(REQ) Ballentine Breakout EA

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaet1989

Re: (REQ) B@llentine Bre@kout EA

Hi all,

The EA is educated, checking license is merely a comment field in the code with no connection to any function. Should also trade on live accounts, not sure about STP's such as MB or JADE.

Regards

its not my account. its from the developer.

it seems that a few eurusd + eurjpy trades were tried briefly. it might have been as an experiment. the eurusd certainly wasnt too crash hot; which is why its probably discontinued.

does anyone know if this can be backtested? im thinking perhaps it cant cause of different time changes and the like.

i dont think its the EA - it seems like its manual trading using the indicator on the system:

# Broker: Oanda

# Leverage: 1:50

# Type: Demo

# System:Technical

# Trading:Manual

# Started:Oct 03, 2009

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

As far as I understood the EA can not be backtested @-) This has been done on purpose by developers :o including funky coding inside!

Which make me thing that there is something not quite clear here :|

I may be wrong ...

Cheers

Kudus is what gives me power....

As far as I understood the EA can not be backtested @-) This has been done on purpose by developers :o including funky coding inside!

Which make me thing that there is something not quite clear here :|

I may be wrong ...

Cheers

it may be due to the different timing of market starts which may make backtesting useless.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Has anyone been able to get the GJ version of this ea to trade? The GU version is working fine, but the GJ doesn't seem to. I have compared the code and I do see some license verfication code left in the GJ. I have tried just tweaking the GU to trade GJ but that didn't work for me (not a coder by any stretch).

Has anyone been able to get the GJ version of this ea to trade? The GU version is working fine, but the GJ doesn't seem to. I have compared the code and I do see some license verfication code left in the GJ. I have tried just tweaking the GU to trade GJ but that didn't work for me (not a coder by any stretch).

In order to open the trade the price should be inside the box first ...

I understand that, does that mean you are getting trades on the GJ version of this?

If so, could you post the version that you are using? The GU is fine, but the GJ i have has the licensing code still inside and says 'checking license' and won't trade.

Thanks for the reply

I can confirm on the GJ, I am getting message .."Please wait the next trade session" all the time!

GU is working fine.

Please some coder to take a look on GJ, it would be highly kuded ;)

Cheers

I had the same problem with GBPUSD. I changed the license key (any random number) and it started placing orders.

Hope it helps.

I have put gbp\usd the EA on a new chart and it put new orders, may be I need to do this every day :(

Seems that on the second day it is not working, it says "License checking..., Mode Safe"

Cheers

i had some decent results in demo. I have then put on live (microlots) It also opens an order but it has then ben closed imediately

GBP/USD Sell pending order: opened: hour 06.19 -> closed hour 06.19 -lost 9 pips

GBP/JPY Sell pending order: opened: hour 10.46 -> closed hour 10.46 -lost 3 pips

On Demo I only had GBP/JPY closed in profit +25pips

Both demo an live are on same broker FXDD. So defently something wrong. But where?? Broker or EA?

Guest jaet1989

I do believe the EA may be broker sensitive, if some of the testers may share broker names, it will help other members test the EA, as far as the code is concerned, this is what the seller intended, hope this helps :)

I do believe the EA may be broker sensitive, if some of the testers may share broker names, it will help other members test the EA, as far as the code is concerned, this is what the seller intended, hope this helps :)

Hi jaet1989, since the EA like the other breakout ea http://indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5824 can't run together with other EAs or manual trade. Can you add a specific magic number function to made it run together with other EAs on same account?