• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: now 10K USD account at Dukascopy

i mean fap evolution (formally swiss)

bad start too:

1. they had to change the name ue to copyrite

2. they had to change the rebait promised (was 25% back after 1 month)

3. had to push back the date

4.. whats next

A new "better" robot with a new name and another special broker to allow it exclusively!

I think it is the same robot made to work on dukascopy platform. Fap is dependent on tight spreads and dukascopy is supposed to have the best spreads. that's the marketing pitch.

Dukascopy normally requires 50k deposit but are offering accounts with 10k minimum. Per their web site, the commission rates are double for the 10k accounts than the 50k.

I am concerned that they'll be selling a lot more than 2000 copies that would definitely push dukascopy spreads higher (at least for the 10k accounts). Then to run Fap sucessfully, you may have to move to 50k account......

something fishy about the new FT Evo and the deal with swiss etc, i just hope the punters dont get screwed here. I can see tears on the horizon, although I will be watching closely after the lauch to see how it performs. Limited 2000 copies hmmm we'll see i doubt it tho.

something fishy about the new FT Evo and the deal with swiss etc, i just hope the punters dont get screwed here. I can see tears on the horizon, although I will be watching closely after the lauch to see how it performs. Limited 2000 copies hmmm we'll see i doubt it tho.

yep. these guys don't have much credibility with me after the pump and dump operation of that penny stock.

1) dukascopy is very good broker.

* tax free, in swissland. and safe funds deposite. very good support.

* nice spread, and very very fast order execution, even at news time, nice liquidity.

I think this is a veyr good broker for manual scalping. Here is my scalping setting at dukascopy and use their standard indicator. demo account.

write an indicator there is not difficulat neither.

http://www.formulatrader.com/download/bild/dukascopy.gif

Finimej,

Do you have sample indicators codes for Jforex? And where can we have the knowledge base for coding. I am not against anything good. We can try to code.

Actually I am thinking on to open a spread betting (I dont know what is the difference, less currency pairs, but it seems the same) account in FXCM UK, as it is TAX FREE for UK residents (I dont even understand why). Own platform but seems very fast, one click execution, though the charting part I don't liked, I used an MT4 this afternoon for a bit of scalping, and executed on FXCM trading station. I know it is off-topic, as there is now strategy, expert... possibility in their paltform.

Why aren't you thinking on NinjaTrader? I heard very good opinions about this for example:

http://www.mirusfutures*.com

dukascopy in Swissland is tax free.

right click on the strategy in the left window, select create a indicator, then you have the indicator modules in the editor window already.

http://www.jforexboard.com/viewforum.php?f=6

here is the code for indicator module. (the demarker exemple has error).

then in the window, you can select compile.

However, it is time consuming to convert everything from MT4 to dukascopy.

For manual trading, the I check out the H4 cluster setup at MT4, and use the setup above to manual scalping in the dukascopy.

For system trading, I think there is a way, to run EA on FXOPEN ECN II demo, ( it is just IB for dukascopy, same data), and use dukascopy Agent API to copy the order to dukascopy. I just could not drop this thinking of dukascopy account. it is pure joy to scalpe on the platform, order execution is so fast. Somebody write on the net, the real account order execution is even faster than the demo account.

back to dukascopy, use add indicator buttom, and then you select customer indicator, and select your indicator, and you done.

I am using eclipse as the edictor, and import the dukascopy API as jar library into the eclipse. But I compile the thing in the dukascopy compiler.

yes I actually started it, and was happy in the beginning until I started to run the jforex application, then I had to face with the problem, that my macbook pro has core duo processor, not core 2 duo, so java is not upgradable to 1.6 version (what jforex wants) as my core duo proc is only 32 bit, and java was developed for 64 bit only after 1.5 version on osx. Sooo I was really mad about this. I have a windows machine, but it is a netbook, so not really good for this purpose. But I will go on and try to do sg. I will go on holiday until 2. aug, so i will work on these things deeply just after I came back. But please count on me, I will solve every barrier until that time.

You can imagine how shocked I was @-) , when I noticed this. I will update my osx tonight, maybe java will work after that. But this 64 bit problem seemed serious. Maybe newer update will be available for the newer osx. Fingers crossed.

Just to let you know, there is no workaround (even with "soylatte" or what :) ) to start dukascopy on a 32 bit intel Macintosh (core duo processor).

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9292/picture52.png

Yes, Java runs on every machine, if Java itself can be run on that machine, very sad.