best indicator

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: best indicator

The best indicator to follow the trend is simply Moving Averages........... here are there descriptions

EMA5--------red colour

EMA 16------Purple colour

EMA21-------Blue

When ever you have a trend just slot in those settings and switch back to 5minutes to see how the trend will be moving, and along the line u will be see a push back from EMA 16 and 21 respectively.

This is what i used to trade trend or this indicator to ride the trend up and whenever price closed below it its signal end of trend. Attached is the Indicator. Enjoy.

If you want to buy at the bottom and sell at the top you have to use the bollinger bands. You should buy when price comes back from outside the lower band and sell, when price comes back from outside the upper band. I'm using it with success along with cycle identifier, that helps to identify the top and bottom of the price swing.

My settings:

Timeframe: H4

Bollinger Bands: 55 (it's not the default setting)

Cycle identifier: default settings

Here you have the BolliToucher that alerts when price touches the upper or lower bollinger bands, and the cycle identifier that alerts too, when it identifies a top or a bottom.

Enjoy!

If you want to buy at the bottom and sell at the top you have to use the bollinger bands. You should buy when price comes back from outside the lower band and sell, when price comes back from outside the upper band. I'm using it with success along with cycle identifier, that helps to identify the top and bottom of the price swing.

My settings:

Timeframe: H4

Bollinger Bands: 55 (it's not the default setting)

Cycle identifier: default settings

Here you have the BolliToucher that alerts when price touches the upper or lower bollinger bands, and the cycle identifier that alerts too, when it identifies a top or a bottom.

Enjoy!

Hi HunFxTrader,

Thanks for your indicators. ;)

Is there repaint for the cycle identifier?

Hi,

HH and HL are the price action. HH, HL, states that the market is trending.

Then comes the ma (which are lagging).

Some say that Stoch/MACD are leading indicator. I do not know.

IceManEU: How do you use these indicators?

Alka: Which particular indicators do you use?

Red_dates: Can you please suggest how to utilize the MM lines and where to find info.

Thanks all for your input.

I depends more on what timeframe you are after..

I used several different version of this one.. This is one of the better versions..

http://www.indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3113&hilit=goc

http://i30.tinypic.com/2u4pi7m.jpg

Try the following in all time frames.

1. Bollinger Band 20,2

2. Bollinger Band 10, 1.5

3. Trix (4,4)

4. MACD (12,26,9)

5. RSI(10)

Wait for both bollinger bands to pinch(Double pinch). Look for Trix and MACD to cross zero line, and confirm with RSI(10) crossing the 50 line. When you see all these conditions met enter the trade either long or short.

Thanks for your indicators. ;)

Is there repaint for the cycle identifier?

Yes on the last unclosed candle it repaints if the price leaves behind the last closed candle's high or low. Therefore you should wait for the close of the last candle to see whether the reversal established or not. I follow the signal only at the upper or lower bollinger band.

Regerds,

HunFxTrader

I don't think there's a "best" indicator but here's something I've found very useful as it can give the trend on four time frames at the same time in a manner that you can interpret right away. By shifting the chart to a higher time frame the indicator gives trends on four higher time frames right away. This indicator may have been posted elsewhere here as part of a system. I use it to not only indicate the trend but to also warn of a change of trend on a higher time frame as well as the time frame I'm trading on. If I'm on a 1-minute chart, for instance, I can see the trend on 1,5,15 and 30-minute time frames. If I then shift to the 15-minute chart, I can see the trend on 15 minute, 30 minute, 1 hr and 4 hr time frames, and so on. Heiken Ashi smoothed works well with this to also give a determination or confirmation of trend.

Yes on the last unclosed candle it repaints if the price leaves behind the last closed candle's high or low. Therefore you should wait for the close of the last candle to see whether the reversal established or not. I follow the signal only at the upper or lower bollinger band.

Regerds,

HunFxTrader

HunFxTrader,

Thank you very much for such a useful indicator.