folder.

Open a 5 minute chart or 1 minute chart of eurusd or any of the pairs mentioned on the PDF, place the indicators on the charts...ensure that your indicator settings are enabled to allow dll imports and external expert imports, and now you shouldnt have any problem...hope that helps.

Please do note that the arrows repaint.... so donot look surprised if you see them dissappear....

Hope that was helpful

Edited by heisamit

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folk,

I like using this , it's good if you know how to use it.Although it repaints but that does not stop it from making profit.

Now this is how i use it profitably

I wait for the white arrow to appear on a pivot level , you know like r1,r2, s1,s2 and the rest. Then wait for a reversal candle for example in the screen shot below.http://i51.tinypic.com/10f6gt1.gif

you can see the third white arrow, you need to wait for the arrow to come up and then wait again to see a strong reversal then you are good to go in that direction. This is working fine for me.

You can give some thanks if this works for you and if it doesn't i'm here to help you get it to work.

It doesn't matter that the arrow repaints.

The arrow must be confirmed at the close of the following bar, and if it is not confirmed, the arrow disappears and will reappear with a new possible setup.

I've had seven winning trades in a row with this over about a two hour period.

Do you use all the colored arrows or just certain ones?

What time frame & pair are you using? Do you use anything else for confirmation such as pivot points, other indicators or support/resistance? Thanks.

Edited by Diesel 10

I've been using all of them, but I think I may try to stick with the blue and green ones as it is claimed they are the most reliable.

I am using the system with the default indis on the M5 on six pairs, I have also added the 3 Daily OHLC bars that Kraven uses on the

K.R.A.P.P. method which can be found on that thread.

I think S/R may be more useful to target exit points than entries, but it's too early to tell, I'd like to play with this one for a few weeks.

Do you use all the colored arrows or just certain ones?

What time frame & pair are you using? Do you use anything else for confirmation such as pivot points, other indicators or support/resistance? Thanks.

Here's a very flexible S/R indicator that works a little differently.

EDIT: if you've already downloaded, please download from this link (small fix):

http://www.multiupload.com/X61023N58E

It uses the default ZigZag parameters to draw horizontal S/R lines on multiple timeframes as far back as you like.

I found the indi on another forum and only renamed it and tweaked it a little.

Edited by conglo

no hedgehog, it vanishes and a new one appears after...granted i only watched for a short period of time but i seen 5 possible entries....after watching them develope I would have been better off entering as soon as the candle closes where the arrow is (not the next one) at least i could have exited with around +8pips......if i'd followed the rules in the manual and entered after the next candle closes (in the right direction) I would have had losses as the price came straight back down on all 5 occassions to hit SL

Again, I only watched for a short time on GU and EU so it may have been a bad period for this indi.

But if you guys are getting good results from it i'll monitor it some more

in reference to repaint!!

Here is a direct quote from the manual, the section on Money Management - Conservative Trading Style

"3. If you lost this test trade and it hits the Stop. You will do a follow up trade immediately

after a loss. After you lose a trade the arrow will PRINT AGAIN showing you a possible new

entry. This is the follow up to the test trade. This time open a trade that is 3 X larger then the

test trade.. If you opened up 0.1 lots open 0.3 lots for this trade. Use either of the exits you

see below"

So the manual clearly states it will reprint after a losing trade

What I've learned so far from using this is that there has to be a solid reversal candle after the arrow prints.

Personally I would not use the test method followed by a 3X trade, there's no more likelihood that the followup trade is going to work than any other trade.

One other thing I've noticed is that if the CCI is +/- 100 and then turns around to recross that level back to the middle that this is a good reversal sign.

I've been using this mainly during the Asian session when things are quieter, this may be part of whatever success I'm having (so far).

in reference to repaint!!

Here is a direct quote from the manual, the section on Money Management - Conservative Trading Style

"3. If you lost this test trade and it hits the Stop. You will do a follow up trade immediately

after a loss. After you lose a trade the arrow will PRINT AGAIN showing you a possible new

entry. This is the follow up to the test trade. This time open a trade that is 3 X larger then the

test trade.. If you opened up 0.1 lots open 0.3 lots for this trade. Use either of the exits you

see below"

So the manual clearly states it will reprint after a losing trade

Edited by conglo

It has alerts.

this is an excellent system but because its a 5mins system we need to be very alert and standby on the screen else we gotta wait for next opportunity. I guess its not possible to translate into a EA because it need to recognise the next candle after arrow to be bullish or bearish right?

observed the system on eur/usd 1min and 5min, did a few trades very good, performed well........

gbp/usd on 5min not so well, need to take care with this pair

had placed the 30 pip indcator on about four different charts, seems to have really slowed down the meta trader platform, not my computer, every else on the pc was working top speed.......

I took the 30 pip indicator off my MT4 live account and put it on a demo account, that way my live account functions without slowing down, but I can still get the signal on the demo

I'v left the PRO CCI indicator on my account

I've found this way works much better for me :)

Edited by lifebeam