[Req] Forex Cyclone

Re: [Req] Forex Cyclone

If anyone is going to make the above requested changes, I have one more change to add. After studying the trades it makes, they aren't bad trades .... but sometimes it doesn't hit it's TP of 15 and then goes on to hit it's SL of 60. If the code could be added to be able to set a break even point that would make it more profitable. I mean add the code to move the SL to breakeven or a small profit after it is say 6 pips in the profit.

I haven't jumped in on this EA yet, been reading this thread to judge it's progress. I ran some backtests on variable trade times/days etc, and like Forexample said, it was dissappointing.

Wvic, what you have said is interesting.... any EA that can aim for 30 pips with a 60 SL has got to be worth taking further. Reaching 30 pips on aud/usd , nzd/usd and Eur/gbp - would you say we should aim for perhaps 25 pips to allow for bigger spreads on these pairs? :)

I liked the idea of putting Break Even, T/P & S/L variables into this EA input tab, but I do not have the abilities to do such things.... can any of you smart guys out there accomplish this? ;)

M

All 10 nzd/usd trades on my forward test would have gone to tp 25

7 of the 8 aud/usd would have gone to tp 25

6 of 7 eur/gbp would have gone to tp25

I have a feeling that this ea would not suit all market conditions. For example on the nz/usd it's only doing buys. This is the current trend. What happens in a ranging charts or in a change of trend. I don't beleive forward test's as I can never get them to replicate my forward testing. (i.e. forward test a ea for a month then do a backtest for that month)

thanks

There is a saying: not everything simpe is genius but everything genius is simple. I think cyclone is the proof. I like the logic it has, we're now at a strong uptrend and it opens only buy trades, scalping the corrections. 4 days of real life trading: 6 TP, 1 SL. It recovers what fapturbo is losing, another SL with usd/cad tonight :(( (I set the SL to 30).

What I'm gonna do is after a SL gets hit to increase the risk because there is big probability that we'll have more than 5 TP's after. If less - BAAAAD for me.

Have luck guys!

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone is still running this EA, but I got profit from the last 6 trades, and they are all sell positions.

Is it possible Cyclone only works on sell position ? :-?

Btw, my Cyclone magic number is not showing in the comment field, does anyone else have this problem ?

Not sure if anyone is still running this EA, but I got profit from the last 6 trades, and they are all sell positions.

Is it possible Cyclone only works on sell position ? :-?

Btw, my Cyclone magic number is not showing in the comment field, does anyone else have this problem ?

There are no problem, the Cyclone can both buy & sell.

Cyclone is one of the few non scam and longterm performers. It has bad periods when trend reverses and when in range but it's very simple and it's the only EA that I trust. And yes, it sell and buys. It's idea is scalping the correction in the direction of the main trend which is not bad idea at all.

Yeah. This is the only EA I trust and run in my live trading, the risk reward ratio is not too bad.

How about the magic number, when a position open it only show me blank cell in the MT4 comment field ?

When it closes, it gives me [tp] or [sl]. It doesn't show me the magic number I put in the EA properties eg:773333

Does the magic number shown on your MT4 comment field ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...