DirtyDan's journal

dirtydan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: DirtyDan's journal

Thanks for the reply...right now I'm trying to get used to using your method on the GBPUSD and EURUSD to try to get to know these pairs...I am currently in a trade setup on both pairs...will let you guys know how it turns out!

DirtyDan, you said previously you use stochastics / OANFXTimer to try to confirm a good bounce. Can you please tell us exactly what indicator and setting you're currently using and what the indicator/s need to be showing to take the trade (assuming a good fibo setup has already occurred).

It's just that I've been using your system with success and then I hit a bump and lose pips...therefore would like to know what you use to confirm please.

Thanks \m/

This is my current trade on GBPUSD:

http://www.imgshack.info/images/if7rry5pd0lm834ep09.gif

As you can see, price broke through the white fibo 0% line - i then refibbed with the red fibos, waited for a retrace (in this case it went to 76.4%) and would have taken the trade but got caught up in something else...anyway I entered just below 23.6% red fib line and am currrently in positive pips!

DirtyDan, you rock \m/

Thanks for the reply...right now I'm trying to get used to using your method on the GBPUSD and EURUSD to try to get to know these pairs...I am currently in a trade setup on both pairs...will let you guys know how it turns out!

DirtyDan, you said previously you use stochastics / OANFXTimer to try to confirm a good bounce. Can you please tell us exactly what indicator and setting you're currently using and what the indicator/s need to be showing to take the trade (assuming a good fibo setup has already occurred).

It's just that I've been using your system with success and then I hit a bump and lose pips...therefore would like to know what you use to confirm please.

Thanks \m/

I am trying to think of a way to show how I decide not to take a trade. I was able to trade 100% last month and made quite a few pips but I only took 4 trades even though I didnt take a few trades that would have been profitable. I tried using a bunch of different indicators through out my journey but they only make me doubt trades when I am using them. I'm not going to post any lesson today because I'm just relaxing and trying to get better for the weekend but I will think of something to teach next thursday about when to get into a trade and when to stay out.

@ Jason_Za1;

This setup only for H1 Timeframes; NOT m15 like your screenshoot (to many noise movement in a smaller Timeframes).

For The setup only for GBP/USD only My personal oppinion, because as i saw GBP/USD has gotted a smoothed moves & more frequently occurs rather then any pairs, But once again this just My personal Oppinion, Btw, the Setup is very2 MAGNIFICENT ... :-bd

@ Bro DirtyDan;

Kuekhatsu thanx for the comments and I am glad to see that its working for you. The trade you posted is PERFECT and yes I missed it also I havent been feeling to good but now I am feeling a little bit better. I will scan the charts and post if I see anything worth getting into.

Me too Bro, because I'm too bussy to find the setup pattern in EUR/GBP,EUR/USD,AUD/USD, too but the result because I'm too bussy with many Pairs, i miss this Beautiful & very nice setup @ GBP/USD.

Still waiting for your next lesson. =D>

Have a nice weekend Bro ... :)

Adamentium Trader Origin's

The Step.1 : 123 Pattern (1st Fibs) @ GBP/USD is COMPLETED ! They Back to north again at 78.6%

http://i47.tinypic.com/11lh7dd.gif

Now we'll wait for the penetration of the 1st Fibs (Breakout Number 2 from 123 pattern).

Bro Dirty Dan if the setup has been occurs in Friday(weekend), can we still put the BUY/SELL LIMIT ?

Waiting for your guidance Bro, Thanks a lot.

=D>

hello,

I already entered BUY positions.

Now your stop loss must be gotted hit now

wat do you mean by pairs not already penetrate and close above 0%? I dont get it.. sorry newbies.. :P

thans

If you not wait GBP/USD Break/Penetrate The Point. 2 (123 Pattern) / 0% Fibs & CLOSED above Point. 2 (if the BUY SETUP), you will be gotted situation like this :

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3407/83058792.gif

Please remember : "The Fatal Traders is who is he/she break the setup rules !"

The Key of this trading setup is "PATIENCE" .

Please forgive me if i'm wrong, the rest you can ask Bro Dirtydan as an author of this system.

Regards;

:|

@ DirtyDan;

Dear Bro Dirtydan did this setup allready to put BUY LIMIT ?

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4554/1stfibs.gif

Can we took Fib from Point.3 to the high of the last candle ?

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4607/1stfibsb.gif

Please let me know bro ...

:-bd

@Cashflow08;

Hi Bro;

IMo: The Retrachement must be re-draw again from Point. 3 to the last Candle High looks like in screenshoot bellow :

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7958/gu2.gif

I Thing we better do not hurry up to put the BUY LIMIT until the price exhaust back to south bellow 23.6% (more safe 38.2%); because if we put the BUY Limit hurry Up & the price goes to the north again we must re-draw again. Btw if the price doesn't retrace into 50%, 61.8%, 78.6% (Our place BUY LIMIT), so thats mean we must let them go.

I Hope DirtyDan soon will guidance us.

Regards;

:shand:

@ Cashflow08

Please comment if Im doing something wrong.

You put the Buy Limit only in 61.8%; but the system need we put in 3 zones (50%, 61,8%, & 78.6%); please look at the screenshoot bellow.

Don't forget put the Stop Loss at the Point 1 of 123 Pattern & the Take Profit. 1 @ 138.2% & Take Profit. 2 @ 161.8%

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1848/68797190.gif

Regards;

:)

* Becarefull this week will be come NFP News; So don't to be rush goes on trade

@Cashflow08;

Hi Bro;

IMo: The Retrachement must be re-draw again from Point. 3 to the last Candle High looks like in screenshoot bellow :

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7958/gu2.gif

I Thing we better do not hurry up to put the BUY LIMIT until the price exhaust back to south bellow 23.6% (more safe 38.2%); because if we put the BUY Limit hurry Up & the price goes to the north again we must re-draw again. Btw if the price doesn't retrace into 50%, 61.8%, 78.6% (Our place BUY LIMIT), so thats mean we must let them go.

I Hope DirtyDan soon will guidance us.

Regards;

:shand:

Hi from what i see you fibs all yr charting using the hourly chart.

Do you look at the daily price action.if yes, what do you look for

@r326196;

Hi from what i see you fibs all yr charting using the hourly chart.

Do you look at the daily price action.if yes, what do you look for

Dirtydan guidance only in H1, But he just only gave guidance in Daily Charts Fibs only once.

So if you Want Fibs Draw in Daily Charst, you better wait DirtyDan at Thursday.

Regards;

:)

• 1 month later...

Hello Friends,

First of all would like to thank all of you guys for your valuable contribution to this thread

I have a doubt and would highly appreciate if some one could address it. I have noticed that while in most instance we mark the 0 to 100 percent range of the previous day between the days Low and High, there are also instances where we mark that between the previousdays swin Hi and swing Low. I wantd to know what is the criteria used to determine the range of the previous day.....as to when we are going to use the previous days Hi and Low and when we are supposed to use the last swing Hi and Low of the previous day as the 0 to 100 percent range. Your answers would be highly appreciated.... Thanks in advance

Edited by heisamit

Hello nice people of this thread!

I also use fibo in my manual trading. It works nicely well, creating consistent ratio on manual trading.

I saw a question from fellow traders on how to determine the daily trend.

I can share here with you how I do this.

For determining daily trend I use daily chart (D1) and apply MACD 5.13.1.

I think these numbers are from smb elses strategy, perhaps H4 MACD strategy, anyways I use them and they fit my style of trading pretty well.

The rule for determining trend direction is as follows:

if previous day MACD is above than day's before MACD, then we are in uptrend and only look for going LONG.

Similarly, if previous day's MACD is closed below day's before MACD, we're in downtrend and should be looking only for going SHORT.

http://s001.radikal.ru/i193/1001/3e/58d2b214f101.jpg

You could ask what shall we do when MACD makes a swing (changes its direction instead of continuing the move)?

Well, for this occasion we use our stoploss, which is right 5-6 pips above the fibonacci 100% level of trend swing (those who read this thread should understand what I mean).

Then our stoploss for let's say SHORT trade is hit and according to our trend determining rule next day we will be looking for going LONG only (last day MACD is above day before MACD).

This strategy works very well for me and I trust it can be used also here as I use fibonacci for determining both entries and targets, almost like you do here in this nice thread.

Enjoy green pips, fellow traders, and share more experience with this strategy too! )

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Question on this potential setup in the AUDUSD 1Hour Chart Today :-

http://www.imagechicken.com/uploads/1265988545080625200.jpg

After the first swing breaks zero then we get a retrace, should I go long at

50% - Red Fib (Second Swing)

61.8% - Red Fib (Second Swing

or

50% - White Fib (First Swing)

61.8% - White Fib (First Swing)

Is this a valid setup in your opinions? just curious if I have read the rules correctly on the fibonacci entries here.

Thanks. :-bd

The 1st Fib not retrace 50% & as I saw the 1st Fibs is not yours, but if you look at the left there is a small 123 formation but there is not valid because not retrace to 50%.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3812/84223462.png

Better use GBP/USD H1 looks for the set ups Feb, 8th/2010 its a valid setup.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1396/85098398.png

Regards;

Kuekhatsu

Trading = Action !

• 1 month later...