[SHARE] Forex Shockwave

It can be used on any timeframe, the manual shows two settings: one for M15 and another for M1.

If MM = false then it uses the lotsize you have defined in the Lots -parameter.

If MM = true then it calculates the appropriate lotsize depending on the setting AccountIsMicro. This way it won't use the value of the Lots -parameter.

So, if you want to go with a fixed 0.01 lotsize all the time, then set MM to false and set Lots to 0.01 .

I have got an email from "John Wilson" who used this EA on different charts with different settings and claims over 97% winning (is this a magic number or what? Everyone comes with this 97% :D ). John will give these settings as a bonus if we buy the robot from his link.

Does anybody has this bonus settings?

The TP & SL settings are ridiculous. Stop loss: 225 or 155, Take profit: 500, Trailing Stop: 5 - I would bet my left gonad that in the entire history of forex, the EU has never run for 500 pips without having a 5 pip retracement. It's a pointless setting. The reality is that this EA is going to take very small profits with an enormous exposure of 155 - 225 pips. Good luck with this one ppl.

I dont think the dam thing works i have had it running for over 3hrs on the 1 min but nothing. and i agree with the post above i am using micro lots so does that mean the SL and TP are now 25/50 or is it at 255 and 500?? confusing

"Old tick" is a server side problem, not an EA failure. It means that your MT got an old price. Usually slow or crowded servers are throwing this error message. Simply wait or re-login onto an other server.

BTW the 500 TP on EURUSD is really huge. Maybe good for the daily or the weekly chart. But it's definitely wrong for the 5 pips trailing stop.

Are these default settings intentionally wrong? Is there a supplemental documentation missing?

Edited by Don

In My journal i am get a Old Tick i am not sure what this means and is prohibiting the EA to function

You can download the price data.

On MT4, you'll need to go to Tools and select History Centre. Under Forex, expand EURUSD and select M1 and then click Download.

After the download has completed, click Download one more time for it to generate for all time frame.

If you are using IamFX, the above will not work.

I dont think the dam thing works i have had it running for over 3hrs on the 1 min but nothing. and i agree with the post above i am using micro lots so does that mean the SL and TP are now 25/50 or is it at 255 and 500?? confusing

The default stop loss, 155, is in PIPS. The initial stop loss is set at 155 pips. If the trade goes the intended direction, it will trail the stop loss closer to the entry price. Try to run the Strategy tester and see the results on how the trade progresses.

Edit: Here is the back test using default setting on M1

Edited by JasonKwok

Thanks Jason

But when i select download it prompts me that the data i am downloading will not be the same as Go Markets and if a dispute arises about price i can not legally complain about it???

We used the download data to back test and find the optimal settings.

Forward testing, even on demo account, will be using live data from the individual broker.

You also need to find out the GMT offset for your broker as it was mentioned in the manual that this EA is set for GMT +2 broker.

If you have set the Use Hour Trade to True, then the EA will only trade during the hour From Hour Trade to To Hour Trade.

Edit: In the case of price dispute, there isn't much we can do. We are trading the Spot Forex and there is no central exchange where we could compare the broker price with. Spot Forex is traded over the counter type of trading, where brokers get their price from the Banks. If you trading Forex Options and Futures, there is a central exchange.

Edited by JasonKwok

wow...I really admire your guts.

Yeah I am trading with with very little amount i figure the best way to know how it really works is trade them live i will do this for a while if all good then i will upgrade the EA to the the real money account