(Req) 100 Pips Daily Set ands Forget Dittmann

Karl says: "My Secret Strategy Is Unlike Anything You've Ever Seen... I will tell you all about my trading system in just a moment, but before I go any further, let me tell what it's NOT: It's not a simple "breakout" system. ..."

Looked that way to me on first skip through the pdf!!

Off for a more in depth look but seems like one of the ideas off Forex Factory!

Grateful for your generosity 'thesecret'

Freddie

Hi Guys,

Has anyone read the PDF?

The range from which we get the High and Low is constantly mentioned as the 6pm-6pm EST range (6pm yesterday to 6pm today). The chart under "The Strategy Step by step" confirms this as the bars are 2H bars.

However, the "Actual Trade sample" chart has 1H bars and the range is taken from 6pm-6AM EST and the trade entry is at 6am EST !

I doubt if this joker has ever made a single trade using any of the systems he promotes lol.

Hi Guys,

Has anyone read the PDF?

The range from which we get the High and Low is constantly mentioned as the 6pm-6pm EST range (6pm yesterday to 6pm today). The chart under "The Strategy Step by step" confirms this as the bars are 2H bars.

However, the "Actual Trade sample" chart has 1H bars and the range is taken from 6pm-6AM EST and the trade entry is at 6am EST !

I doubt if this joker has ever made a single trade using any of the systems he promotes lol.

Soundfx please upload to 4shared.com

Regards

caza

Hi Guys, Has anyone read the PDF? The range from which we get the High and Low is constantly mentioned as the 6pm-6pm EST range (6pm yesterday to 6pm today). The chart under "The Strategy Step by step" confirms this as the bars are 2H bars.

I read it Sound, it mentions that you may take any 12 hour day!! I would also confirm my earlier post vis: it is a variation of the '95 pips a day' - make 3 trades with TP at 15, 30 and 50. If all win you get 95. A later suggestion is 6 trades with 3 TP at 15, 2 at 30 and a 50.

It is all a breakout system but you can 'set and forget' as he says.

His 10 pips whenever you like (or similar expression) is more likely to win. 3rd Candle is another similar (actually exactly the same)

Freddie

Edited by Freddie

Hi Guys,

I tried out this system in demo last night for curiosity and it's worked very nicely so far !

I used High and Low for the last 24 hours. This was from 10pm GMT Sunday night to 10pm GMT Last night.

My Sell stop trades were triggered and the 15 and 35 pip ones have taken profit and the 50 pip one is still running - currently at +29 pips.

USDJPY won't move this much every day, so we can't expect trades every day, plus we can expect some losses too, though it's a promising first start.

In my opinion this system can't be profitable. You only have to look at the daily candles and you'll find tons where the entry price is reached but price didn't make the 50 pip move then. Even if it did you have to break down the daily candle to see whether or not the 25pips SL would have been hit before the TP targets are reached. Next thing is that at least after the TP 35 the SL of the remaining order should be set to break even

In my opinion this system can't be profitable. You only have to look at the daily candles and you'll find tons where the entry price is reached but price didn't make the 50 pip move then. Even if it did you have to break down the daily candle to see whether or not the 25pips SL would have been hit before the TP targets are reached. Next thing is that at least after the TP 35 the SL of the remaining order should be set to break even

I like your idea of moving the stop to BE once the second TP is hit.

I sort of did this yesterday What I did was when the 1st TP was hit I moved the SL for the remaining trades 15pips tighter the same as 1st TP When 2nd TP was hit I moved remaining SL to breakeven. Trade retraced and hit SL but then went to target so I was thinking maybe I should of just made the 1st move to tighten the SL reduce the risk and let it run to a the end either way. That was on the USDJPY the EURJPY just ran to the 3 TP's no worries

Edited by outcast

Yep, iwjw has the voice of reason ;)

This system will be susceptible to the false breakouts which are seen in all range breakout systems.

Some range breakout systems can be profitable over the long run. I guess that the only way to test this one out is to create an EA and see what happens in a backtest.

If we forward test for a couple of weeks in a generally trending market on the dailies then it could appear to be a fantastic system, but it means nothing because as soon as the ranging market comes along we'll have stops blown all over the place.

Hmmm it's like fishing throw those nets out!

This would be a system I would use if my spread was really small like 1 o 1.5pips.

then I would set the stop loss to as close to break even as possible and just see what I pull in.

If I had 1.5 spread I if stopped out I would lose 7.5 pips times 3 is 22.5 pips if all 3 were stopped out.

Meaning as long as we have movement going out way with no backing up etc we will catch some fish.

I am busy on my system but this seems like a nice one just to lay out there.

I would suggest to demo not only 7 pps over the previous high but 7 pips under the previous high so you ae breaching that area and do the same for the low 7 pps below the low and 7 pips above the low. This leaves one more trade to put wherever you want.

I would practice this using a trade manager EA that you can put a trailing stop loss after you make so many pips like 5 pips .

i happy others are demo this.

Happy pips

Patheway

• 2 weeks later...
Guest james_phuc28

Hi everybody,

I just received the EA based on this manual trading system. It was created by Funyoo, and requested by a member in his forum. That member said that he traded USDJPY manually with good success so far, and so, would like to have an EA based on it.

Remember that this EA is only the first version. Please backtest and forward-test it on demo, and report your results and findings for all of us to study more on the EA. Hope that some genius coders can join this thread and improve this EA more and more.

Here is download link of this EA: http://www.multiupload.com/F7BXAOE5DJ

This EA can also be used with Eurjpy and other pairs, but the stop loss and profit target should be optimized on other pairs. Please do your hard work.

James

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...