• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

★★★ May 14-18: Events to watch ★★★

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/rodny/GarisSinar.gif

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 07:45

http://www.fbs.com/sites/default/files/image/analysis/May2012/14_05_12/logo.jpg

Beginning from Tuesday. To learn about Monday’s events, go here.

Tuesday, May 15

• Australia: Monetary Policy Meeting Minutes. After the positive jobs report released this week, the central’s bank rate cut in June is no longer that evident, although with disappointing Chinese data (remember: main trading partner) Australian authorities may feel the need for stimulus all the same.
  • Euro zone: there’s a number of Q1 preliminary GDP releases: French (0.2% previous, 0.0% forecast), German (-0.2% previous, 0.1% forecast), Italian (-0.7% previous, -0.6% forecast). The region is expected to enter an official recession contracting by 0.2% in the first 3 months of the year (second quarter in a row), while Spain and Italy are already there. German figures are especially important: if the leading euro area’s economy disappoints, this will hit an already feeble sentiment sending US dollar and Japanese yen up versus their peers as safe havens. In addition, watch German May ZEW Economic Sentiment and follow the news about ECOFIN Meetings. Newly elected French President Francois Hollande meets German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin. According to German government, Hollande's visit is a "strong signal" regarding the determination of both countries to continue their strong relationship. Euro zone’s leaders are expected to discuss the development of the region's monetary and fiscal policy. As is known, they have contradictory views on austerity.
  • US: data for April. Economists look forward to a decline in American retail sales (both core and headline), while the CPI growth may slow down from 0.3% to 0.1%, though the core reading is seen unchanged. We will also get info on the demand for US debt: TIC Long-Term Purchases are expected to increase from 19.4B in February to 10.1B in March.

Wednesday, May 16

• Great Britain: A lot of important news for pound will be released. Claimant count in April may rise by 4.9K compared with 3.6K rise in March. The Governor of the Bank of England Mervyn King in his speech is expected to signal that interest rates will not rise from their record low until late 2013 at the earliest, as the UK's growth disappoints. Inflation report may leave the door open to the possibility of more QE, either explicitly or by forecasting that inflation will probably fall below the 2% target within 2-3 years without a change in policy. According to analysts at Citi, such a forecast could prepare the ground for the MPC to resume QE (bond purchases) in coming months if activity data and the European monetary union crisis worsen, or if the inflation worries diminish.
  • U.S.: The release of the important housing market data is scheduled on Wednesday. According to forecasts, annualized number of building permits in April may to grow by 0.73M after a 0.75M growth in March. Number of housing starts in April is expected to increase by 0.69M against 0.65M in March. Industrial production in April may grow by 0.6% after remaining unchanged in March. FOMC Meeting Minutes are not expected to give any hints on policy easing - during the last meeting in April Bernanke stated in his press conference that "all the options are on the table", but the chances seem to fade away.
  • Euro zone: The speech of ECB President Draghi will be scrutinized by the investors, aiming to forecast the euro zone’s future. Germany holds a 10-year bond auction.

Thursday, May 17

• Euro zone: Banks in France, Germany and Switzerland will be closed because of the national holidays. Spain holds a 10-year bond auction.
  • New Zealand: Producer price index in Q1 may remain unchanged after a 0.5% growth in Q4.
  • Australia: Inflation expectations data will be published.
  • Japan: Preliminary GDP growth in Q1 may reach 0.9% after a 0.2% contraction in Q4.
  • US: The number of unemployment claims fixed last week may grow by 370K vs. the previous print 367K. Later on Thursday Philly Fed Manufacturing Index will be released: in May is forecasted to grow to 10.6. Philadelphia region manufacturers' index declined more than expected in April reaching 8.5 from 12.5 in March, demonstrating the biggest drop in six months. However, most analysts believe improved consumer spending will provide further growth to the manufacturing sector.

Friday, May 18

• Great Britain: 10-year bond auction will be held.
  • Canada: Core CPI growth in April is expected to remain unchanged at 0.3%. CPI may grow by 0.3% after a 0.4% growth in March.
  • All: US President Barack Obama will host a two-day G8 Meetings at Camp David. The Group of Eight (G8) is a forum, where the eight of the world's most industrialized nations meet to discuss key topics and provide solutions for global issues. The G8 includes Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States.

http://www.fbs.com/analytics/2012-05-14/17606-may-14-18-events-watch

Work with FBS , be friends with FBS and be successful!

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd424/registerupload/awa_2010.pnghttp://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd424/registerupload/logo_en.pnghttp://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd424/registerupload/awa_2011.png

Best Mini Forex Broker 2010 - 2011

Always keep our spirit up. This time we are not lucky but who knows next time someone among us become the lucky one :)

FBS alwayr held contest regularly

true, no one knows what the future

therefore, let us keep trying, hopefully later some of us who will win the contest FBS

Yeah, with this mobile platform we can open chart anywhere we want, I can control my trading while on the way to my office.

FBS want to makes our trading become easier,

we can trading anywhere, now.

I use my Android too to control my trading.

No worried if we stay far from our computer.

nice bro, keep trying until we can be success ^^ I'm sure with a hard work everything is possible for us, especially to win all contest that FBS held for us...

I agree with you, do the best and you will get the best too from it =D I think it necessary to work very hard if we want to be a succes person in everything we do =D

exactly, no matter what the results from the contest, never give up and always try to participate on all contest that held by FBS ^^

I agree with you, don't ever miss all contests that FBS held bro =D because many advantages we can get from it too even we can't win on it...

You right,

this month FBS has held 3 contests at once. I hope this month FBS will held more contests to particiapate....

exactly, no matter what the results from the contest, never give up and always try to participate on all contest that held by FBS ^^

You right sir, we always can get something from every FBS contests...

and dont worry if we failed even many times, because failures is a process to success.

sure, FBS give us that facility, especially with the FBS education center on bandung. we could learn with all master on there

yes.. i see this is the new concept from FBS beside open the representatives office but made a education center to improving our ability as a trader. anyway, any have coming on FBS education centre

Good news, Now we have Indonesian trader in top 10 position...

№ Account Country City Equity Forum

1 269348 China DongGuan 104745.60 wen_74

2 268448 Ukraine Poltava 93730.95 bazarov

3 268515 Ukraine Krivoy Rog 87737.87 zaika vladimirovich

4 266538 Russian Federation Ulyanovsk 65946.68 romkin

5 266307 Tajikistan Hudzhand 64202.66 akilov

6 267784 Russian Federation Gatchina 61318.33 odintsov_81

7 269833 Belarus Voronovo 50732.75 chepik

8 267622 Spain Sevilla 49124.10 francisco_83

9 269127 Indonesia Banjar 47592.75 dadang_66

10 269230 Indonesia Jakarta 40037.48 agung_s_79

http://www.fbs.com/999-demo-contest/participants

EUR / USD At 1.2865

Common currency has been trading at prices not seen since mid-January 2012, fell 0.23% against the greenback after data out of Germany. Index of annual and monthly trade recorded a change in Germany respectively 0.5% and 2.4%. At 9:00 pm GMT will be announced latest EMU industrial production figures, which are predicted to fall by 1.1% (annual) and rising.

be sure to make some evaluation for our trading result. Thats the way to increase our capability.

And follow the breakeven trading for our safety :)

right, by making the evaluation, we can measure our ability every week or every month so we continue to improve our trading

Yeah, if we saw the last top ten update for this week trader from Ukraine was dominate in the top ten, but there's still enough time to change the configuration of top ten.

yup, but it seems traders Indonesia

now beginning to emerge to the surface, entering the top ten

hopefully tomorrow, tomorrow trader Indonesia could dominate the top ten