Fish Forex Robot

This EA seems to be almost extreme martingale. If one order hits tp then alright, but if it hits sl it opens another order 5x the original. While in theory it might always hit tp on 2nd order, how much drawdonwn can you handle? Eventually one unfortunate event will wipe your account clean.

• 1 month later...
Basically trades same time every day ( anyone know what newyorkshift is supposed to be set too?). Buy and sell order, then if losing an order 5 times the size so sort or martingale but you can optimise and set s/l for buy & sell. What for risk tho could wipe out otherwise if it does stop.

• 4 weeks later...

As usual, the marketer is trying to hard sell. Read, below is the new tactics

In the next day or so, those individuals that purchased Fish Forex and have not requested a refund will receive your upgrade of Fish Forex Robot, Version 1.51 via email. I have confirmed this with the developer.

Here is what is new as stated from the developer.

1. We added the possibility to manage the size of not only the Initial order but also the Adjustment order. Now you can almost completely control the work of the robot. Though remember that very low size of Adjustment order will inevitably lead to the fall of its performance, but a very high lot size may cause a Margin Call. We lowed down the ratio up to 3 by default

Now in the setting you can set:

Lot1Size - the absolute size of Initial order.

LotRatio - Here you can set the ratio of Initial and Adjustment orders. With the setting of 1 - the volume of Adjustment order will be equivalent with the volume of Initial order. With the setting of 5 - the volume of Adjustment order will be 5x than the volume of Initial order.

SL2BUY - Stop Loss of Adjustment Buy order

SL2SELL - Stop Loss of Adjustment Sell order

Magic - the unique number of the robot

Additional details about this version will be provided in your email notice from Fish Forex Robot Help Desk or from Rita herself.

• 4 weeks later...

goes along ok. then totally crashes the account. just a matter of when it will lose about 60 times its normal take profit. i didnt save the results sorry. was so pissed at it. but if u want to roll the roulette wheel this is a good EA.

like a rotten bridge, it seems safe until you go straight through it one day and everything comes crashing down on top of you.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Stormin, I agree.

Tested the Fish on Demo, made backtests and everything was fine.

Went live with recommended lot-size and balance.

The second day it hit SL and opened the "recovery-trade" with 5x lot-size, but price went against it.

Near margin call !!!

Those who like to play roulette will love this Fish-EA, others who need to earn money with Forex won´t use it on their live-account.

Yes, it did very well for me for a couple of months on my live account, then it lost all the the money it made in just 2 weeks. :((

Guys I test the old version on demo account for 3 months and still winning! It is good one but the latest version v1.15 I can get nowhere!

Hermes

I was using 1.47. The EA seemed to work OK, it's just that the market this past 2 weeks messed up the system with Zig-zag movements triggering several stop losses in a single day. My understanding was that the newer updates used the same system, but simply provided more options in terms of lot size etc., for people who want to customize the trades more. But, I didn't want more options, because I was concerned that I would probably just mess up the system. So, I was happy to just use the default settings in the old version, because it worked almost perfect. But, if you find that the newer versions actually have reduced the draw down then I would definitely give it a try again. 1.47 even took some more losses today. :-?

Sneed, what version are you speaking about? 1.47 or 1.51? The old has a few bugs but fixed on the 1.51. At least they say. The developer is Rita Lasker from Israel. They made also FX Informer96, signal provider, but nothing special.

Hermes

• 2 weeks later...