Power levels trading

A breakthrough I think guys, take a look at this thread, it casts new light on the power levels. The link begins at p106 as this is where my search directed me to but the thread is fairly long and I have just began looking through it. One of the traders there has said he has the indicator. From what I have read on the page it looks like power levels has a lot to do with long term fibs. See what you come up with from the thread and post it here:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=255974&page=106

This is the system on the first thread:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=255974

Here we go:

''The Power Levels are just Weekly/Monthly Camarilla Levels. I posted an indicator on my thread in Trading Journals called CPivots which does the same thing. You can DL it from the attachments menu. I also posted an Indicator called ShoreLines which produces more accurate levels. If you read through the last few pages of the thread there's some good stuff there and on the Old Dog thread as well.'' (source: pm fudo forexfactory)

Fudo''

Edited by dave123

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

''They are probably very similar. The wisdom guy doesn't have a crystal ball, he's just averaging against the mean of all levels for confluence and presenting them as a mysterious secrets. I remember looking at his thread a year ago and I believe he uses historical SR combined with Pivots, Fibs.

Anyone can do this. Zoom your charts out and start on the highest timeframe. you can quickly identify the support and resistance levels. color code the additional levels for each decreasing timeframe. M/W/D are the most important.

Then you compare with the Standard Pivots, Fib Pivots, Fib Zones, Camarilla, Retracement Fibs on MWD moves, etc. Where the most lines are at the same level, with higher timeframe lines together, these are probably your "power levels"

put stuff on a chart and compare to his levels, then you'll know what he's using.

$200 a month? what a rip. lol

take care,

Fudo''

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i find what they are doing. its just a calculation off put and call of futures options . Just download the cme bulletin and do this

To get the levels using the following formula:

to Call: Strike + Settle * 10;

for Put: Strike-Settle * 10.

You watched the column Change, so you and get a level 6068. If we take the data from column Settle, we get the following: 6000 +2.65 * 10 = 6026.5 with regard to rounding 6027 - all right there is no error.

Hi guys, i find what they are doing. its just a calculation off put and call of futures options . Just download the cme bulletin and do this

To get the levels using the following formula:

to Call: Strike + Settle * 10;

for Put: Strike-Settle * 10.

You watched the column Change, so you and get a level 6068. If we take the data from column Settle, we get the following: 6000 +2.65 * 10 = 6026.5 with regard to rounding 6027 - all right there is no error.

Have you checked these against the authors levels? If they are the same then great work.

lol makes me laugh how some people talking about how good this is yet dont want to pay the piddly 249/month !? If you're gonna make thousands pay the money !

It's not the money everyone is bothered about. We don't want to be reliant on one guy, who can suddenly stop publishing these levels for some reason. We want to be self sufficient. I'm sure someone mentioned this earlier, If you read the whole thread.

It makes me laugh how someone can be happy to sit there and need someone else to tell you how and when to trade.

We can be rich now. A easy way to do the same thing, read and be happy.

h**p://www.betsyndicate.net/foreks-osnovy/optionnie-urovni-v2.html

A great thanks to Arbiter. The creator of this.

yeah, that is great work! undoubtedly

i have seen that type of futures analysis - as i remember in volfix.net site

but it is not free

and i know the man who uses it with *very* good success....

so, all of that make sense... imho

Tmalone is correct in what he says, I am trading those levels with success. I have a indicator called 'Grid indicator' which places all of those levels on the chart. It is excellent, when you see price reach a level and it stalls, you can, in all probability expect a reversal or pullback. If price goes through a level it often stalles at the next one with a bars testing that level before reversal. I have found that when a bar tests a level two or three times or more there is a very good chance of a pullback/reversal.

What do I need to do to upload my indicator?

Hey guys, i don't think that paying this $250/month service will make people money. A big part of the good performance this guys has probably depends on trade management, discipline and psycology.

I haven't analyzed his trades in depth, but it seems like he finds strong support and resistance clusters, to base his trades on them.

I personally trade in a similar fashion, but holding on longer for more pips, and better reward to risk ratios, even though win% decreases as compared to the scalping approach. I find clusters in the 4H timeframe made up of horizontal levels, weekly pivots and trendlines. Go back a couple of weeks in the mayor currencies and find these levels, then study price action around them (pin candles, strong rejections, that type of stuff).

My advice is to study study study and practice practice practice and learn to do it by yourself, so that it lasts for a lifetime. If you haven't done so, start by going to www.nobrainertrades.com (brilliant S&R education) that explains the clusters concept. You can also study Chris Lori's stuff available in this forum (brilliant).

Don't spend you precious time looking for signal services or systems, rather develop your skills as traders.

Edited by fatherloko

You have to post things off site like www.4shared.com than post the link or you can send me a instant message and I can do it for you

Tmalone is correct in what he says, I am trading those levels with success. I have a indicator called 'Grid indicator' which places all of those levels on the chart. It is excellent, when you see price reach a level and it stalls, you can, in all probability expect a reversal or pullback. If price goes through a level it often stalles at the next one with a bars testing that level before reversal. I have found that when a bar tests a level two or three times or more there is a very good chance of a pullback/reversal.

OK, I have opened an account at http://www.4shared.com/ and placed the indicator in my account there, however, when I paste the full address it displays my account details as well as the indicator. That can't be right, how do I post the address containing just the indicator?

Try this link: http://www.4shared.com/file/NpJe1r_A/_2__Grid_Builder.htm

Not sure if that is my link:-(

Edited by dave123

Trying to daytrade without a knowledge of those levels is like trying to drive blind. As soon as I became aware of those levels my profits increased exponentially. I'm not aware of any technical setup that could'nt benefit from using them to confirm or filter entry and exit signals.

link is working

The link works fine, I downloaded it

Thanks

OK, I have opened an account at http://www.4shared.com/ and placed the indicator in my account there, however, when I paste the full address it displays my account details as well as the indicator. That can't be right, how do I post the address containing just the indicator?

Try this link: http://www.4shared.com/file/NpJe1r_A/_2__Grid_Builder.htm

Not sure if that is my link:-(

Dave this indicator just puts a line on every 5pips.