[Help] MT4 crash

victor21

Re: [Help] MT4 crash

Use that mt4 only for trading. What happened to you also happens to me often, and it is

because of doing backtesting, and somehow, those get interrupted. then there is a problem

of memory handling with mt4.

So, my recomendation, use that mt4 only for trading, and use some other free from other

boker, or same broker, but different allocation in HD to do backtesting.

If it happens again, do a clean instalation again.

Re: [Help] MT4 crash

It was that backtesting issue here with too from time to time. Deleting logs and unused currencies in history/tester folders helps here too.

luck, OnkelH

Agree here.

What I would also suggest is to delete history, log files in tester in MT4 folder, delete unnesessary indis and EAs from MT4 folder.

NExt step - check which programs are actually running realtime when you do your trading.

It could be one or two resident programs which steal processor time, so you get your MT4 performance degraded.

Examples: password checker, antivirus, coding of the video, watching HD video and so on and so forth.

My recomendation is to use specially dedicated computer for trading only.

By the way, one of MT4 updates was with bug causing MT4 crash and I preferred to stay with earlier stable system until new update was sent.

Sometimes if indi is making lots of realtime calculations this also can deteriorate platform performance and even cause crashes. I suggest to use only really required indis and use only required setting in them. The principle of performance here is that the less is better and faster.

Sometimes indis or EAs use illegal language so MT4 upon a case crashes or slows down. That also could be.

I recommend to create a new MT4 folder from time to time and install there those required indis and EAs, and delete old folder for system better performance.