What is your exit strategy?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What is your exit strategy?

I set my exits to the nearest fib S/R pivot. For example if price is nearer to R2 OR S2 and touches plus closes and retraces back. Then I;ll take profit there. I wait for the retracement because sometimes or most of times the price usually pierce through these Fib s/r areas thus the breakout becomes a bonus. ;)

hi you just have to know if you are on trend or on a counter-trend, for trend I use fib extenssion, and for counter-trend just check the up or down line of the price action channel. I hope you can read Triad Trading Formula in this forum and you will get all the information

GOOD TRADING!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Find strong S&R as TP, after price goes by my wish, i move my SL into +5 or +10, and just let it go until reach Support or Resistance that i believe it will go there... then close your chart, time to downtown :-bd
Hi

Exit strategies depend on your trading system and your entry point, if you are quick to enter depending on your strategy you should know the daily range of the currency you are trading all you need is to deduct the total pips the currency have traveled b4 your entry then deduct some few pips depending on your discretion.

I believe that is a save take profit position.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to statistic, 80% or entry has been right, but only 10% of people make a live out of trading.

Last two times, I have see my 10 pips profits turned back into breakeven and get stoploss out, and asked myself why I did not take hte 10 pips profits when it was there?

What is your exit strategy?

I like buying pullbacks once they move back in the direction of the prevailing trend. I place my stop below the low of the pullback. Then when I have profit = to half my initial risk, I exit half the trade and move my stop to break even. That stop I trail below confirmed swing lows.

Another rule I have is if I'm holding a position long term and get a double, I sell half the position and thereafter have a free trade.

• 2 weeks later...

yash, nongball,

Please explain in more details what have you meant.

In case of fibos, please specify how do you plot these levels (from which point to which).

Let's say it was a recent swing from 1.5250 to 1.5320, how you would enter (on what level of retracement) and where you would exit (take profit or close the trade) if 1.5250 is 0% level and 1.5320 is 100% level.

In case of Astro, just say when Mars is taking 0 angle to Earth or so I exit. So one who is in Astro would check if this exit strategy is ok for use.

To prevent misinterpretation and teach newbies what you do well, please be more detailed in posts.

Details could consist the whole exit strategy which is definetely of interest for most of us. Instead of just saying general phrazes. Thanks, guys! :)

hi Starting

my exit based on vedic astrology that is based on hourly planetary.

in each day planet will rule

example

sun - sun will rule

mon - moon will rule

tue - mars will rule

wed - mercury will rule

thru - jupiter will rule

fri - ven will rule

sat - saturn will rule

in same way planet will rule on every hour

monday 9:30 to 10:30 MARS will rule on that hour generally its is considered as trending hour

i found this method more effective rather using fibnoic or indicators u can overcome many whipsaws by seeing stellar movements.

for more of stock astrology tutorials information visit

www.eastrovedica.com/html/astrologyforstockmarket.htm

hi Starting

my exit based on vedic astrology that is based on hourly planetary.

in each day planet will rule

example

sun - sun will rule

mon - moon will rule

tue - mars will rule

wed - mercury will rule

thru - jupiter will rule

fri - ven will rule

sat - saturn will rule

in same way planet will rule on every hour

monday 9:30 to 10:30 MARS will rule on that hour generally its is considered as trending hour

i found this method more effective rather using fibnoic or indicators u can overcome many whipsaws by seeing stellar movements.

for more of stock astrology tutorials information visit

www.eastrovedica.com/html/astrologyforstockmarket.htm

Yash,

Mate, I REALLY appreciate your comprehensive reply, trust everyone now can understand your exit and trading logic and if interested to get more info on this, will be able check your link.

This was a perfect example of what I call co-operation and sharing and caring ["CSC"] attitude from you, please keep it up, mate :shand:

• 3 weeks later...