Forex Derivative EA

Re: Forex Derivative EA

Starting, ?? ?????????? - ???????? ????? ? ???? :)

Here is fixed source, change extension to mq4 after download.

http://rapid*share.com/files/243020210/FDV2_14_FIX.txt

)) ????? ????????? ????????? - ???????? ????? ????? ????? ????????, ??????????, ? ?????, ??????? ?? ????? ?? ??? ???? ? ????????? ?????? ?? ? ????????? ????? ))) ?, ?????? ????? - ????? ??? ? ???? ??? ??? ????, ????????? VPS ? ????????? ??????? ??????? ?? ???? ? ????? ))

Guys, you don't need to translate above, this is a small piece of Russian humour. Just ignore it.

very good Starting .... :D :D :D

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ta dah

http://www.forexsharing.com/300286
pass:bull...

Mates I'm proud to present you the 4xDerivative2.14n (where n stands for No f***kin dll)

backtest cooking and other preparation of parameteres disabled for your testing pleasure

regards

Ad augusta per angusta

ryaz, you da man :) Now we need to see which ones need to be optimized from time to time ... I will work on this

So, there are total of 42 parameters out of 101 which change annually for all 4 pairs. In general, placing them into DLL is not that bad idea for the sake of code simplicity.

I would believe that they should be optimized even more often if the algorithm is so sensitive. I've tried to backtest with 2009 parameters from 2008, and drawdown in 2008 was higher than gains in 2009.

However, without knowing what each of them means in his genius algorithm I would not give it a single try.

I am also sure he will eventually change the DLL calls so that future versions of it are not compatible with older versions of EA.

Any reasonable suggestions?

ryaz, you da man :) Now we need to see which ones need to be optimized from time to time ... I will work on this

So, there are total of 42 parameters out of 101 which change annually for all 4 pairs. In general, placing them into DLL is not that bad idea for the sake of code simplicity.

I would believe that they should be optimized even more often if the algorithm is so sensitive. I've tried to backtest with 2009 parameters from 2008, and drawdown in 2008 was higher than gains in 2009.

However, without knowing what each of them means in his genius algorithm I would not give it a single try.

I am also sure he will eventually change the DLL calls so that future versions of it are not compatible with older versions of EA.

Any reasonable suggestions?

This is the list of all 102 parameters that the EA pulls out from the DLL for each different year, to be used for making trade decisions in the past. The spreadsheet is produced by printing out these parameters returned by the DLL after each DLL call from the MQ4 codes during backtesting. The first column of the spreadsheet is the Year of test, and other columns are various parameters stored in the DLL.

I do not mind if for each year/month/day (or even hourly), the EA is optimised based on past data so its performance can be improved in the FUTURE. However, there is no ethical reason why the backtest is so heavily curve-fitted (like in this case). This is very much like the repainting indicators. The FD sellers need to explain the reasons for this behaviour rather than some vague responses last week.

hxxp://stashbox.org/539093/FD%20curvefitted%20data.xls

clovelly, to tell you the truth, I do not care why he did it for the past, I only know that in order to make it work for the future and not being dependent on the author, you need to optimize it. That is basically normal for many EAs.

And there are 42 parameters, which need to be analyzed and then decided which ones really affect performance, and which ones do not - with optimization on 42 parameters on 1 year time span you need Sun supercomputer to do it within reasonable time.

clovelly, to tell you the truth, I do not care why he did it for the past, I only know that in order to make it work for the future and not being dependent on the author, you need to optimize it. That is basically normal for many EAs.

And there are 42 parameters, which need to be analyzed and then decided which ones really affect performance, and which ones do not - with optimization on 42 parameters on 1 year time span you need Sun supercomputer to do it within reasonable time.

Man, it's not that hard with optimization, okay)

Just use big blocks of data, big step, so you really finding edges and after that fine-tune withing found ranges, each time eliminating irrelevant params and as such decreasing number of opt. passes to go. It's that hard for me to run multyhour optimization for all of EA params, I prefer a bit smarter way to get from A to B)

Another point is that I could do this within reasonable time, but since I don't trust this EA I'm not keen to spend my time on it at all. Trust is broken. Period.

Btw, I heard Sun is dead, in bancrupcy or whatever.

Starting, as far as I know, Sun was acquired by Oracle.

http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/press/018363

That does not help us and I think it is not worth pursuing this optimization and agree with clovelly on this. I have my own EAs to polish instead of using unknown (at least to me) algorithms.

? ?? ????, ????????? ?? ????????? ? ???? MQL, ?? ??? ????????? ???, ??? ?? ??? ?? ???. ????? ??????? ? ????????? ????? ? ????????? ?????????? DLL ???? ?????? ????.

---------------------------

??????? ??? ??????. ????.

I do not know how you understand the code in the MQL, but there navercheno so well that on his dick. Let teshitsya and vparivaet Lohamei and produces updated DLL least every day.

Don't totally dismiss this EA just yet. The code looks good and is a level above what I've seen in Fap Turbo. When I was examining the Fap Turbo code I felt it was a bit amateurish and not very clean code.

This one looks like a very interesting and insightful specimen to examine or research. It's far more complicated than Fap Turbo or Megadroid. It would certainly be educational for an MQL programmer who wants to develop his own MQL programming skills.

The big question is whether it would actually be worth spending the research time, not in terms of education, but in terms of profit. As interestingly complex the code looks, if it doesn't make money, then our time can be better spent studying profitable EAs. I think from that point of view, the best thing to do would be to wait some time (months?) for forward tests to play out. If the results are good then there would be a stronger case for spending the research time.

Can you guys list all the web sites that are currently running forward tests of this EA so that we can track the real-world performance?

I am with you there hyperdimension.. Those first few days that the EA came out were bad trading days to begin with. I have been testing it the last few days with great results.

Here are some sites with forward tests...

http://derivativeeaf.mt4stats.com/

http://fxderivativedemo.mt4live.com/

http://www.4xproject.com/statements/derivative/statement.htm

Guys.. can someone help me please? The version of forex derivative 1.4 (posted by ryax) has not placed any trades. I get the smiley face and the messaging that it is trading properly but no idea why no trades. Its been over 1 week.

Can someone EITHER explain why its not working OR can someone give me the key and DLL files of the veriosion posted by 'Starting' on 10th June. Please help!

Guys.. can someone help me please? The version of forex derivative 1.4 (posted by ryax) has not placed any trades. I get the smiley face and the messaging that it is trading properly but no idea why no trades. Its been over 1 week.

Can someone EITHER explain why its not working OR can someone give me the key and DLL files of the veriosion posted by 'Starting' on 10th June. Please help!

PAss "Russia" without quote marks should work

Ta dah

http://www.forexsharing.com/300286
pass:bull...

Mates I'm proud to present you the 4xDerivative2.14n (where n stands for No f***kin dll)

backtest cooking and other preparation of parameteres disabled for your testing pleasure

regards

Hi,

Is the link working?

I am getting "Invalid Forex Sharing link." error message.

I've tried using Firefox, Microsoft IE 7, Opera 9.6, to access the above link but all return me what error message above.

Is anyone facing the same issue?

Can somesone help? Please upload to 4Share.com?

Hi,

Can someone clarify?

Is the FDV2_14_Fix.mq4 has the key removed, but still depends on the DLL ?

Whereas the other version ForexDerivativeV2R14 still depends on the DLL ?

If the dependency on the DLL has been removed, does it means that the Curve fixing for the using past data is no longer there ? Hence we can be objective of this EA performance now.

We can see the 'true' performance ?

Last but not least, it was mentioned that there is 18-May-09 date in the codes, which determines the backdate data range ?

If its so, when we do a backtest from the 19-May-09 to present, would we see the 'true' performance ? If we do this would the minimum 800 data points limitation comes in and prevent us from testing it ?

Thanks for your help :)