Power levels trading

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have problems with the indicator not showing levels at all then please download this test updated version below:

Also, please enable debug option by changing the 0 to a 1 and then observe the terminal window's expert tab for any messages which may indicate what is going wrong.

This test version has an additional check to see if the CSV file is empty, if it's empty it will try and download it again. It also has a fix for some users who's brokers have a suffix after their symbol name, i.e EURUSDm (Thanks to San4x for his help).

Btw, I got the verification email, but there is no link in there. I have the token as well, but dont know on what link to verify....

It just says in plain text, click here to activate your account.

Your email client/provider must be stripping out the link's target somehow. Anyway I have enabled your account so you don't need to verify email.

The wait is over... The power levels indicator is ready for your consumption!

Head over to http://www.forexpowerlevels.com and create an account using your Indo forum username. I will then manually upgrade your account to a lifetime member. It may take me some time to activate you due to timezone differences so if you want to use the indicator right away go to "My Account" once logged in and activate the 14 day trial.

Any problems let me here and I will try to help.

Also I would appreciate if some of you could come up with a testimonial which I can use on the website. One or two short sentences will be fine!

Remember: Registration is free for life for all Indo members. The only condition is you signup between now and 25th August. After that date the subscription cost will be $11.99 per month with 14 day trial.

Good luck trading the levels.

Hi Carlos,

I have created the account under username Fxheaven.

Please activate me for lifetime membership.

Thanks and kind regards.

Friends, I need your help. I have gone through the whole of thread many times. I have clearly understood the calculation of power levels and also trading them successfully (except yesterday, when pre-jackson hole market was screwed up).

But I still do not understand why the levels work. I tried to fit the caculation on USDINR data (using furtures and options data form exchange) and it worke don USDINR as well.

But someone please explain me why the levels work? What is the fundamentak behind them?

Friends, I need your help. I have gone through the whole of thread many times. I have clearly understood the calculation of power levels and also trading them successfully (except yesterday, when pre-jackson hole market was screwed up).

But I still do not understand why the levels work. I tried to fit the caculation on USDINR data (using furtures and options data form exchange) and it worke don USDINR as well.

But someone please explain me why the levels work? What is the fundamentak behind them?

Hi currency_tunes. Here is the answer.

Spot FX Vs. FX Futures

Open interest and volume data on currency futures allow you to gauge market sentiment in the currency futures market, which also influences, and is influenced by, the spot forex market. Currency futures are basically spot prices, which are adjusted by the forward swaps (derived by interest rate differentials) to arrive at a future delivery price. (the spreedshet that i place here already add this diference) Unlike spot forex, which does not have a centralized exchange, currency futures are cleared at exchanges, such as the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME), which is the world's largest market for exchange-traded currency futures. Currency ffutures are generally based on standard contract sizes, with typical durations of three months. Spot forex, on the other hand, involves a two-day cash delivery transaction.

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/07/market_sentiment.asp#ixzz1WIGzLDJ4

I'm thinking of opening a channel with Livestream Procaster to help those who do not understand how to trade the power levels.

I will let you know.

Hi currency_tunes. Here is the answer. Spot FX Vs. FX Futures...I'm thinking of opening a channel with Livestream Procaster to help those who do not understand how to trade the power levels. I will let you know.

That is very informative, thanks guedesjunior. How would I trade these levels that appear to be generated in US? I live in Bulgaria half the year and Malaysia the other half.

UK opening is around 0200 NY so I suspect that Chicago could be about 6 hours later so getting on for London close.

That would mean mid afternoon when I am in Malaysia.

BTW- Has anyone received their life membership? I applied weeks back but have had no rely.

Edited by Freddie

That is very informative, thanks guedesjunior. How would I trade these levels that appear to be generated in US? I live in Bulgaria half the year and Malaysia the other half.

UK opening is around 0200 NY so I suspect that Chicago could be about 6 hours later so getting on for London close.

That would mean mid afternoon when I am in Malaysia.

BTW- Has anyone received their life membership? I applied weeks back but have had no rely.

Freddie, look in your account on the powerlevel homepage. There is written your membership is guilty until 2103 :-)

hey c0py, thank you for upgrading my trial account! Appreciate it!! And if this helps, I have a brief testimonial for you (hope it doesnt sound cheesy)

"Trading with Power Levels makes things so much easier! It's incredible to watch the price bounce off those lines (give or take a few pips)... whether it's Forex or commodities. the accuracy of your Power Levels is uncanny!!"

So, power level = call strike + settlement + fx swap

or, power level = put strike - settlement + fx swap

From, where do you get the FX swap level to adjust everyday ?

I also do not know. I only know that they works. Its not perfect. They create a range between the put and call levels, buyers and sellers respectively.

Here is our trade zone, where we need to find confluence or some price action. Why power levels is so great ? Because on this levels, buyers and sellers agree among themselves. We are in the zone of decision for them. We just wait.

http://i51.tinypic.com/whh1sm.gif

http://i51.tinypic.com/whh1sm.gif

Again, rewarded with quick 15 dollars (0.1 lot) in early morning EURUSD long off 1.4466 support.

Indeed, the levels are too accurate.

Thnk you for update ..

Nice would have been to see a chart with entry é exit .. by just dragging from closed account history, drag the trade to chart .. thus with your template on chart, we could understand better ..

A chart explanatory picture is worth a million words ..

Thanking you in advance

Good trading wishes

Point taken Marchello.

Just that am awefully short of time these days.. with a new baby arrival...

So, I just type the levels quickly and once can see the price action on your chart if you chk that levels. For example, yesterday, there was a great short EURUSD trade from 4520-4530 level. I trailed my trade with a 5 EMA as stop (on 15 min TF) and took profit finally at 4430 (next power level). 4430 didn't hold and broke. I shorted again on retracement to 4425 (Pivot level just below 4430). And took profit at 4390 (after it bounced from 4385.. 4380 being anotehr power level).

Will start marking levels on chart and post.. may be in a week or so..

Edited by currency_tunes

Hi everyone. I started a livestream channel here ( http://www.livestream.com/optionslevels ) for those who want to learn how to trade the levels. In london and usa open.

But I'm warning you guys, i am trader and and I'm doing it for free. So do not expect I'll be there all day ok.

Edited by guedesjunior25