What is the Best VPS server to run your EA

Can you ping from swvps to MBT server and let us know what is the ping time ?

its IP is - metatrader01.mbtrading.com

Hi dovgr,

I guess no one could do that for you. :)

well, here it is ==>

Reply from 216.52.236.97: bytes=32 time=124ms TTL=108

Reply from 216.52.236.97: bytes=32 time=117ms TTL=108

Reply from 216.52.236.97: bytes=32 time=129ms TTL=108

Reply from 216.52.236.97: bytes=32 time=116ms TTL=108

Minimum = 116ms, Maximum = 129ms, Average = 121ms

and let me ask you one question, please. why do you want to ping metatrader01.mbtrading.com ??

Please let me know whenever you can,

Best wishes,

SF

a New Year 2011 has come, and the challenge has just started 8-)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am using SERVEBYTE, with the package windows VPS 256mb RAM (monthly usd14.99). currently running 6 metatrader platform with no problem->no reboot, no halt, just ok (since 14/9/2010).

Are you sure that it only has 256mb of RAM, mine has 500mb of Ram and can only manage 3 mt4 platforms.

• 4 weeks later...
MY VPS at SWVPS has been down since morning.... send them a couple of tickets with no reply up until now. I'm very upset about their lack of professionalism. Call them many times but picked up by answering machine. I hate THAT!

Can someone recommend a good and reliable VPS service?

I'm a longtime customer of CNS, using their VPS in London. Ping time to my broker Alpari UK is 1ms. That's hard to beat and makes my scalpers working very well.

Excellent service, zero downtime during trading hours since more than a year..

https://cp.commercialnetworkservices.net/aff.php?aff=623

(yes, its my affiliate link, bc they convinced me by performance!)

I'm a longtime customer of CNS, using their VPS in London. Ping time to my broker Alpari UK is 1ms. That's hard to beat and makes my scalpers working very well.

Excellent service, zero downtime during trading hours since more than a year..

https://cp.commercialnetworkservices.net/aff.php?aff=623

(yes, its my affiliate link, bc they convinced me by performance!)

thanks for the tip but I saw posts above that new tech called hyper-V looks very good. I just checked bbvps and it looks good but their location in Nevada and I don't know their latency to my East Coast Broker.

Don't know if it helps. I've just got a dedicated PC to run virtual machines on that I use. Have a small UPS, the ADSL2+ modem I have can have a USB wireless modem connected to it as a fail safe.

I'm just using an Intel i5 32mn Dual Core not as power as the quadcore version I know, but does use less power as the system doesn't sit on that much load.

Just have 8GB corsair RAM. Using VMWare 7.1 on Windows 7 64 but ESX would be better.

Can run 4 virtual machines sufficiently with 800mb to 1GB RAM for each one.

Overall uses 95watts max on load. Currently using 5.8gb total and between 30 - 60% CPU Load.

I don't think I'd bother with a VPS.

Have a VPN setup, but mainly use TeamViewer it's free and even has an online login through a webpage so don't even need to install it to log back in.

• 1 month later...
Guest strmec
SWVPS London server is best buy. $22.5. Now I running 7 MT4 platforms with dozens EA, RAM bellow 50% CPU 1-5%. No crushing, no downtime. Edited by strmec

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Best VPS?

Stay away from razorvps.com. Two outtages in one week. Difficult to cancel service. You get what you pay for. I got confused them with razorservers.com, which I am now very happy with. $30 for 1 gb ram Windows 2008.

Edit: Now razorservers.com VPS is migrating to a new location. Outage was extensive. Customer service has been poor.

Guess I have nothng to recommend.

Question for you guys, What is the best VPS for HotForex? Must it be nearby, like in South Africa?

The best VPS is CNS. Excellent customer service. Live chat is always available. You may chose your location. Mine is in UK for HotForex data center in Amsterdam. Ping rate is 8 ms !

Edited by swordfish
update

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am using this VPS for my IBFX(AU)-account:

tinyurl com/VPS-EastCoast

About 12 ms latency to their server.

I am very satisfied and haven been customer there for over a year. Responsive customer-service, hardly any down-time, very good value for your money. But you have to set the VPS up (activate RDP, disable Automatic Windows Updates) yourself, it is no special Forex-service-VPS.

For UK brokers I am using their UK-branch:

tinyurl com/VPS-UK

Happy trading!

Fred

Edited by FredForex

• 1 month later...