How can I make an EA invisble from the broker ???

Re: How can I make an EA invisble for the broker ???

remove the magic number/comments? implement internal tp/sl calculation?

these 2 factors mostly give themselves off as its similar patterns used by the EAs, other than that, it depends on the EA characteristics.. how it open trades(is it timely basis like london breakout etc)

Thanks Rollover for you aswer

implement internal tp/sl calculation. How we can do this on EA?? :-/

can you explains more detail.... and any software or program we can use to do this ??

hmm.. meaning instead of setting the tp and sl like normally EA do, instead amend the EA to constantly check trade profit and close it using dynamic tp(not always a fixed value, closing by Orderclose) so the broker won't see the pattern.. but this method increase risk for example when you do not have vps or backup server and you got disconnected for a long time, it may complicate the trades or miss the tp/sl intended level

i don't know if theres any software to do this, normaly code/amend myself.. i think its better to ask experts here for help, most of them will gladly help ;)

According to an employee working in a broker office, it's the "comment" that is a Big Brother for the broker. It's not difficult to change this in the code (third from the end):

OrderSend(Symbol(), xxxxxx, lots, price, Slippage, tp, sl, "comment", magic, 0, color);

Sorry for the mistake, fourth from the end.

Also change your Ea name

To use internal TP and SL, it's a bit more complicated to write the code, but it's not the point that make if your broker can watch if you use a particular EA. Use internal TP and SL is a safety to avoid stop chasing, that else

Sorry for the mistake, fourth from the end.

Also change your Ea name

To use internal TP and SL, it's a bit more complicated to write the code, but it's not the point that make if your broker can watch if you use a particular EA. Use internal TP and SL is a safety to avoid stop chasing, that else

well said, spot on :D

remove the comment is the main thing

A better solution would be to change to a different bucket shop. Once they caught on, they will do everything they can to mess up your trades if you're costing them money. If you trade sufficient volume, it's pretty easy to adjust the rates to hit your stop loss, knowing that you trade during news. On top of that, you can't complain much because news spikes are not uncommon.

Hello JUINERTY2

change Ea name ?? do you mean rename the .ex4 file or we need to rename it inside the code???

how can we make EA name no showing in the comment column.... ???

and how to rename the comment below ???

OrderSend(Symbol(), xxxxxx, lots, price, Slippage, tp, sl, "comment", magic, 0, color);

sorry for asking to many question

thanks for the info... i really appreciate it

I am not sure whether it's true, but I think I read it somewhere that the order signature of an EA is different than manual order in metatrader. So it is not possible to hide an EA-order from the broker. Yes, comment is the easiest way to identify an EA-order but when EA-orders are sent to a different server with its own unique ea-identifying-signature, all attempts to hide it will be in vain. It is built-in in metatrader. So we might be powerless to do anything and may just pray for brokers' kindness.

Re: How can I make an EA invisble from the broker ???

Yes, order signature of an EA is the comment

Look at the code, Ordersend, fourth from the left you have a string that contain the comment ,"blablabla", change the blablabla with your comment ,"MyEaPersonalComment".

OrderSend(Symbol(), xxxxxx, lots, price, Slippage, tp, sl, "blablabla", magic, 0, color);

change to :

OrderSend(Symbol(), xxxxxx, lots, price, Slippage, tp, sl, "MyEaPersonalComment", magic, 0, color);

Sometimes it's a variable, look at the code where the variable string is fill

int string commentString="blablabla"

OrderSend(Symbol(), xxxxxx, lots, price, Slippage, tp, sl, commentString, magic, 0, color);

change to :

int string commentString="MyEaPersonalComment"

This is a quote from CHi

I chatted online with one broker who welcomes Forex robots - http://www.fxcbs.com.

Interesting enough, operator said they can still tell if it is an automated trade or manual trade even an EA uses blank trade comment and zero magic number. That is their claim.

I think it's unfair treatment. Does anyone know MQL4 developers? I want to suggest them making EA completely anonymous.

More info here:

http://forum.mql4.com/25727

If the statement is true. means traders r fuked up.

I am not sure whether it's true, but I think I read it somewhere that the order signature of an EA is different than manual order in metatrader. So it is not possible to hide an EA-order from the broker. Yes, comment is the easiest way to identify an EA-order but when EA-orders are sent to a different server with its own unique ea-identifying-signature, all attempts to hide it will be in vain. It is built-in in metatrader. So we might be powerless to do anything and may just pray for brokers' kindness.

yap, that is right. you cannot hide that thing from broker. But, i guess it is not a big deal.

no Guts, no Glory!

Maybe a little bulky "solution", but what if our EA would just watching for the signal and if it comes, then would "ask" a .dll to call Windows' keybd_event() function to simulate a "manual" sending of an order?

Like: [F9][TAB][0][.][2][5][TAB][1][.][4][9][5][3][TAB][1][.][5][0][5][0][TAB][TAB][TAB][TAB][sPACE][ALT+F4]

would send an instant BUY order with 0.25 lots, SL: 1.4953, TP: 1.5050, no comment, on the current pair.

Hmmm? :)

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Why would you have to hide an EA from your broker in the first place if you are using an honest broker like a good ECN or STP. If for any reason you feel that you have to hide an EA you are either paranoid or you are with a dishonest, market maker broker... it's that simple. You can set up an account with Go Markets in Australia (STP) for less than a hundred dollars. Most EA's are rubbish so they don't really need to hide anyhow.

From experience...

I had a chance to meet with CEO of big brokerage firm (won't mentioned the name of the broker) in UK last Feb. All Mt4 brokers run server plug ins and it has many options of enabled/disabled certain functions and how much to delay server disconnection, etc.. They get these server software either by purchasing right out from BT or leasing. Their service agreement included what functions that brokers need/wants, etc.. So, every broker's server plug-ins are not same. They know, even if you disabled 'comments' or "virtual SL or TP", etc., just fact that you have EA enabled, they know you are running the EA or not. I've seen this 'server plug-ins", so I know... However, he told me that they really don't care what the traders run. Simply put it, they really don't have the time/resources to control/monitor every each of their customer (traders) trading method. They can monitor if they want to (they have capability to do so, but they do not). The server plug-ins are not to dis-service their customers (trader like us) nor screw us in anyway. It's a part of the tools that require for them to run/offer MT4 platform. Without it, they can't reboot their server and accept the datafeed and execute the orders, etc in orderly manner. It's must have item.

If you think about it, it make sense. If you are entering orders manually, you still can put anything you want in the 'comments" when you place an order. So, by simply disabling 'comments" in EA, won't help.

Stop hunting is different story. All brokers can see where your stoploss and tp setups are, so market makes can spike the price to get you out. So, in case like this, you may want to run EA with virtual SL and TP. But, have to make sure you have to have reliable internet connection. If you rely on EA to make sure to close when it hit SL or TP, you better have the connection to the broker's server. Otherwise, you know....

Here is an EA that you can run to fool brokers where your true stoploss/Tp is for your order. I don't use it since most of my trade is run with EA, I don't need it. So, if you are going to use it, please try it on demo first. I may have the instruction. when I find it, I will upload and update the link.

Update (links added)

EA:

http://www.multiupload.com/J6V8UKFEBE

Manual:

http://www.multiupload.com/13F3Y8II70

Edited by fx4_ever
link upload

• 4 weeks later...