(REQ) Valkyrie

Hi sphanlon,

Don't waste your cash on this one. The words "My Private EA" makes it seem as though you're getting something really special, however the reason this guy is selling it is because the EA is far from special.

I don't like the look of the equity/drawdown chart at all.

I assume that's the best 2 year time period they could find to show a nice increasing curve, however the two years being from 12th Oct 2004 to 29th Nov 2006 tells us nothing about how the EA will perform in current (or even relatively recent - i.e. the last 4 years) market conditions.

Even more worrying is that the best chart they could put up still shows huge losses of 40% and 60% of account and there's not many folks around who would trust an EA enough to continue running it after losing streaks like those.

Then we take a closer look at the chart and realise that the horizontal scale wasn't what it seems. The dates seem to be picked out of thin air:

15 September 2005 is plotted on the chart and the next result appears on 26th July 2006 and it was a loss lol !

This suggests that this EA has massive stops and is willing to wait forever for the market to come back to try and make losing trades profitable instead of taking a whopping great loss. So for around 11 months from Sep 2005 to July 2006 the EA did nothing because it was trying to recover a previous trade gone wrong.