Super ADX and Trend Wave Indicator

Super ADX looks more or like that of fisher_m11 and Bollinger GTS Squeeze indicators.. One can just have a look at the following link where Karl Dittman's Super adx is reviewed.

http://www.greattradingsystems.com/2010/06/forex-secret-indicator-karl-dittmann-review/

Regards

Saivenkat

KD's indicator showed on above link is not the one that we are after. Beside, I am wondering if he is better at sales than trading! When he first came out with great system, I also believed it could be something... simple and easy.. Now, almost every weekly, he comes out with next best "new system' that are only going to be available for xx copies and yy time period, yet it is still available! (secret of advertising?) I am seriously wonder now... One of KD's new system is nothing more than 40 & 5 MA cross with ATR (50) with 30-70 level, yet he calls it as newest and best no loss system. I know this thread isn't about KD, but since KD's name was mentioned here, just putting my 2 cents. Please don't take it personally about my remark. if anyone likes KD stuff and making money, should stick with it.

Edited by fx4_ever

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KD's indicator showed on above link is not the one that we are after. Beside, I am wondering if he is better at sales than trading! When he first came out with great system, I also believed it could be something... simple and easy.. Now, almost every weekly, he comes out with next best "new system' that are only going to be available for xx copies and yy time period, yet it is still available! (secret of advertising?) I am seriously wonder now... One of KD's new system is nothing more than 40 & 5 MA cross with ATR (50) with 30-70 level, yet he calls it as newest and best no loss system. I know this thread isn't about KD, but since KD's name was mentioned here, just putting my 2 cents. Please don't take it personally about my remark. if anyone likes KD stuff and making money, should stick with it.

I have confused myself Super adx that is being discussed here, to that of KD.. and sorry for that bro.. I fully agree with you about KD technique's in marketing " new stuffs".

There is nothing personal you have told bro..you set alight a guiding torch to newbie's like me, how we are trapped in the name of fool proof systems..

Take care and have a good time.

Edited by Saivenkat
spelling correction

• 2 months later...

Daniel Fernandez in his book explained :

The Indicator Series : The ADX, beyond a trend/range filter

I have to say that from all the indicators I have used in my career as a forex trader,

the ADX (Average Directional Index) is the tool I dislike the most. The reason

for this is probably because most traders have become accustomed to viewing the

ADX as a range/trend condition filter when this is far from being an accurate use

of this trading indicator. People who develop automated trading systems generally

use the ADX to filter out trades (which I have learned is not a good approach) generating

a global loss of statistical significance with a very small -if even presentimprovement

in profitability. On today’s post I am going to talk to you about

this indicator developed by Welles Wilder, I am going to go into its mathematical

origin and into how it could be used successfully for the creation of automated

trading strategies. As always the most important thing is to understand what the

indicator is telling you and how this information can be used to exploit tradable

market inefficiencies.

First of all, the mathematical calculation of this indicator is not as straightforward

as others since this tool has many different components. The Average

Directional Index indicator is made up of three lines called DI+, DI- and DX. The

lines are calculated according to the formula you see below (where the true range

is mainly the highest value between the averages calculated, include the average

of the close prices (current close - last close) of the N indicator period):

DI+ = Average of X periods [Current High - Previous High]/(Average of X periods of the True range)

DI- = Average of X periods [Current Low- Previous Low]/(Average of X periods

of the True range)

DX = 100 * ((DI +) - (DI -)/(DI +) + (DI -))

So what is the indicator telling us ? Mainly the higher the values of DI+ or

DI- the higher the difference between the current and past highs/lows becomes

relative to the largest movement observed within the current and last candle X

period average. However note that DI+ and DI- are not normalized and therefore

we can only interpret them relative to each other. A higher value of DI+ over

DI- indicates that in average higher highs where achieved while a value of DIabove

DI+ indicates the opposite. The DX - which is normalized - compares

the difference between DI- and DI+ and tells us what percentage this difference

represents from the sum of both indexes. The value of DX will be higher as the

difference between DI+ and DI- becomes larger effectively showing that during

the past X periods the market has shown a prevalent movement in one direction.

The fact that the DX value seems to be related with prevalent market movement

then does not imply that we can define trends/ranges clearly from the ADX.

There are two reasons why this is mainly not a good use of the ADX indicator.

First of all, the DX line is comparative meaning that if we have a quiet market

period with low volatility but a steady up/down movement the indicator may interpret

it as a trend. The second problem is related to the fact that you would have

to select a "level" to use as a threshold between "ranging and trending" conditions,

something which cannot be easily done. Usually if you attempt to enter trades in

favor of "the trend" when the DX value is high you will find that the trend has

already happened and you are just entering too late.

The ADX indicator however can be used to detect retracements given the fact

that it can detect when a weakening from a previously strong trend has happened.

For example, if the ADX reaches an extreme value (indicating strong market momentum)

we could simply wait for a weaker DX value and enter the trade in the

direction of the trend when the trend has apparently "ceased". Of course, we will

enter upon a retracement, within a very good position to take advantage of future

movements. Such a case is exemplified within the following chart.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/RoelsMajor/NewPicture-21.jpg

As you see, the ADX indicator can be used for this type of purpose successfully,

not taking into account any range/trend filtering characteristics which are

generally attributed to this trading tool. We take advantage of the fact that the

indicator signals "what has already happened" and we use it to enter trades in favorable

positions to exploit a tradable market inefficiency. Of course, developing

a mechanical trading strategy based on this concept would require the development

of additional closing criteria and trade analysis (to see which DX levels are

adequate) but such an approach is bound to be a good start to develop a long term

profitable strategy based on the ADX indicator.

Edited by Roels Major
"You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!".

• 2 weeks later...
it would be great!!!!!!!....but the link for me not work , the link again dead!! please reapload ,thanks

http://www.4shared.com/file/SzZqc8R7/uderAd.html

mirrored here!!!!!!

One obvious truth.FOREX IS ANYTHING BUT EASY

• 2 weeks later...

PowerADX

Hi:

Does anyone know " Power ADX " exist? I heard it's better than SuperADX, but I haven't seen any discussion about it. Being new to the forum, I don't want to start the new thread without check further. PowerADX, SuperADX and TrendWave are all developed by same guy and would like to know the difference between PowerADX and SuperADX.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

The link below is what i have on Super ADX, i can't even remember where i got it from lol I didn't like it much, but may be someone might find it usefull;)

If anyone has the Trend wave Indicator to share i would be grateful, but the guy claims that it doesn't repaint seem like a lie cause by the look of his charts that he shows the TW has to repaint, but i guess the best way is to check yourself. So if anyone can share that would be great:)

LINK:

http://www.4shared.com/file/7Z_TIOsc/Super_ADX.html

• 3 weeks later...