Metatrader Connection Speed

radicaltour

logic tells us that a client with 1ms ping speed to a metatrader server is much faster than another client with 75ms. However, I've been testing this theory out for the past few weeks and I've NOT seen any difference whatsover between the fast and slow speed. I have a machine at home with 75ms ping speed to the JadeFX server and another machine with 1ms speed, they both use the same exact EAs and configurations/settings. Yet, every trade is identical.

So my question to those who may have the answer is: Does the speed to the mt4 server matters under 100ms? Or is there no advantages at all for having a faster ping speed?

Thank you and I appologize if this topic has been touched on before.

Re: Metatrader Connection Speed

logic tells us that a client with 1ms ping speed to a metatrader server is much faster than another client with 75ms. However, I've been testing this theory out for the past few weeks and I've NOT seen any difference whatsover between the fast and slow speed. I have a machine at home with 75ms ping speed to the JadeFX server and another machine with 1ms speed, they both use the same exact EAs and configurations/settings. Yet, every trade is identical.

So my question to those who may have the answer is: Does the speed to the mt4 server matters under 100ms? Or is there no advantages at all for having a faster ping speed?

Thank you and I appologize if this topic has been touched on before.

I think it depends on what kind of EAs you are using. If you are using scalping EAs, fast connection to your broker server can be make or break especially for those EAs which don't set fixed TP on opened positions but rather close out the position once a pre-defined number of pips are made.

For example, that's say the price has moved 3 pips in favor of your trade, and EA intends to close it, if your connection is slow, instead of netting 3 pips, you might end up with nothing or even minor losses if market moves very fast.