HI-LOW STRATEGY

Hello everybody, I found this out there:

- Draw a horizontal line from the first tick of the day,

- BUY Stop 10 pips above the line.

- SELL stop 10 pips below the line for the same pair.

- Stop Loss 25 pips

- Take profit the next day(with out TP),Or 30-50 pips.

- Trade as many pairs as I could ( I traded 10 pairs )

- Every day I made more than 200 pips from all trading, but the biggest one I got

from Gbp/Jpn.

But I don't want you to do that ! That's only my "bad" experience last time. What I sometimes still do until today is:

- To draw a line on yesterday highest

- To draw a second line on yesterday lowest.

- Easier to use daily chart.

- Buy Stop at yesterday highest

- Sell Stop at yesterday lowest

- Stop Loss 50 pips.

- That's all.

I traded just to refresh my mind and to prove that everybody can make pips with a very simple tricks, including you. He...he...he...

You wanna do that ? Look at your chart and draw a line on the previous day high and low, you will get the answer.

Happy trading

Re: HI-LOW STRATEGY

I tried this strategy a while ago and found I got stopped out on most of my trades.

Stoploss of 25 pips imo is much too small for an EOD strategy.

(If you do increase the stoploss you need to to increase the take profit to maintain a decent risk reward ratio)

A variation on this strategy is to bracket the first 30 minutes of the day's open -- U.S. market, for example. This can be seen as setting the tone for the day i.e., above the high of the first 30-minute bar look to be bullish and below the low of the first 30-minute bar look to be bearish. No trades within this range. Wait for confirmation of a break-out of the opening range and use the opposite bracket as your stop loss, depending on the kind of risk to reward it offers.

-- 23 Aug 2009, 23:00 --

Check out the following for a free guide on this strategy as it is used for stockmarket:

hxxp://scans.marketgauge.com/GetOReBook_step1.asp

• 1 month later...

A variation on this strategy is to bracket the first 30 minutes of the day's open -- U.S. market, for example. This can be seen as setting the tone for the day i.e., above the high of the first 30-minute bar look to be bullish and below the low of the first 30-minute bar look to be bearish. No trades within this range. Wait for confirmation of a break-out of the opening range and use the opposite bracket as your stop loss, depending on the kind of risk to reward it offers.

-- 23 Aug 2009, 23:00 --

Check out the following for a free guide on this strategy as it is used for stockmarket:

hxxp://scans.marketgauge.com/GetOReBook_step1.asp

Please explain this strategy with an example.