Elite Currency Trader EA

Re: Elite Currency Trader EA

I'm willing to begin testing on a live account. But not until I can reduce the lot size below $1 a pip. If no-one has a manual to share the information I was asking for above, I will go ahead and change the code and test but it will take some time before I feel comfortable sharing. A programmer who does not understand what he is changing should not be changing anything. <):)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is someone actually using this EA on a LIVE account? :?: I believe adsanders had some winnig trades and a very long hanging trade...

Has anyone got a clue on this EA? Any thoughts?

Cheers

T

I had a quick look at the code - those hanging trades will kill you (just like the FRWC HiRider).

There's an error in the code which means that specified SL's will not always be applied. I corrected the code so they are applied correctly and then ran some backtests - it's not pretty!

I suggest you give this one a miss.

I had a quick look at the code - those hanging trades will kill you (just like the FRWC HiRider).

There's an error in the code which means that specified SL's will not always be applied. I corrected the code so they are applied correctly and then ran some backtests - it's not pretty!

I suggest you give this one a miss.

A miss ? and the test at FPA is so promising tho

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/metatrader_expert_advisor/elite_currency_trader/demo

Do some backtesting. Everything looks good for a few months - then you get some massive drawdowns from hanging trades that go bad (those lovely trades with no SL's!).

HiRider is suffering similar probelms now. The backtests showed 2-3 massive drawdowns over the last 6 months but the accumulated profits made it sustainable (and still profitable). However, in the few weeks since it's gone live those bad-trade situations have already occurred a couple of times. It may just be current market conditions but a few people have been hurt badly by it.

Incidentally it's interesting to note that the FRWC's live statements show these bad trades as being 'cancelled', or missing altogether, - how convenient :)

I commented out the code that overrides Lot size and went to forexsh@ring to upload it but their account has been suspended. :berbusa:

Anyone else know a good (anonymous) file sharing site?

Ussel: if you have fixed the SL code, then perhaps you can merge that fix with mine once it's uploaded. I ran a backtest and even with the default SL 0, I see that it stopped out one trade at -61 pips. I don't have time to do longer backtests backtest today.

Well I think the :P made it obvious that I was joking :)

And what would make me different would be the fact that I would do research to produce a reasonable system that isn't based on some variant of scalping. Seriously, I think its impossible that you can't make decent EAs yet we're seeing a whole lot of questionable EAs. Its like no one is willing to put in the effort to produce a good product.

Most EAs seem to be implementations of simple ideas, instead of well thought out systems. Its not that I'm shocked at the scams, I'm shocked that as far as I can tell, nobody in the market has developed a truly respectable EA, when there's so obviously a decent market for it. Maybe I should go banging at the doors of a few VCs :P

I have an EA with at least decent backtests - that should give me some credibility to ask for funding to make a better system, at least. LOL.

completely out of the context but: what are VC's?

VCs are Venture Capitalists. They will lend you money to get a project working. Then you have to pay them back. Lots of money.

Here is the MQ4 and EX4 file. You will see that I commented out the Lot size override. I have backward and forward tested and am now able to adjust the lot size. If you read the thread, you will see that I commented out a function that includes something called ABRidge. I do not know what this does. So please test.

This URL is only good for 10 downloads so if you download it, please upload it to another location and share that with everyone......

hxxp://[email protected]/files/359495702/ECT.rar.html

ECT hasn't opened a single trade on my demo accounts over the past week. It did initiate a trailing stop for a trade that Fusion (LMD) opened, however. :o

Money management in this thing is crazy. It takes your account equity divides it by account leverage times that ABridge value, floors the result and then divides by ten. This, then, is the lot size it wants to open which is probably way more than you would ever intend. Stay away from MM on this and set a specific lot size.

Code definitely needs improvement.

I am just wondering how can someone dare putting such EA for sale? X-( Surely, this is a scam and bomb waiting to explode... Come on!

How can they just put few months Backdata test lol hahaha Morons - thieves - Crooks!

Anway, sorry my words - I am fed up with junk EAs wasting my time and stealing money! :hammer:

T

Its good when its good, but it is a high risk account - even with stop loss, the formula the EA uses seems to trade badly when exposed to a stop loss. So much so, that it just loses money over time, rather than at at once...

If you do intend on using this EA, withdraw from your account often!!