Forex Maximizer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably useless to discuss it too much based on the short video shown until we get our hands on it, but so far I see some worrisome points. If you place the Dynamic Channel indicator over a M15 chart for ex. you will see that if you sell at high Gold and buy at low Gold channel there are a lot of fakeouts. This is they typical issue with channel trading where the market keeps running and running and not turning where the channel line is. Hopefully the win/loss ratio is high but with a 500 pip SL (as posted on the blog) this in itself will present a problem. How many winners does it need to make up for a 500 pip hit?

Cheers

The trades executed by the EA in the video are not based on the Dynamic Channel indicator. Instead, they are trend-following trades. The Dynamic Channel indicator signals are just like most off-the-mill counter-trend signals. Using them alone, or with the Stochastics as advocated by the seller, will get the account downhill.

The trades executed by the EA in the video are not based on the Dynamic Channel indicator. Instead, they are trend-following trades. The Dynamic Channel indicator signals are just like most off-the-mill counter-trend signals. Using them alone, or with the Stochastics as advocated by the seller, will get the account downhill.

Hi Clovelly,

Just so I understand your comments about the video. You are saying that the EA in the video is not the same as the concept explained in his PDF report right? Maybe one should not associate the Dynamic Channel indi with the new EA but I was under the impression they are the same.. that the developer automated his depicted dynamic channel concept.

Cheers

Just a quick update. The vendor released this report about the Maximizer EA which will be released today. Very sketchy performance report with the entry prices missing and only winners. Hmm.. very fishy.

The word in the russian forums is that this is a clone of Funyoo XBars MA Scalper just like FXZapper and Zone99 EAs as stated by the early beta testers. Nothing to do with his Dynamic Channel Indicator. Remains to be confirmed when the EA comes out.

EA report: http://www.4shared.com/file/4saPMDzv/about.html

Cheers

Here it is for the group to enjoy! Both regular and advanced versions are included. The regular version trades GBPUSD H1 and the advanced GBPJPY H1. Both show good peformance on backtest but I sense some optimization in there. Please back/forward test and post your results.

http://slil.ru/29115422

pwd: moscow

Cheers

If the EA is put together with the same care and attention as the "The Dynamic Price Channel Indicator User Guide" then it's got a high probability of being as useless as most EAs lol.

Apart from some discretionary interpretations of where the Stochs actually cross in the examples, the Dynamic Price channel guide shows in example 2 that "both targets are achieved quickly" - the only problem as we can see from the spikes on candles in example 1 (same chart) is that the stop loss line gives the impression that price would have just missed it, however that stop would have definitely been blown :-O

Hi Clovelly,

Just so I understand your comments about the video. You are saying that the EA in the video is not the same as the concept explained in his PDF report right? Maybe one should not associate the Dynamic Channel indi with the new EA but I was under the impression they are the same.. that the developer automated his depicted dynamic channel concept.

Cheers

Yes, that's what I meant :). The EA in the video has nothing to do with the Dynamic Channel. I suspect he "gave away" the indi (not a great one btw) as a lure to catch new buyers for the EA, which is now available.

Calls to DLL files always are a worry to me. Does anyone know of a DLL decompiler so we can see what is "under the bonnet". My concern is whether the EA has been optimised to fool any backtests as we have seen so many times before.

I ran the backtest for a whole year without the DLL, and the result is EXACTLY the same as when it was run with the DLL. You may want to comment off the DLL calls to make it faster. Beware that the EA has been optimised for 2009, backtesting over the period before 2009 shows that it is a dud.