FOREX MUTLTIVERS

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have done quite some backtests over the last 2 days with this Forex Multivers. The results are really bad.

I know that there is nothing wrong with my setup. I do the backtests on Alpari. With the correct spread (not the weekend spread). My data is OK (on 13303 bars I only have 112 mismatched errors). Backtests that I do with other systems are fine and show the nescessary profits.

The chart you see is a backtest over 2010 on the eurusd. All other pairs show similar results.

The people who sell the Multivers show Live results that are great. And I know their results are correct and not scammed because I checked the ticket numbers of their results with my life Alpari account.

On all the forums, people who trade this EA are pleased with their forward demo or live results.

So how comes that the backtest don't show anything close to the live results that most people have?

Is there anybody of you who did backtests that showed good results ?

TNX in advance.

Friendly regards... FXiGoR

http://i51.tinypic.com/2u5fink.gif

Edited by FXiGoR

I think so too. I've been demoing the educated EA shared here, but the results are really bad !

Hi Danny,

You say demoing....does that mean that you run backtests or traded the EA in a forward test on a demo account ?...If you mean the last then you can not say that the results are bad because the educated EA is shared here only 1 week ago....

Hi FXiGoR, perhaps you talk about exact version of the ea. I have it months ago... and it is in recycle...

Hi Musketeer,

The way I mean it is the way I explain it 5 postings higher. On LIVE accounts the multivers shows good results http://www.mt4i.com/users/multivers-bfr (I checked the order tickets and those results are correct and not scammed).

But if I run a BACKTEST with the educated version that is shared here on whatever pair, then the results are really bad.

So I wonder how that is possible (live results very good but backtest very bad) and are there some people here who managed to run some backtests that show good results ?

Edited by FXiGoR

Friends,

I have download the last version and installed on 2 fresh Alpari platforms and a fresh GoMarkets platform.

EA crashes all 3 platforms consistently.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks.

I have installed the V3 version on an alpari platform and a broco platform and none of them is crashing. So the problem might be at your end.

But as I said already in previous postings backtests are not good on alpari and on broco it does not backtest at all whatever that I try to do.

I'm going to forward test it on alpari for the next 2-3 days and compare my results with the results that they have. This should very quickly show if this educated v.3 version is correctly educated.

Friendly regards...iGoR

Hi iGor,

You mentioned on 9/25 that you were getting bad backtesting results. One problem with backtesting during the weekend is that your results will be a function of your platform's spread at Friday's close, e.g., on my platform the EURUSD might be 1.2 to 1.8 all week long, but just before Friday's close it typically widens to 9 or so. So for me, any backtesting I do on Saturday or Sunday before the market reopens will yield false results. Better to wait until live data resumes and the spreads return to normal before doing your testing -- your results will start to look like the developer's then.

Edited by pfgroup

Hi iGor,

You mentioned on 9/25 that you were getting bad backtesting results. One problem with backtesting during the weekend is that your results will be a function of your platform's spread at Friday's close, e.g., on my platform the EURUSD might be 1.2 to 1.8 all week long, but just before Friday's close it typically widens to 9 or so. So for me, any backtesting I do on Saturday or Sunday before the market reopens will yield false results. Better to wait until live data resumes and the spreads return to normal before doing your testing -- your results will start to look like the developer's then.

Hi Pfgroup,

Nice that you explain this but if you carefully read that posting then I say that I did not test with weekend spread. All backtests that I did on alpari were with normal spread during the week.

But did you manage to come up with backtests that show the same results as the devellopers have ?...

I have installed the V3 version on an alpari platform and a broco platform and none of them is crashing. So the problem might be at your end.

But as I said already in previous postings backtests are not good on alpari and on broco it does not backtest at all whatever that I try to do.

I'm going to forward test it on alpari for the next 2-3 days and compare my results with the results that they have. This should very quickly show if this educated v.3 version is correctly educated.

Friendly regards...iGoR

I know the problem is on my end, I'm asking if anyone has some idea why, maybe it's a Windows thing..

I know the problem is on my end, I'm asking if anyone has some idea why, maybe it's a Windows thing..

It is diffucult from this distance to say what could bewrong at your end.

But in many cases this should help your problem. Go to start --> programs --> the folder of the platform that crashes --> click on the uninstall button --> choose for uninstall (not repair) --> then go to program files and deleet manually the folder of that platform that is still there --> then re-install the platform --> then place ONLY that EA in the expert folder and DLL in libraries ( do not place other EA's and indicators back in that platform).

That should do the trick.

Regards...FXiGoR

Edited by FXiGoR

Warning !

WARNING !

The educated version you can download here in this topic is not working correctly. DO NOT place it on a live account because you are going to loos serious money with it.

Just place it a couple of days on an alpari demo account and compare your trades with this demo account of one of the afiliates who promote this EA (also on an alpari demo account) and you are going to see that the educated version is way over-trading.

http://www.mt4i.com/users/multivers-bfr

(the educated v.3 version will make some nice profits also but it is not doing what it should do--generating way to many trades)

So maybe someone of the "educators" can have again a look to this EA and see if there is something wrong in the education process ?

Friendly regards....FXiGoR

http://i52.tinypic.com/2ynjbqx.jpg

Hi FXiGoR, perhaps you talk about exact version of the ea. I have it months ago... and it is in recycle...

Hi Musketeer,

I got your PM but I am not allowed to PM you back because I have not enough postings.

But I am indeed the person you think I am.

Take care.

friendly regards...iGoR

Really interested in this EA as well. I don't mind buying EA's but then i really want to have the mq4 version to be able to config all settings/add extra stuff.

Perhaps a skilled coder (dinji? :) ) can take a look at what went wrong in this particular education?