London Open Breakout

As for the breakouts you mentioned in your last post, is that from news releases as well or a separate BO strategy?

This thread came from the '1min a day' thread. Also available on site. Kraven changes the range setting to include 10:00 am UK because of news.

I took up that piece of info and watch a 10 to 1030 UK Breakout on £$.

Inthe course of this thread Kraven has given other pointers and some of these I am watching. So I report on some breakouts but only on £$.

Kraven does all the news posts, I sometimes try to find them myself in order to learn the 'art' of trading them like K does.

Occasionally I pick up that other pairs are good for this time of day so look at them.

I am not trading live because of my bad internet. In October I am going to Malaysia for my winter holiday. There I have good internet and will trade on those strategies that I have found to be good here.

To date they are the Asian Run; 10:30 London Breakout; Maybe the 06:00 LBO

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MPC has hit the 09:30 and pushed it up. A buy from there scarcely made 12 or 13; 15 to 18 if you used the body instead of the wick, and now it is on its way down.

IGNORE THAT!! I WAS ON 5MIN CHART SORRY

Now I am on 15min chart and £$ has just made 25 before retracing. 10:02 UK

Edited by Freddie

MPC at time of post close to +50

i've posted my breakout time one here already with an explanation. Freddies are different.

and i've posted about how i like to trade news and given many examples already (freddie charted a few too). as for filters, none really just be aware of other news.. your trade is only as good as the last news.

well never traded retail and borrowing this morning as candle + gap was almost 100pips. even so had i traded it still could have made 50pip. after that GU was pretty much exhausted. On the EU could have traded US employment data for 20+ and as i type 3:00 Phili Fed news candle has just broken (bit late for me, i like to see it break in 3 candles or less, but that's just me) it's now +20 (sell)

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Freddie. can you post a to the indi so i can download it and take a better look. I do like how it paints the dotted line through the news candle and puts a line on it's high and low, plus i only trade upto 4 candles after the news, so it looks like it was made for me : )..i like the 'news events' times but i think the 'trading pairs' is unrequired. Also the ArenDI looks like some volitility indi, again is it needed as you can see by looking at the price that it's moving.

thanks freddie...well i've installed it on a 15m GU chart. No News today so difficult to see how the temp. works...did he post any pics or explanations? is it like 'swingmans' i.e. lines through news candle, with upper/lower markers?

Nothing at all. I think that it was brought about over the discussion on 'boxes'; where & when they should be plotted.

Aside from an enquiry from a French girl who was answered in French, there is nothing about news other than Swingman claiming that his indi was now 300% accurate although still not ready for posting.

I will keep you informed

Hi All, help me to check this one out. Newstrading on auto cruise ;)

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/8749-Newtr-der-5.5 Cheers

Hi Expat, been to have a look, scary numbers if I read them right!!

I am struggling with manual trading and don't think that I'd risk my account with an EA - that is when I get reliable internet!!

Let's see if anyone else fancies a little adventure

In preparation for my move to Malaysia I am looking at a series of breakout times The Asian Run, a separate thread, London at 0600-0630 and 1000-1030.

This weeks totals GBP/USD were:

Asian run: range at 23-00 hrs M -76 T 116 W 107 Th 3 F 120 week total = 270 pips

London 0600 0630 range M-23 T 32 W 110 Th 84 F 242 week total = 445 pips

London 1000 1030 Range M-28 T -27 W 257 Th 167 F -250 week total= 119 pips

Summary -127 121 474 254 112 834

Edited by Freddie

Hi Kraven, nice to hear from you again.

The latest indi from 3tier on FF is a five trade each side. That's how I got -250 on Friday for the 10 o'clock lot. A 25pip range that crossed and crossed back quickly.

Here's the 6 o'clock pic a nice clean and quick move up and down.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/freddieforII/Asian%20Run/06300910.jpg

...and here are the losers 10 trades at 25pips

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/freddieforII/Asian%20Run/10300910.jpg

If I wasn't using the 25pip limit to the range then the range would be down almost to the green and the sells would have made 257pips.

Edited by Freddie