Forex Shocker

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm..i have weir experience with educated Shocker v2.0 (not dmaju edu one)..

I still have opening on USDCAD pair after set DST = true & GMT = 2 (Alpari broker)

but other pair like EURUSD, USDCHF all no opening. the setting for these 3 pairs are exactly the same...

I was wonder why this could happen?

~Money often costs too much~

Hi,

Don't use the previous version i posted, the trading hours are not correct in DST.

You can download this one, it will work as expected, the setting 'usedst' has been implemented so you'll have to set usedst=true.

Feedbacks appreciated :)

http://www.multiupload.com/7Y0YNE22YG

Also i've an issue with the original version (with DLL & license), error msg when it tried to close a trade (Alpari UK Micro Live):

2010.04.06 23:17:13 Forex Shocker 2.0 EURUSD,M15: There was an error closing the trade.Error is:3

I had to close the trades manually, do you know where is the problem ?

Manu

Edited by djmanu

Use autogmtoffset=true and usedst=true in summer and autogmtoffset=true and usedst=false in winter ,usedst is used in the US as well :)

If you want to backtest in summer:

manualgmtoffset=your_autogmtoffset in summer and usedst=true

in winter:

use manualgmtoffset=your_autogmtoffset in winter and usedst=false

Clear enough ?

Edited by djmanu

Umm, Yes I think is clear enough, thanks... Following you , i am on alpari so my setting have to be...:

autogmtoffset=true and usedst=true and just ignore manual GMT (live and not backtesting) (summer period)

If i need to backtest in summer --->manualgmtoffset=your_autogmtoffset ...Ok I will try, Is my statement correct?

Appreciate you help dj, sorry i am quite a newbie in the settings world.

I join you guys in the wipeout department. UCAD had a wipe, as did twin UC wipeouts which will take another 3 weeks of (hopefully no more wipeouts) to recover from.

A really terrible start to the month. One more wipeout and we'll be lucky to break even this month.

The thing is, Shocker often trades counter trend, and the asian session has been heavily trending recently. The Ucad and UC wipeouts could have been avoided if shocker decided to trade with the trend instead of against it. I have to wonder what logic it was thinking of... Even still, the trades never quite hit tp (came close), and this may well be a spread issue. (damn brokers)

Narrowly dodged a GBP wipeout just last session (it settled for a small loss. Grr)

broker

I join you guys in the wipeout department. UCAD had a wipe, as did twin UC wipeouts which will take another 3 weeks of (hopefully no more wipeouts) to recover from.

A really terrible start to the month. One more wipeout and we'll be lucky to break even this month.

The thing is, Shocker often trades counter trend, and the asian session has been heavily trending recently. The Ucad and UC wipeouts could have been avoided if shocker decided to trade with the trend instead of against it. I have to wonder what logic it was thinking of... Even still, the trades never quite hit tp (came close), and this may well be a spread issue. (damn brokers)

Narrowly dodged a GBP wipeout just last session (it settled for a small loss. Grr)

Yes I think broker choice is critical with this EA. I am running live with an ECN broker and haven't had any of the losers described. Running 3 weeks and 3 SL hit. None this month.

My guess would be that it's got to be the data feed. I didn't experience the E/U S/L in my account, so maybe your brokerage data feed would not have tripped the S/L either.

I didn't get that S/L on my live account as well.

The E/U backtests are excelent never hit S/L in 2009/2010 with alpari feed/spread seems too good to be true ...

Forex shocker has a better last session. Will take a while for it to dig itself out of the hole it made this month, but it's half way there. Another 2 good trading sessions and we'll be back at square-one. That should leave the next two weeks of the month to actually pull in profit (assuming no more wipeouts this month)

Forex shocker climbed itself out of the hole it dug at the beginning of the month now overt he last 3 consecutive sessions, and we are very nearly on track for our 10% monthly profit -- one week early (assuming more SL hits do not occur to drop my profits out by the end of the month!)

Well, so much for that.

Last night Shocker experienced a whopping 4 full stoploss hits, taking the total of wipeouts for this month to 7. That wiped out all monthly profits (it was up nearly 20% for the month before it did this!) and left a hole in my balance. There is one more week of the month to go, so assuming no more wipeouts of this nature, we may break even this month, but 10% is looking a bit close to call!

4 SL wipeouts in one session is a new low for this EA.

Same thing for me, 4 full stoploss.

When I see this thing I start to think again if it's possible to make profit with ea on forex !!

anyway my shocker is still in profit from first day of start trade (15th of march) but now only 6% of gain.

consistent profit I think it's not possible with this type of ea,

maybe there are others ea around that makes consistent profit but I don't think scalping ea, maybe swing trading ea on higher timeframe like h1, h4 and d1.

4 wipeouts on one night is the worst I've seen this EA.... and it was going so well this month even with the setback of 2 wipes earlier on in the month!

Last time I saw wipeouts this bad was with Forex Shocker v1

I will have to pull Forex Shocker off if it has an unprofitable month. I think the law of averages says that we'll end up back in the black by the end of the month, but events like this are really disappointing.