New coding and programming subforum section

scarface

Dear Traders.

Good day,

I hope everyone is doing fine and hunting green pips.

O.K, as you can see from the topic of this thread "New coding and programming subforum section" that we have added to the forum recently. And the main purpose of that is to increase education about MQL language and give the chance to everybody to ask any question regarding coding or understanding some functions or main commands ...etc

Other purpose is clearly to encourage everyone here to learn this language, which seems impossible for some people. Also, to motivate programmers and coders to help beginners , and as a result programmers and coders become more professional and more experienced, and beginners at least would have the basic understanding of the MQL language.

Remember: You can use section to ask about anything related to MQL only and anything support that.

Good luck.

a New Year 2011 has come, and the challenge has just started 8-)

Re: New coding and programming subforum section

Yes, its good to have this section for coding!

Hope we can compile some common request as Faq, e.g:

- codes to update Send/Modify orders to be ECN compatible

- codes to update EA for 4/5 digits

- codes to filter entry

- trade management codes - exit, multi-lot entry

etc.

Could we also dedicate this part of the forum to coding and optimizing experts made by members of our forum

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, it is a good to dedicate this part of the forum to coding. However, for optimization we will need to write down the ideas that can be used to optimize the EAs (if optimization by coding or re-coding) and they work theoretically, we can apply such ideas to our existing EAs or new EAs.

We can also add a list for the optimized EAs and those under optimization just to make it easy.

Thanks again.

Best wishes,

-- 19 Nov 2009, 14:14 --

Yes, its good to have this section for coding!

Hope we can compile some common request as Faq, e.g:

- codes to update Send/Modify orders to be ECN compatible

- codes to update EA for 4/5 digits

- codes to filter entry

- trade management codes - exit, multi-lot entry

etc.

Thanks awsl for your post.

Yes, these points are very important to note down.

I will add them to the list.

Best of luck.

Optimization means producing 1000's of back-tests with different parameters to produce alternative outcomes, sometimes minor changes to the code a required for it to work, also watching the mistakes ea makes in visual mode can aid you in further development. I personally made a lot of ea's that produced crummy backtests trade well, just for the sake of proving a point, any ea can be good (its not the ea its the setting you use) At least this is how i optimize my eas. We should also create a new topic where we would list all modified ea's by the members of our forum maybe even with the corrected settings, i know its a pain in the a** to preform but it will make it easier for all of us to get what we need when we need it. But for now this is just suggestions I could get into it more if the users of the forum would show significant support, because I'm the only one that thinks organizing this forum and bridging different ideas and systems to create killer ea's is a good idea, than i'll just keep it to myself and share part of what i get with the forum :) Like for example i have like 5 ea's coded after surefire trading challenge systems however i would like to rally some programmers and supporters so we could start the development and doing more work (private) and share what we make with the public forum. I hope i made my point clear. Thanks.

[spoiler:26ukmy10]Never trust, never fear, never beg[/spoiler:26ukmy10]

Optimization means producing 1000's of back-tests with different parameters to produce alternative outcomes, sometimes minor changes to the code a required for it to work, also watching the mistakes ea makes in visual mode can aid you in further development. I personally made a lot of ea's that produced crummy backtests trade well, just for the sake of proving a point, any ea can be good (its not the ea its the setting you use) At least this is how i optimize my eas. We should also create a new topic where we would list all modified ea's by the members of our forum maybe even with the corrected settings, i know its a pain in the a** to preform but it will make it easier for all of us to get what we need when we need it. But for now this is just suggestions I could get into it more if the users of the forum would show significant support, because I'm the only one that thinks organizing this forum and bridging different ideas and systems to create killer ea's is a good idea, than i'll just keep it to myself and share part of what i get with the forum :) Like for example i have like 5 ea's coded after surefire trading challenge systems however i would like to rally some programmers and supporters so we could start the development and doing more work (private) and share what we make with the public forum. I hope i made my point clear. Thanks.

Hi Cyrillic,

I got your point, but let's ask ourselves one question. If we really work together and spend time and a lot of effort on re-modifying EAs or indicators, baktesting, forward testing, changing parameters or settings, so :-? .....!!! wouldn't that be used by scammers against us and against other traders as well??

wouldn't these kind of powerful EA's be sold to newbies with very expensive prices same as ISEA or similar ones??

I know that some traders would strive to do what you want to do, but it is not easy to decide doing or making a private section for only hard working traders. if we created a private corner for us so what would happen then?? I'm sure that every trader would try to target us, and maybe say something bad about this private group.

If you have anything to say, please PM. I know you have a lot of great ideas, but no need to say it in public if you are planning to keep it in private.

I hope you understand the idea and what's behind it.

I will think about it and write all what you said down.

I guess you are hard working trader.

Best wishes,

You have to understand, i am all for sharing and i do not wish to exclude anyone since this forum did not exclude any of us from the very beginning and that might potentially ruin a good thing like with any forum that has a private session where a bunch of people with old rotten ideas fail to come with something , because new people do bring in innovation. But a private corner for hardworking traders does sound very good.. I will pm you the rest of the info in regards to our work...

Cheers...

[spoiler:26ukmy10]Never trust, never fear, never beg[/spoiler:26ukmy10]

You have to understand, i am all for sharing and i do not wish to exclude anyone since this forum did not exclude any of us from the very beginning and that might potentially ruin a good thing like with any forum that has a private session where a bunch of people with old rotten ideas fail to come with something , because new people do bring in innovation. But a private corner for hardworking traders does sound very good.. I will pm you the rest of the info in regards to our work...

Cheers...

Thanks for your understanding.

I will try my best always to bring the best to this forum, but also to avoid ruining it by absorbing "attracting" scammers to it.

NO Scam and no Scammers.

Best wishes for all traders.

• 3 weeks later...

hello

sorry my english

i want a simple ea hedge

work with same lote size in buy and in sell

beguin with the same lote size one a buy and one a sell

and after imagine 5 pips open in buy if the pair go buy

and after more five pips open again in buy or in sell

well when profit-swap=+5pips close all

thats it

can someone please make this ea

nuno

portugal

really thanks

Hi nuno1234,

Good day,

O.k, at the moment I can't create any EAs or indicators as shown in my signature. I'm so busy and I'm sorry to say that.

I have a hedge EA that maybe fits your needs. Please check it out and let me know :) .

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

http://rapidshare.com/files/320322035/SMA_MultiHdege2.mq4.html

Please next time create a new thread asking or requesting whatever you are looking for. That way I can help you better. You should know that each topic has to be independent.

Best wishes and regards.

hi trader,

i have a good news for you all. now no need to spend more time to learn programming language for using meta trader. as we can use excels via meta trader4........it can make our task easy and reliable as we can get appropriate calculation in excel.......have good time with forex trading :)

Good luck!!!!

regards,

lysander

hi trader,

i have a good news for you all. now no need to spend more time to learn programming language for using meta trader. as we can use excels via meta trader4........it can make our task easy and reliable as we can get appropriate calculation in excel.......have good time with forex trading :)

Good luck!!!!

regards,

lysander

Hi,

Good day,

so people don't need to learn programming :-? :-? Ok, in this case, do they have to learn Ms-Excel or no need as well ??

In my opinion, learning is the only way to master forex, and there is no way to do that without learning mql4.

Best wishes,

-- 14 Dec 2009, 21:48 --

I dont know if this is this is appropriate or not,

i need a programmer to code a successful system,

i am willing to share it with the community but it has to be copyrighted to me :-bd

Hi,

Good day,

I believe we have a lot of programmers, but the problem is do they have time to do your request??

For me, at the moment I'm so busy and I can't do anymore requests. I just have to finish whatever I have now so I can start with my project.

I guess you can request in an independent thread a programmer or coder so that person can arrange time and plan everything for you. Remember to ask for more details about how she/he is going to code your system.

Best wishes,

• 2 months later...

I dont know if this is this is appropriate or not,

i need a programmer to code a successful system,

i am willing to share it with the community but it has to be copyrighted to me :-bd

If you can provide 5 years backtest result (considering the system is a real good system) many programmer will come to your aid. Give 10 years great backtest result, and perhaps CoderGurus from tsd will come here himself to help you.

Most programmers are bored with the "i have a successful system" statement. They need proof! the longer you have, the more interesting the system to the programmer. No proof, well only some will come to you.

So, hope you can post your testing result in another thread. It's always nice to see a successful system.

Regards,

Ore no Shinka Hikari yo Hayai. Zen Uchi o Nani no Mono Ore no Shinka Chuito Kore Nai.

Ten no Michi yo Iki. Subete o Sukosadoru Otoko.

• 3 weeks later...

William you are 100% correct. If anyone can provide real proof that they have a successful system, there would be many programmers more than happy to code it.

Showbaba---My suggestion is since you are willing to share it ..post the 5 or 10 years profitable results and if they look good then you will get a programmer.

Thanks,

Bob

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Programming Subroutines

I would like to suggest having a section for specific subroutines, such as order entry, money management and code snippets which could be developed and optimized here by members.

These blocks could then be standardized to fit together, without code disruption, to form mql4 EAs.

Each snippet would explain what it did and how it would be plugged in.

This would allow anyone to continuously develop a snippet and allow others to slot the new version into their EA without a problem.

A growing snippet bank would hopefully encourage ppl to build "LEGO" EAs that they would never have considered before, or help turn a manual strategy into an automatic one to see if it works.

It may also entice ppl who are afraid of programming to experiment with blocks of code which are known to work.

Even subroutines in some of the decompiled garbage EAs posted here may be useful if properly modified!!!

When mind lingers in one place efficiency is lost

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks...

I would like to suggest having a section for specific subroutines, such as order entry, money management and code snippets which could be developed and optimized here by members.

These blocks could then be standardized to fit together, without code disruption, to form mql4 EAs.

Each snippet would explain what it did and how it would be plugged in.

This would allow anyone to continuously develop a snippet and allow others to slot the new version into their EA without a problem.

A growing snippet bank would hopefully encourage ppl to build "LEGO" EAs that they would never have considered before, or help turn a manual strategy into an automatic one to see if it works.

It may also entice ppl who are afraid of programming to experiment with blocks of code which are known to work.

Even subroutines in some of the decompiled garbage EAs posted here may be useful if properly modified!!!

Hi Manganate,

Thanks for your great suggestion. I will take that into consideration.

Best wishes,

SF

How to create a DLL and call functions from it? What are the tools/softwares required for it?

Hi there,

Creating Dll file is not as easy as you think. It is one of the most sophisticated things to code. It requires some assembly /disassembly language skills in order to do that, and that's why I'm still on it to figure out how to deal with it till now.

You can use Visual Basic, C++ or Delphi to create such file.

I hope this is useful,

Best wishes,

SF

• 1 month later...