Blessing 2 v5.2 with Stochastic Indicator

Re: Blessing 2 v5.2 with Stochastic Indicator

Hi JUINERTY2,

I think this EA is specially designed for EURCHF. But maybe there are other pairs. :-?? I haven´t got good backtest data but on e.g. EURJPY and USDJPY I got good results. It would be great if some people could test different pairs because in my opinion the EA has potential.

Best regards!

I found some interesting results:

http://www.fileuploadx.de/920544

The trades started around 23. June 2009 - from 2000 to over 42000 with a maximal DD of 9.77 %!

These results were produced with a special indicator:

http://www.fileuploadx.de/480592

Only the red outer lines are interesting of that indi. The red line is used to find a sort of overbought or oversold situation (buy or sell when price hits the lower or upper band of 'past regression deviated'). Price will very likely come back to the yellow line. If that does not happen, the EA doubles up., etc.

It would be great if somebody could add the indi to the EA, please! ^:)^ Unfortunately I can´t code. :(

Best regards!

Hi,

What 5 pairs and what time frame is this applicable??

GBPUSD, USDCHF, EURUSD, USDJPY, EURCHF, EURGBP on 5 m TF.

If somebody could add the indicator to the EA there are possibly more pairs (I got some good results with JPY pairs without the indicator) which could be traded.

Best regards!

Could somebody add these lines to the EA and make a mq4 file, please? I tried it but without success. :huh:

These are the lines which are for the missing indicator:

After the extern parameters, add :

Code:

extern bool Regression= false;

extern int LR.length=55; // bars back regression begins

extern double std.channel.1=0.809; // 1st channel

extern double std.channel.2=1.618; // 2nd channel

extern double std.channel.3=2.618; // 3nd channel

After this, at line 502, add :

Code:

if(Regression){double regu=iCustom(NULL,0,"past regression deviated",LR.length,std.channel.1,std.channel.2,std.channel.3,5,0);

double regd=iCustom(NULL,0,"past regression deviated",LR.length,std.channel.1,std.channel.2,std.channel.3,6,0);}

Then, at line 583, add :

Code:

&& (Regression==false || (Regression && Bid<regd))

And finally, at line 601, add :

Code:

&& (Regression==false || (Regression && Ask>regu))

Thank you! ^:)^

Best regards!

Hi,

i tried to add the above lines... I am no experienced programmer though. Maybe s.o. could take a look :hammer: :-?

It seems to me that this way, the regression filter only applies to the pending orders section. I wonder, if this is correct.

And maybe the past-regression-deviated should better be hardcoded into the EA - backtesting is getting sloooohooow due to the tickwise indi calls...

here is my try:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-2031128/20091123-Blessing-2-v5.2-Stoch_and_Regr.mq4.html

luck, OnkelHotte

i asked and birt was kind enough to do it for you.

http://stashbox.org/711772/Blessing%202%20BBStoch%20v5.21%20additions.mq4

however i think there is an error calling the indicator. this is the indicator below -- maybe someone can clean it up finally.

http://www.forexmt4.com/mt_yahoo/past%20regression%20deviated.mq4

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

i asked and birt was kind enough to do it for you.

however i think there is an error calling the indicator. this is the indicator below -- maybe someone can clean it up finally.

Thanks Norman,

give some kudos over to birt...

There is something strange about the indicator, but I don´t think it is an error. Past_regression_deviated seems to be quite fat and slow... and when called with every tick, it puts the break on every test...

Maybe there is a better way to integrate it (as I said, sadly I am just a coding-shmuck...) and s.o. good at this will give us a little of his precious time.... ^:)^

The indicator has effect, that is the only thing I can say yet by turning it on and off. If it is good, well backtests too slow to tell right now....

help, this robot has potential ;) !

edit: O.K., it does this indi-call thing on forward too, a** soon as a position is opened... there is definitely s.th. wrong...

I didn't have the time to test it and the indicator wasn't the same version as used for the original piece of code. I don't even think the EA is the same, seeing that lines mentioned there are 500/600 and the EA has like 300 total. Anyway, I believe I tossed the indicator at the right position and I also updated it to pass the correct parameters to the indicator after Stormin_Norman told me it wasn't working correctly.

Get the modified version at http://www.4shared.com/file/160304582/2c1b71e2/

The indicator used is the one mentioned by Stormin_Norman.

My $0.02: the ea is not good with or without the extra indicator.

I didn't have the time to test it and the indicator wasn't the same version as used for the original piece of code. I don't even think the EA is the same, seeing that lines mentioned there are 500/600 and the EA has like 300 total. Anyway, I believe I tossed the indicator at the right position and I also updated it to pass the correct parameters to the indicator after Stormin_Norman told me it wasn't working correctly.

Get the modified version at http://[email protected]/file/160304582/2c1b71e2/

The indicator used is the one mentioned by Stormin_Norman.

My $0.02: the ea is not good with or without the extra indicator.

Hi birt,

nice to see you in here "in personam"... didn´t mean to critisize you in any way ;) . It was me who screwed´d üp in the first place...

but you are right, there are some different versions of blessing already, everyone is tinkering with another buggy one.

I guess thats why, s.o. from [edit:] "you-know-who" took it and rewrote it - that is the version you gave us. I am kind of confused myself right now and have gone back to trying to optimize the EA you sent without any new indicator.

Keep it up! Regards, OnkelHotte

Thank you for your efforts, birt! I don´t know why but i always get the message: "unmatched data error" on every pair; equal which timeframe. Do you know what could be the problem? :?:

Best regards!

that's bad volume data from metatrader. its no big deal, i ignore it. nothing to do with the EA.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

that's bad volume data from metatrader. its no big deal, i ignore it. nothing to do with the EA.

Could you test it? Do you know how I can get some results? It´s strange because with other EAs I get results but with that version I got nothing; equal which pair. :huh:

Best regards!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...