Candle Breakout EA

I just had this ea created ...

Description. - candle breakout ... ea sets pending order above/below candle (not range) , should work on any timeframe,

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L90KEDNJ

**** Update 1/3/2011

I have added a day filter to EA , this was done by myself so not sure if coding correct, code was taken from another ea.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y3BP566A

Edited by junglist00
update link

would be a really good EA if an add-on could be included to trade in only 1 direction...so it would enter only on the break of the top of the candle and you could disable the bottom and vice versa....so basically you could set it to buy only (top of candle break), and switch sell off all together (break of bottom candle)..you could set it with the trend plus it would have many other applications. Edited by kraven

would be a really good EA if an add-on could be included to trade in only 1 direction...so it would enter only on the break of the top of the candle and you could disable the bottom and vice versa....so basically you could set it to buy only (top of candle break), and switch sell off all together (break of bottom candle)..you could set it with the trend plus it would have many other applications.

Can't you do that already for any EA?

With the settings in the Common tab:

You can choose:

Long&Short positions

Only Long

Only Short

But maybe i misunderstood your query.

freddy

Can't you do that already for any EA?

With the settings in the Common tab:

You can choose:

Long&Short positions

Only Long

Only Short

But maybe i misunderstood your query.

freddy

Lol, you are right, the functions are already there in MT4. Some people just say things to sound wise, but end up making them fools instead.

Edited by Augustine

hey, i'm not a know all MT4 user like yourself and EA's are something completely new to me, I've never used one....but thanks freddy for letting me know.

kraven, np mate,

I don't know either, all MT4 tricks.

I don't like so much EAs (actually I only test Crescendo and iWin) but I like reading and understand things even though I am not sure I will use them!

in fact, I don't like blackboxes, I want to know what they do.

But EAs, as tools, can help certainly.

Freddy i think this EA could help me a lot and has a lot of applications for my style of trading....i use a spreadbet account to place bet and an MT4 platform for charts but if this little EA works well i may change to a MT4 broker account.

t2g why i wanted to know about trading in a certain direction only is to make this EA versatile (which Freddy pointed out, it is)...there's a few strategies it could be used for, e.g. entering only after a pullback....so if trends up and pb occurs then just keep setting this to the next candle with 'long' set only etc..

yeah. kraven. its the most difficult and important part of the EA I think.....about how to decide the trend direction........

somebody please let us know.........

Hi, the ea was created for me to test a strategy on candle breakout .... this was a straight up/down breakout ... not taking into consideration any type of trend. I guess this feature could be added but would cost me more to do so, so if any programmer in forum want to take on task i don't mind. However would like to have bugs sorted out first as some of pending orders not being placed correctly. If you can get a 50% accuracy in a 2(tp):1(sl) risk will still be positive. Thats what i was looking for, didnt want to get too complicated because you add something like MA, then someone wants RSI, then MACD .... get the idea, was not looking for 90% accuracy. I just glanced at forex cresendo strategy this week even though it is not breakout ... if you look at candle GBP/USD, M15 at time 00:00 and 12:00 , GMT+3 , see if there is some pattern there.

There are a few range trading breakout ea's out there with all the whistles ....

On my Mt4-platforms it does not open any orders.

No error-messages, nothing.

i am on fxdd , basically there is a candle time so i think if you are on H1 chart time have to be 1:00 , 2:00 ... , if on M15 ... time 1:00, 1:15, 1:30.... , if M30 time 1:00 , 1:30, 2:00 .... depending on which candle you want to trade

think there may be some conflict if order is already open for pair, will have to get this looked into.

Check journal to see if orders where opened then cancelled, that happen with 1 order for me.

• 3 months later...
when candle breakout , works ? in 24 hours ?

i tested in fxopen ...

GMT offset = 2

please helping me to complate this parametr

candle hour and candle minutes ?

If you want to trade breakout of 8:15 candle you put ea on 15min chart (candle close 8:30), will set pending orders about high/low of this candle .... may have to mess around with parameter a bit to understand ... just put on demo, multiple charts and timeframes and see.