Megadroid Pro (links first post)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Megadroid Pro

Back Testing Result for USDCHF

This is not as good as EURCHF or EURGBP.

2 consecutives big loses eat all profits.

14 Apr - 15 Jul ==> -7%

So be careful, especially in using Recovery Mode = True, when "bad luck" coming, our balance can be down rapidly and I think it can happen also to any pairs.

I think I will run on live account these pairs: EURUSD, EURCHF, EURGBP with risklevel of 0.05 and recoverymode:false.

Strategy Tester Report

MegaDroidPro

IKONRoyal-Live (Build 224)

Symbol USDCHF (US Dollar vs Swiss Franc)

Period 1 Hour (H1) 2009.04.14 00:00 - 2009.07.15 23:00 (2009.04.14 - 2009.07.16)

Model Every tick (the most precise method based on all available least timeframes)

Parameters Version="1.00"; _1="System Parameters"; Stealth=true; Aggressive=true; GmtOffset=3; AutoLocalGmtOffset=false; AutoServerGmtOffset=false; S1_Reference=77777773; S2_Reference=33333337; ReceiptCode=""; _2="Comment Position"; TopPadding=30; LeftPadding=20; TextColor1=WhiteSmoke; TextColor2=LightGray; _3="Strategy Parameters"; Slippage=3; SendEmails=false; _4="Order Management"; LotSize=0.1; _5="Ratio Order Management"; RiskLevel=0.1; RecoveryMode=true; _6="MaxSpread: -1 auto, 0 default, >0 your limit"; MaxSpread=0; _7="Logic: 1: EU, 2: EC, 3: EG, 4: UC"; Logic=2;

Bars in test 2543 Ticks modelled 3496560 Modelling quality 90.00%

Mismatched charts errors 0

Initial deposit 10000.00

Total net profit -701.03 Gross profit 2479.39 Gross loss -3180.42

Profit factor 0.78 Expected payoff -16.69

Absolute drawdown 701.03 Maximal drawdown 2597.59 (21.83%) Relative drawdown 21.83% (2597.59)

Total trades 42 Short positions (won %) 35 (88.57%) Long positions (won %) 7 (100.00%)

Profit trades (% of total) 38 (90.48%) Loss trades (% of total) 4 (9.52%)

Largest profit trade 203.72 loss trade -1231.08

Average profit trade 65.25 loss trade -795.11

Maximum consecutive wins (profit in money) 24 (1550.38) consecutive losses (loss in money) 2 (-1374.90)

Maximal consecutive profit (count of wins) 1550.38 (24) consecutive loss (count of losses) -1374.90 (2)

Average consecutive wins 13 consecutive losses 1

HI folks,

Is 15 mins time frame safe to run on all the pairs ?

Or stay with 1 hour time frame for all ?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks.

Timeframe has no effects on MD EA actions. It has a mechanism to 'calculate' multiple timeframe. So it doesn't matter you put it at M15 or H1 timeframe. It will be the same.

HI folks,

Timeframe does NOT matter regarding MegaDroid/Pro.

This EA is handling timeframes internally without looking after where did you placed it.

You can place it even on M1, or the opposite, Monthly... It will continuously watch M1, M5 and M15 internally to collect data for its trading decisions. Remember, it's a scalping bot. Can you scalp on H1 and up? ;)

I guess the authors were suggested H1 because you can easily recognize if a trade occured, while if you were put the droid onto an M5 chart, the trade could be easily "run off" the chart.

Of course you can always check trading history in MT4.

kukustop: yes, I guess we could easily avoid trading USDCHF because of its conventionally bad performance. :)

rs_0101: look further in the thread. The thing you're searching for is not in the first post anymore. ;)

Is MDPro the one EA you're running in MT4?

I had only one crash when I was running MDPro on a demo account while I did a backtest on EURGBP. But no crashes since that.

I have ran 4 MDPros on 4 charts last night without problems or crashes.

HI folks,

Timeframe does NOT matter regarding MegaDroid/Pro.

This EA is handling timeframes internally without looking after where did you placed it.

You can place it even on M1, or the opposite, Monthly... It will continuously watch M1, M5 and M15 internally to collect data for its trading decisions. Remember, it's a scalping bot. Can you scalp on H1 and up? ;)

I guess the authors were suggested H1 because you can easily recognize if a trade occured, while if you were put the droid onto an M5 chart, the trade could be easily "run off" the chart.

Of course you can always check trading history in MT4.

kukustop: yes, I guess we could easily avoid trading USDCHF because of its conventionally bad performance. :)

rs_0101: look further in the thread. The thing you're searching for is not in the first post anymore. ;)

Hi Don,

Thanks for your clarifications !

I think it should work fine with default settings correct ?

Even for Micro lots (0.01), I don't have to change the lot size correct ?

Can just leave it as "0.1" ? Correct ?

It seems to place order of 0.01, whether I set the lots size to 0.01 or 0.1...

Is MDPro the one EA you're running in MT4?

I had only one crash when I was running MDPro on a demo account while I did a backtest on EURGBP. But no crashes since that.

I have ran 4 MDPros on 4 charts last night without problems or crashes.

I ran 4 MDPros on 4 charts last night too using the first version. No problem. Then I updated the files using second version

and I had 2 crashes since then. I have reverted to the first version now.

I have tested from Dec 1, 2008 and EURGBP was excellent, URCHF was just OK, while URUSD was horrible.

EUR/USD:

Bars in test 4834

Ticks modelled 4485825

Modelling quality n/a

Mismatched charts errors 41752

Initial deposit 1000.00

Total net profit -212.81

Gross profit 1856.62

Gross loss -2069.43

Profit factor 0.90

Expected payoff -1.20

Absolute drawdown 645.90

Maximal drawdown 938.30 (72.60%)

Relative drawdown 72.60% (938.30)

Total trades 178

Short positions (won %) 106 (88.68%)

Long positions (won %) 72 (83.33%)

Profit trades (% of total) 154 (86.52%)

Loss trades (% of total) 24 (13.48%)

Largest

profit trade 50.00

loss trade -244.16

Average

profit trade 12.06

loss trade -86.23

Maximum

consecutive wins (profit in money) 28 (244.00)

consecutive losses (loss in money) 2 (-433.16)

Maximal

consecutive profit (count of wins) 337.27 (27)

consecutive loss (count of losses) -433.16 (2)

Average

consecutive wins 9

consecutive losses 2

I would not recommend the old "ee" version since it uses the EURUSD trading strategy for EVERY pairs, even for the officially supported ones. There will be significantly worse results on pairs other than EURUSD.

Maybe I can see, if my original educated dll is working better with the "ee2"...

JusForex: If you have RiskLevel setting other than 0, then MD will not calculate with the LotSize parameter. It will calculate with the size of your balance instead.

I would not recommend the old "ee" version since it uses the EURUSD trading strategy for EVERY pairs, even for the officially supported ones. There will be significantly worse results on pairs other than EURUSD.

Maybe I can see, if my original educated dll is working better with the "ee2"...

JusForex: If you have RiskLevel setting other than 0, then MD will not calculate with the LotSize parameter. It will calculate with the size of your balance instead.

It seemed that you have included an "older" copy of the dll in the ee2 version. I tried to use the "ee version" dll with "ee2 version" files but encountered an authentication error. Can you see if you can fix this? Thanks in advance bro :)

Yes a lots of errors. So I downloaded the history again and startd the test from April 1, 2009 to present. Results still look horrible.

Bars in test 2738

Ticks modelled 4255453

Modelling quality 90.00%

Mismatched charts errors 0

Initial deposit 1000.00

Total net profit -52.23

Gross profit 516.22

Gross loss -568.46

Profit factor 0.91

Expected payoff -0.84

Absolute drawdown 154.79

Maximal drawdown 378.35 (30.92%)

Relative drawdown 30.92% (378.35)

Total trades 62

Short positions (won %) 36 (88.89%)

Long positions (won %) 26 (80.77%)

Profit trades (% of total) 53 (85.48%)

Loss trades (% of total) 9 (14.52%)

Largest

profit trade 27.00

loss trade -84.80

Average

profit trade 9.74

loss trade -63.16

Maximum

consecutive wins (profit in money) 17 (103.00)

consecutive losses (loss in money) 2 (-152.00)

Maximal

consecutive profit (count of wins) 103.80 (5)

consecutive loss (count of losses) -152.00 (2)

Average

consecutive wins 7

consecutive losses 1

Don - I did not configure and used standard as is. And the display is showing GMT Offset of 3 (automatic) on FXDD and is same as on my other chart where Megadroid 1.11 is running successfully and profitably. So I don't know where the issue is. Have you backtested EURUSD for the pro version if so can you post it.

Don - I did not configure and used standard as is. And the display is showing GMT Offset of 3 (automatic) on FXDD and is same as on my other chart where Megadroid 1.11 is running successfully and profitably. So I don't know where the issue is. Have you backtested EURUSD for the pro version if so can you post it.

Hi,

For backtest you must set the offset, since the EA cant determine it. Set as the EA adjust itself.

Br.

rs_0101: Live testing and backtesting are two separate things. For backtesting, please set AutoLocalGmtOffset = FALSE and AutoServerGmtOffset = FALSE.

Please also set GmtOffset to 3.0 , as per the manual, FXDD setting.

I am on Alpari UK, I can show you a backtest I had just made for you: hxxp://www.filefactory*com/file/ahd6d3f/n/MDPro_EURUSD_rar

Hi Apple1937,

do you use Alpari UK Micro or Classic account?

Hi,

I am using Alpari UK Micro account. :)

Many thanks apple1937 :)

Have you had any problems using Megadroid with Alpari UK Micro live account?

Are they good brokers for using EA?

Let me know.

Again many thanks :)

You can use the manual GMT settings in live test, if that setting is good for your broker. The automatic setting is for the lazy people, like myself. :D

Yes, USDCHF will not perform as good as the rest 3 pairs. But this is "normal".