MAXIS TRADE STRATEGY

ITS REALLY VERY SIMPLE.....

IF YOU SEE AN EXTRAORDINARILY LONG CANDLESTICK* TRADE AGAINST IT ......

I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR OVER A YEAR AND I CAN TELL YOU, THE WIN RATES ARE VERY HIGH, IF TRADED CORRECTLY YOU WILL NEVER MAKE A LOSS.

THEORY: IF THE MARKET GOES TOO FAR TOO FAST IN ONE DIRECTION IN A VERY SHORT WHILE ITS BOUND TO RETRACE. SO WE WILL BE TRADING THE RETRACEMENT.

ITS NOT MY MAIN TRADING SYSTEM, I JUST USE IT TO COMPLEMENT MY TRADING SYSTEM.

PLS MAKE SURE ITS A REALLY EXTRAORDINARILY LONG CANDLESTICK* BEFORE YOU TRADE, IF IT DOESN'T PASS THAT TEST YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.

TIMEFRAME USED

4HR ...I believe anything higher should give a similar or better result

HOW TO SPOT EXTRAORDINARILY LONG CANDLESTICKS*

LOOK AT THE CANDLESTICKS ON THE CHART FOR THAT PARTICULAR TIMEFRAME AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SPOT THE EXTRAORDINARILY LONG ONES .... IT VARIES FROM PAIR TO PAIR SO I CAN'T GIVE YOU A FORMULAR FOR THAT.

ILLUSTRATION:

IF YOU SEE AN EXCEPTIONALLY LONG CANDLESTICK* GOING LONG, WAIT FOR ITS CLOSE AND SELL FOR SOME PIPS(PLACE YOUR TAKEPROFIT BTW 30% TO 70% OF THE LONG CANDLESTICK)

IF YOU SEE AN EXCEPTIONALLY LONG CANDLESTICK* GOING SHORT, WAIT FOR ITS CLOSE AND BUY FOR SOME PIPS(PLACE YOUR TAKEPROFIT BTW 30% TO 70% OF THE LONG CANDLESTICK)

DOCUMENTING THIS WON'T BE AN EASY TASK BUT I WILL TRY TO SEE IF I CAN ASAP.

*WHEN WE TALK ABOUT LONG CANDLESTICKS WE DEAL WITH ONLY OPENS AND CLOSES AND NOT HIGHS AND LOWS.

One obvious truth.FOREX IS ANYTHING BUT EASY

• 2 weeks later...
Your system could be right to some extent but haven't you taken into consideration that we could have an "Extra-ordinary long candle making the beginning of a new trend ? so the candle will mean a breakout. i don't think i'm confortable with the system. It could mean trading against the trend. but I also believe it might be a good resource to a counter-trend trader.

yes, really need some documentation - win ratio or just some live examples... or define "EXTRAORDINARILY LONG CANDLESTICKS"

almost every NFP give us these, SNB intervention etc

but live example will be great

Am trying to work on a formular based on daily range so I can use to classify an extreme candlestick. That way it could be coded to make an indicator with alert....

Your system could be right to some extent but haven't you taken into consideration that we could have an "Extra-ordinary long candle making the beginning of a new trend ? so the candle will mean a breakout. i don't think i'm confortable with the system. It could mean trading against the trend. but I also believe it might be a good resource to a counter-trend trader.

U r right to some extent, but i hardly had such times when the market didn't go in my favour for at least 20pips n if you ask me, thats something...

Hi osaze,

It's a good "mini system" I agree and have used it myself on occasion. Normally it's best to wait for a sign that the reversal is going to happen before diving in and placing a trade, as there are occasions where extraordinarily long candles are followed by candles of a similar length in the same direction.

I think that William would like to hear of your method in his thread on naked trading:

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/5799-Price-Action-101-(naked-trading-w.-no-indi-no-pattern-no-robot)

Which pairs did you found this system very profitabel ? (e.q EUR/USD; GBP/USD, EUR/JPY; etc). & which Broker did you use ? Thanks.

I trade this practically on all pairs with a spread below 10. I use Instaforex and Fxpro too. Am still backtesting the formular based on daily pip range as am not sure I got it correctly.

Putting market volatility as a factor could also help increase trades taken, am also backtesting that.

Because of the nature of this technique, this style of trading has very few signals.