Forex Shocker

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Forex Shocker

For me i usually get spread too high, although i have set max spread to 6 and my spreads are lower than 5.

Plus not sure how this thing closes the trades. Forinstace, yesterday it opens a trade for echf and still hanging in loss.Does it wait to either hit TP or SL for exit? or it has some other exit factors?

Here is a lesson I learned the hard way. I had removed one of my charts, and then added it back in again.

I loaded up Shocker and the set file.

I forgot to change the magic number. ( I know really dumb)

I could not figure out why my trades were closing almost immediately after they opened.

usually for a 2 or 3 pip loss, which did not make any sense.

It seems that it would open a trade on the one chart and because the magic numbers were the same, the other charts prices would affect it, and it would close. @-) :">

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really not sure what to think of Shocker,

On demo it is working amazing.

I went from $5000 to $60000 in 4 months, then down to $30,000 again

Since then it has recover and gone back up to $92,000. This has taken a total of 7 months.

But when I use it live, it is never as good,

Trades don't close as quickly, and I end up hitting more Stoplosses.

I've been able to make money with it, but only by babysitting it a lot.

I'll keep using it. But it does not perform anywhere near as well live as it does on demo.

Perhaps it's due to the fact that brokers have somewhat a 'protection' system against scalpers?

Perhaps it's due to the fact that brokers have somewhat a 'protection' system against scalpers?

Actually I've used it on both Broco (ECN) and The Collective.

So the Brokers should not be a problem.

Looked like I was going to have a great day live yesterday, and then had GBPUSD go to a Stoploss.

Wiped out all my gains for the day and more.

I guess I'll see what happens today.

Shocker 2 has been a very reliable performer for me on live accounts, but I only use it on its two best pairs: USDCHF and EURUSD. It is by far the best USDCHF scalper that I have in my stable and the improved exit logic from version 1.1 has cut down on the number of S/L. The other pairs such as GBPUSD and USDCAD should be ignored, as they are not consistent winners. I also do not trade this on the EUR crosses, as the spreads in the Asian session have made those pairs untradable. Stick with what works and you'll be happy.

Shocker 2 has been a very reliable performer for me on live accounts, but I only use it on its two best pairs: USDCHF and EURUSD. It is by far the best USDCHF scalper that I have in my stable and the improved exit logic from version 1.1 has cut down on the number of S/L. The other pairs such as GBPUSD and USDCAD should be ignored, as they are not consistent winners. I also do not trade this on the EUR crosses, as the spreads in the Asian session have made those pairs untradable. Stick with what works and you'll be happy.

Would you please be able to post Socker 2 you are using on live accounts with your settings?

I'm running Shocker 2.0 live on Alpari UK and having some nice consistent monthly profits. I'm running it on EURUSD, USDCHF, GBPUSD, and USDCAD. I'm ignoring EURGBP and EURCHF, as they underperform thanks to ridiculous broker spreads.

GBPUSD seems to be the worst performing pair... as in it seems to hit stop loss more than the other pairs.

Otherwise, SL hits are rare and at the end of the month, there is about 10% profit despite 2-3 SL hits per month

I'll just reiterate, that my version is legit and paid for... not an educated hack. I'm running it non-aggressively.

I am using licensed version on live account, so can't post my version here. Settings are default, except using more aggressive risk on USDCHF, as it is the better performing pair.

Thanks anyway for the info!

I was wondering if the EA could be used in multiple accounts. Could you please tell us who your broker is? Do you think the EA is broker sensative: 4-digits or 5-digits; fixed spreads, etc., as many scalpers do?

strange, I tried educated with some backtest on different pairs and it's nice,

also last night first day of forward test on alpari and I had some nice trades.

I know it's a short time but so far it seems good.

so why you say it's not performing well ?

maybe you mean on live could not perform well the educated one?

are you sure it's a problem of the education rather than a problem of different brokers, spread and so on ?

I suppose usually the trading logic should not be affected by education.....