Forex Shocker

Re: Forex Shocker

I run Euronis v 3052 on the EURCHF and EURGBP using the default settings but have modified the time to be 21:00 - 24:00. I find that the market often starts to trend after 24:00 so I killed the extra 2 hours in the default settings. Make sure that you set CheckFreeMargin=1 as Euronis thinks it is the only thing trading and it may create a margin call if that option is left to the default of 0.

I also run version 4200 at the same time on the same account but only on the EURCHF, EURGBP and GBPCHF also using default settings except for setting CheckFreeMargin=1. The default settings for version 4200 only trade the hours of 21:00 to 24:00. Early on I had some bad luck with the CAD pairs and with the cross trades so I dropped them. I have not tested them on the new liquidity provider for Jade so I have no opinion.

Note, 4200 and 3052 sometimes try to trade at the same time. The software is smart enough to prevent Context Busy errors so I let them do their thing. When running both, don't use the high risk settings as you run the risk of a margin call.

Yes, I use a VPS - the one Jade offers on the same LAN as their trading servers so that I have latency of 1ms or less.

Thanks a lot for sharing your invaluable experience, esp., modifying TradeHour and setting CheckFreeMargin=1! I'd very much like your idea of running both 4200 and 3052 on the same account. And I wonder how many charts are there on your MT4, then.

You wrote "When running both, don't use the high risk settings as you run the risk of a margin call." Do you mean you don't use the "Restore" sets with 3052, using the "Low" sets only? Please clarify on this! Anyway, you stick to the default "low" risk settings if I understood you correctly.

Jade VPS sounds quite attractive. I might check it out. Do you know how many instances of MT4 can be running on Jade's VPS? Can I run other brokers' MT4 on Jade VPS, say FXDD, etc?

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hitescape ,

the myfxbook eakain developer account is a real account not demo and it's verified.

it's supposed that when an account is verified you can't change real or demo as you want,

it's set by the system after verification.

if there were demo accounts I would not post what I said before.

so hitescape, may I ask you what ea do you run ?

I might be barging in here without enough cause but i found this shoxker 2.0 version on a russian forum and wish to share it here.it has two dll files shoxker2dll and nndll.

i will be testing it as the week starts and will get back here.i would like other friends to have a look at its trading and its nature if its educated or not.

http://www.multiupload.com/5MOS6BGS30

ryujeans,

My MT4 instance has 7 open charts - 4 for 3052 and 3 for 4200. I run 3052 with either the "low" or the "middle" sets and have 2 charts per pair - the regular and the restore. The 4200 charts use the opposite sets as 3052. That means if I am using the middle sets on 3052, I use the low sets on 4200 and vica versa otherwise there is a risk of a margin call.

The Jade VPS allows for up to 3 instances of MT4 and cost $26 per month.

acosma

Thank you for your further clarification and your logic definitely supports your conclusion within the universe of parameters that you are looking at. Sometimes things that you may not even know about can come and take a big bite out of your account - I certainly have those ugly scars caused by things I never saw coming when I was mistakenly believing that I had everything under control.

The problem I have is that basically I don;t trust practically any developer and it is nearly impossible to know whether an account is real or demo. (The EAKain thread discusses the origin of this EA and not surprisingly it is not with the developer.) On myfxbook the user selects whether the account is demo or live, or at least I have that option. Did the developer check "Live" when he is using a "Demo" account? The only way that I know how to tell if an account is live or demo is when there are withdrawals (can those be faked?) or if I have the investor password. Your idea of opening an account at the same broker is another excellent way of discovering the truth.

If you do, I suggest you start small using 0.01 lots on the live account and then if you are satisfied with the results move it to a larger account in steps. There is another hidden difference on live accounts that you will eventually discover and that is liquidity. It may test great on the 0.01 volume account and even perform great when you are trading a few full lots but fall to pieces as your lot size increases.

What I discovered at The Collective was more about liquidity providers and how MT4 handles large orders. Each pair has a certain point where liquidity (fills at the quoted price) disappears. If the EA places a 22 lot order and the quoted price is only good for 15 lots, MT4 doesn't split the order between the quoted price for the 15 lots and look for the next best price for the remaining 7 lots. It rejects the 15 lot bid and looks for the first quote that can handle the full 22 lots, no matter what the price is. That is exactly what happened to an Euronis trade a few weeks ago. The lot size Euronis tried to buy on the GBPCHF was larger than the Citibank quote so MT4 filled it with the first quote that could handle the full lot size. Great - it took the trade but the price slipped 7.5 pips. Since Euronis has a 5 pip TP target, the trade was doomed to a loss the instant it was filled and when it finally closed it did lose a lot of money.

We haven't even touched on latency and and how that can affect the profitability of scalpers or any EA and I don't even want to get into the broker honesty issue. What I have discovered is that trading scalpers (and EAs in general) that it is a whole lot more complex than buying an EA and putting it on a live account.

What EA am I using? On my main live accounts I only trade Euronis. On my test live account ($250) I am testing only one EA titled "A Secret" that is listed on myfxbook (I signed a NDA so I can't say what it is). I am testing the rest of the EAs to see if they trade in a manner that I am comfortable with. If they pass demo I will move them to my test account and if they continue performing I will move them to live.

Hi Everyone,

The educated version posted does NOT trade when the gmtoffset>=2 (basicely when it's DST in Europe->actually).

You have to add the following lines in the TradeSession() function just above "if (Hour_Start_Trade < Hour_Stop_Trade ...":

if(Hour_Start_Trade>=24 && Hour_Stop_Trade>24)

{

Hour_Start_Trade=Hour_Start_Trade-24;

Hour_Stop_Trade=Hour_Stop_Trade-24;

}

Hi Everyone,

The educated version posted does NOT trade when the gmtoffset>=2 (basicely when it's DST in Europe->actually).

You have to add the following lines in the TradeSession() function just above "if (Hour_Start_Trade < Hour_Stop_Trade ...":

if(Hour_Start_Trade>=24 && Hour_Stop_Trade>24)

{

Hour_Start_Trade=Hour_Start_Trade-24;

Hour_Stop_Trade=Hour_Stop_Trade-24;

}

Is that for version 1.0, 2.0 with DLL or 2.0 without DLL?

Thanks

I really haven't seen a functional educated version of shocker v2.0

If any of you want to get a decent EA, then you should probably get a legit copy. For what they are asking, it's worth it... although they have now doubled the price for it :(

The no-DLL version seems broken. Thing is, values (including acct number and registration code) are passed to the DLL along with values from MQL4 commands (like iRSI, etc).

now... as long as you can decode the logic of the DLL, so that you can feed these values into the routine to have them processed effectively without having to care about the account number/registraion number details.... THEN you will get it working without DLL.

Thing is, this non-DLL version just has set values for some of these inputs, and hence is broken and won't work.

Edited by Rio

Hi Guys,

I modified the code and added the bugfix when GMToffset>=2, could you test it and tell me if the results are the same than with DLL ?

In backtesting, you have to manually set for instance GMTOffset=2 in DST and GMTOffset=1 otherwise.

The usedst setting does NOT work in BT.

It would be nice to tell me if the results with DLL are the same for April09->Nov09 E/U U/CHF because they are not very good with that version.

Manu

http://www.multiupload.com/JN4H8CZH5K

Edited by djmanu

hi there. this is Fix bug

and BT working.

However, the result is not good.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tngjkzmwnmo

============ ADD cord ===================

Hour_Start_Trade = MathMod(Hour_Start_Trade, 24);

Hour_Stop_Trade = MathMod(Hour_Stop_Trade, 24);

============ ADD cord ===================

if (Hour_Start_Trade < Hour_Stop_Trade && TimeHour(TimeCurrent()) < Hour_Start_Trade || TimeHour(TimeCurrent()) >= Hour_Stop_Trade) return (FALSE);

if (Hour_Start_Trade > Hour_Stop_Trade && (TimeHour(TimeCurrent()) < Hour_Start_Trade && TimeHour(TimeCurrent()) >= Hour_Stop_Trade)) return (FALSE);

if (Hour_Stop_Trade == 0) Hour_Stop_Trade = 24;

if (Hour() == Hour_Stop_Trade - 1 && Minute() >= MinuteToStop){

return (FALSE);

}

return (true);

}

was added to the TradeSession() method.

Thanks.

I don't know, anyway I set dst=true and automatic gmt = true and forex shocker comment on chart says gmt offset = 2 which is correct now on alpari broker, but I think is the same if you put dst=false, automatic gmt = false and manual gmt = 2, so I still don't understand well the utility of usedst (simply add +1 hour ???)