Forex Hippo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No1 testing the EA????

All were begging for the education and now there is absolutly no feedback???

It tested it, a fail from me unfortunately.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

I will begin a live demo forward test and post results in the next coming weeks. The best test are forward test not backtest I think.

EzBusiness

backtests match the forward tests. run a forward test for long enough and you will see the same issues as are revealed on the backtest.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

You are shure, you wrote about the right Hippo EA?

Because DonnaForex wrote:

Forex Hippo has had an impressive week yet again. Of all the EA's I'd have tipped for success, I wouldn't have expected it to be this one. It has actually quadrupled my demo account in the space of one month without a single loss. I'm always nervous however untill we see a few losses - losses tend to reveal much more about a system than it's gains, so the jury is still out on this one. Keep watching!

Top performing demo test robots this week (stats links are all on the right-->):-

Forex Hippo - Gained $1,121.78, 58.2%

So why you say, that this EA is disappointing?

Thanks,

megainvest

Pessimists always try to put things what they don't understand down, don't you know it?

FX Hippo is on second place in live trading on 4xproject what is robots main testing Web Site (Switzerland, owner Zeno). Probably wrong settings when no results?

I did put it on demo this weekend, we will see, blind said.

Hermes

hey guys, just change the sl to 0 and then try it, I think this has some true potential.

I compared 4xproject's results to Donna's, and the SL's that 4xproject experienced would have been avoid using Donna's "O" SL version - and vice versa, Donna would not have such great results with the new 100 pip stop loss ( I wonder if she realizes her version has no SL, as she does not warn people of the potential danger during her praise of its performance). Anyway, no SL is something I would not do for obvious reasons. I'm trying Hippo with the SL - minus the JPY pairs. We'll see.

Edited by gptoro

forex hippo no sl.gif (5.15 KB) http://www.multiupload.com/LYYUI3LKI8

forex hippo no sl.htm (85.87 KB) http://www.multiupload.com/11OX3HDAY1

eurusd profit factor 30 and plus trades at 85 percent.enjoy!

THOUGH on a 20 k account the absolute drawdown is 12 k and relative drawdown of 74 percent.make your bets gentlemen!

http://www.multiupload.com/EKMNK7LQCO

gbpchf,one of the fine pairs at donna does not make it beyond 24th trade with no sl technique and ends with a 24k drawdwon resulting in 99.89 percent drawdown and a margin call.

http://www.multiupload.com/GXJ80VTO8I

usdchf backtest has trade 113 as the culprit if you use no sl.it clsoes for about 10 k minus leaving us sadly with a 2 k profit on a 20 k investment after a year or two of trading swiss franc.

shall we listen to donna??

Edited by halcyonn
matter added

Well, what I do understand is that 4XPROJECT often has new robots in 1st-3rd places that, within a few weeks or months, wind up discontinued for blowing an account. Hippo is relatively new. Similarly, for example, only recently Overdrive and Reservoir Pips were both near the top of the forward tests on independent sites, and after a few major stoploss hits last week have taken STEEP plunges. I remain curious as to whether this EA is viable with a 100 pip (or other tested) stoploss.

Pessimists always try to put things what they don't understand down, don't you know it?

FX Hippo is on second place in live trading on 4xproject what is robots main testing Web Site (Switzerland, owner Zeno). Probably wrong settings when no results?

I did put it on demo this weekend, we will see, blind said.

Hermes