Zulu Trade

picassox

the glitch you are talking about is the so-called slippage, or it varies from broker to broker. as i also had quite an issue with alpari, I was checking my trades one by one, with closing time and all from zulutrade and my broker, and to tell you the truth it was really the broker that was closing them late, when i asked for refund needless to say it was denied, with the excuse of it is being 'within the acceptable market movements limits". so i switched to aaafx and problem got resolved. apparently it is an integration thing or just brokers getting some money out of the spreads and closing time.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the glitch you are talking about is the so-called slippage, or it varies from broker to broker. as i also had quite an issue with alpari, I was checking my trades one by one, with closing time and all from zulutrade and my broker, and to tell you the truth it was really the broker that was closing them late, when i asked for refund needless to say it was denied, with the excuse of it is being 'within the acceptable market movements limits". so i switched to aaafx and problem got resolved. apparently it is an integration thing or just brokers getting some money out of the spreads and closing time.

Alpari is very bad. I ( used to) get re-quotes 8 out 10 trades. I don' know how those guys stay in business. I am new to Zulu and Trying them with a small live account ( $300). I will post with results. My thinking is to skip the top 10 as they have to be reckless in order to produce those type of results. I did find a couple of good SP between the top 10-20. We all have to remember that any 20%+ profit with low draws is better than most professional money managers out there. I will post my live results on regular bases.

please do Andy, we need more live results ....people in this forum get quite sceptical ...unreasonably i'd say.

i have the same question concerning alpari....and thought they were cool and maket makers and all, turned out quite the opposite. and again i give the benefit of a doubt that for others manually trading maybe, it can be a good choice, right?...just did not suit me and my zulutrade account.

Your explanation makes sense. I had an account with AAAfx for a year, then, the account was closed due to CFTC regulations for US residents. But, I never tried it with Zulu.

Do you know if Zulu works well with FinFx? If so, I am willing to give Zulu another try.

Hi hj35. As mentioned above, my trades would remain open "after" the signal provider had closed them for everyone else, resulting in losing trades that were originally winners. I was just a regular customer, not a signal provider. If you are not having problems with them, then maybe Zulu fixed the problem. My last experience with Zulu was over 2 years ago. A lot can happen in that amount of time to fix a problem.

Sneed what was your technical problem with zulutrade ? I'm curious to know because i havent experienced any technical issues so far with them. Were you a signal provider there?
Edited by Sneed

I agree. The Zulu project is much more user friendly and economical than paying a professional money manager. It keeps you in control of your account. You can pull out at any time. ;) As long as all the other technical issues have been resolved....

We all have to remember that any 20%+ profit with low draws is better than most professional money managers out there.

Your explanation makes sense. I had an account with AAAfx for a year, then, the account was closed due to CFTC regulations for US residents. But, I never tried it with Zulu.

Do you know if Zulu works well with FinFx? If so, I am willing to give Zulu another try.

I am sorry, didnt quite get your posts, you saying you had an account with aaafx and not with zulutrade? so how did you try zultrade as you are expressing some opinionated comments....if your trades remained opened, after your SP closes them you can always ask for a refund or investigation for the difference either from your broker or from zulutrade - either way this amounts should be granted. Two years is a long time, my friend, technology has involved rapidly. hadly is seen any issues like this anymore....actually i have never experienced it to tell you the truth, but have read.

FinFx...should be an OK choice, i think they also suppost alpari US....have not bumped into any complains about them, but again make sure they accept us clients ;)

Hi hj35. As mentioned above, my trades would remain open "after" the signal provider had closed them for everyone else, resulting in losing trades that were originally winners. I was just a regular customer, not a signal provider. If you are not having problems with them, then maybe Zulu fixed the problem. My last eaperience with Zulu was over 2 years ago. A lot can happen in that amount of time to fix a problem.

I haven experienced nothing like this that you describe. Every time a trader closed his trades mine were closed too. Maybe it was something temporary or i dont know.

They were 2 seperate statements, not combined.

#1. I had an account with Zulutrade, with the brokers mentioned in my original posts a few months ago.

#2. Then, after closing my account with Zulu, I received an offer to trade with AAAfx, with my regular manual trading and EAs. Following that, AAAfx changed their mind and decided to close US accounts (after initially deciding to ignore the CFTC regulations).

Regarding the investigations, as I already tried to explain, Zulu trade would not offer a refund because they claimed the problem was with my brokers. And my brokers would not offer a refund because they claim that the Zulu signal was never received from Zulu (or that the Zulu signal was an "invalid" order). This was the reason I gave up on filing complaints all the time, and simply closed the Zulu account.

I'm sorry if my previous posts were not clear on this. I re-read them and they all seem to pretty much say the same thing... There are no "trick questions" here or "secret messages". My experience was a few years ago, and maybe things have changed. But, the disappointing events are pretty straight forward. And, I already have stated that I will give them a try again, based on indications that the many complaints they received have been acted upon. Because, for sure, there were many "other" customers of theirs who had the same problem, according to their own technical support people.

I am sorry, didnt quite get your posts, you saying you had an account with aaafx and not with zulutrade? so how did you try zultrade as you are expressing some opinionated comments....if your trades remained opened, after your SP closes them you can always ask for a refund or investigation for the difference either from your broker or from zulutrade - either way this amounts should be granted.

Thanks sneed, for the clear post.

Well whatever issues there were previously, the service is improving, which means that every client issue is taken into deep consideration and acted upon. Btw, dunno if your eyes got the rule (introduced last Nov) that protected followers' capital from large dd (not more than 700 pips per trade) which made lots of traders very unhappy but followers quite the opposite - and I get to see the results now - traders are becoming more interractive and more caoutious in their trading. anyhow this is just one example.

as for the US based clients...as far as my knowledge goes - its was the NFA and CFTC that introduced the low leverage strict acceptance - so no can do when regulatory bodies got involved and as you know Europe tends to follow slower.

Yes, I agree, Zulu seems to be making an effort to be more user friendly. Many signal providers are planning to slow down (or stop) trading during the end of November and most of December. So, I will probably try re-establishing a trade account with them after the first week of January. That will give me a chance to close down some platforms that I am currently using and put some money towards a Zulu account.....

LiteForex, FXDD Malta, Forex.com, Oanda, MBT, Ava, TradersWay, Alpari, IBFX, and a few others. They seem to be overloading my VPS so I may close a few. I'll give an update when I renew my Zulu account experiment...

whatever you wish sneed,

glad to actually shed some light on the topic. if you feel like giving it another chance, sure you should go ahead and do it.

just out of curiousity, which other platforms are you using?

LiteForex, FXDD Malta, Forex.com, Oanda, MBT, Ava, TradersWay, Alpari, IBFX, and a few others. They seem to be overloading my VPS so I may close a few. I'll give an update when I renew my Zulu account experiment...

Why so many platforms sneed? Share your zulutrade account name when you are ready.

I am mostly testing different EAs with different brokers. So, I compare different performance with the same EAs. For example, LiteForex works well with some EAs that require 4 digits, but, not well with EAs that require EU spreads less than 3. For example, Forex Striker does not seem to trade at all on LiteForex, becasue Striker requires a spread less than 3 to work. etc..

I am mostly testing different EAs with different brokers. So, I compare different performance with the same EAs. For example, LiteForex works well with some EAs that require 4 digits, but, not well with EAs that require EU spreads less than 3. For example, Forex Striker does not seem to trade at all on LiteForex, becasue Striker requires a spread less than 3 to work. etc..

I see, for zulutrade the most recommended broker is aaafx , most users use it because it has the best integration with the zulu system.

I agree, that is why I stopped mentioning them in my posts. They said they would re-open my account if I form an overseas company, and then register the company with them. But, that also requires opening up a foreign bank account. For now, it is not worth the trouble. Maybe some day, if I trade 5 lots at a time, then maybe I will consider it....

unless you provide an non-US proof of residence, doubtful they'll bent regulations.....

i think you also get a better leverage with an overseas residence.....but this is usually more beneficial for smaller accounts volume...

you know what better suits your trading needs and requirements ;)

you should be having an account with alpari US, hows their performance? ..just asking out of curiousity...

Edited by bobyfx
adding comment