caliberfxpro

yaron222

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: caliberfxpro

These Ea's needs to be educated. Back tests are weird. It is suppose to have a 90 day 'use and then shut off'. Looking at the code, I didn't see any time shut off but I am not a coder. It may be in there. Good idea to have an real expert look at the code.

• 1 month later...
Where can I get the OsMA indicator?

Osma is part of all mt4 custom indicators and you don't need to install it or bring it to use with caliber.it will do that all by itself.

also zigzag,you don't ahve to place it on chart but it needs to be part of your indicators folder i believe.

positions in this account with 4 figure losses on gbpaud and usdcad ,first five on top in open have nothing to do with this ea's demo trading.

|t's in the instruction manual that Pairs to trade are EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDJPY only. Ur statement is not comprehensive enough, gud effort though.

Guest james_phuc28

Hi everybody,

I would like to share my experience of live-testing this EA as follows:

1. It works best on Eurusd (profit - loss = profit).

I use Stop loss = 25, Take profit 150, trailing stop = 30, breakeven = 25, buffer = 10.

Also, I don't use Money Management because we can not know which trade this EA will lose. So, set MM = False, and use fixed lot size.

2. This EA does not work well on Gbpusd and Usdjpy.

3. One more important thing: If we can predict which day is a strong trend day (by looking at economic calendar on forexfactory to see which days will have a lot of important news for EURO and USD), then, just put this CaliberFX Pro on Eurusd, 1H, and it will make much money for us. Please avoid the sideway days (those days that have very few economic news related to EURO and USD).

Regards,

James

Kudos to james_phuc28 for going the extra mile with CaliberFxPro. Those looking for shortcuts by jumping into back-tests will only get disappointed. The logic is quite sound, but the only thing that is certain in the market is uncertainty.

To appreciate the Robot, first decompile and read through along side the manual, make all possible observation and u'll understand what james_phuc28 did.

IMHO, i think caliberfxpro is worth working on, cos if such a concept with sound money management and capital preservation does not make money, then i wonder what EA so far will.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, be very carefull with 4xproject backtests, this one being one example.

They are reliable, but I don't know why but they post their backtests in pips. This is a robot that sometimes closes half trade in loss and lets the other half run in profit, (AI forex is another of those). In their backtestes, they have a high pips profit, but most of those pips come from the half trades. If you click on their statments, you can see the real profit, which some of those backtests are a bit bad.

What I don't understand is, if this robot is capable of providing good pips graphic but mediocre profits level, (the same with AI forex), why don't they just let the trades going instead of splitting them. If they can get good pips graphic, it should as same easily producing good profits graphics, as it could be proportional.

The same applies for martingale backtests there. Backtest graphics in money is much better than in pips, as sometimes there is one big size trade with few pips that wins the same as several smaller-size-trades losses.

• 1 month later...
My experience with this EA has been interesting. Very good results at first (doubled my demo in about a month) but then has lost most of the profits since (note...I also let it run on Fridays where it took some big hits). I have also made about $1000 on a live account (selective times, not Fridays, off during news) so I think that it has potential. The best part is the high TP to SL ratio (I believe it is 250 TP, 20 SL, TP being dynamic). The biggest problem I see is when it hits SL, it tends to open another position in the same direction, up to 4 consecutive times be for it decides to sit back an watch the market for a while. I don't see any settings that can solve this problem. This happens especially on E/U, but I have also had it happen on G/U. Can someone code a time gap after a losing trade so that this does not happen? Also, a trailing stop might help here too. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I do think this EA has potential.

My experience with this EA has been interesting. Very good results at first (doubled my demo in about a month) but then has lost most of the profits since (note...I also let it run on Fridays where it took some big hits). I have also made about $1000 on a live account (selective times, not Fridays, off during news) so I think that it has potential. The best part is the high TP to SL ratio (I believe it is 250 TP, 20 SL, TP being dynamic). The biggest problem I see is when it hits SL, it tends to open another position in the same direction, up to 4 consecutive times be for it decides to sit back an watch the market for a while. I don't see any settings that can solve this problem. This happens especially on E/U, but I have also had it happen on G/U. Can someone code a time gap after a losing trade so that this does not happen? Also, a trailing stop might help here too. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I do think this EA has potential.

Hi RVB

I've been with this one live also and I have mix results, but aggree with you about opening bad trade after bad trade.

This is not big help but:

------------------------------------------------

http://www.multiupload.com/4ULC1A8JZR

------------------------------------------------

I gave a shot on the EURUSD expert, and added delay after closing an order, in seconds.

It should work but don't bother backtesting it.

I did it for hours trying different coding until I decided to google about it and finding out that when you backtest, the platform ignores all the delays or pauses in the EA, so if you want to test it, you gotta do it in forward test.

Now that I think about it, it makes sense, or it would take forever to do a backtest.

The variable added is SleepAfterClose and it's in seconds.

Good luck...