Forex Shocker

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: F0r3x5hok3r

Been working great live, but I have only been using a few pairs. EURUSD and USDCHF haven't lost so far this month. I had a some weird trades from EURCHF, so I have stopped using it due to the spreads. I'm going to try adding a few more pairs (like GBPUSD, USDCAD -- which were good on Megadroid Pro XE) to see if they help add up to the pip count or not.

Mind you everyone, I actually paid for this one so I am not running an educated version.

I stopped using shocker v1 when it hit massive SLs -- and have started using it again thanks to decent performance from version 2. Given what I've seen so far, I am going to be enjoying this one when my account fully hits its stride and I am running all 6 pairs at full tilt boogie

Been working great live, but I have only been using a few pairs. EURUSD and USDCHF haven't lost so far this month. I had a some weird trades from EURCHF, so I have stopped using it due to the spreads. I'm going to try adding a few more pairs (like GBPUSD, USDCAD -- which were good on Megadroid Pro XE) to see if they help add up to the pip count or not.

Mind you everyone, I actually paid for this one so I am not running an educated version.

I stopped using shocker v1 when it hit massive SLs -- and have started using it again thanks to decent performance from version 2. Given what I've seen so far, I am going to be enjoying this one when my account fully hits its stride and I am running all 6 pairs at full tilt boogie

I really thinks that you cant simply remove the dll attached with the ea program. Unless you can compile it together... I am thinking of get one original copy too. Instead of educate the dll, is it possible to come out with some kind of calculator? :P

I started this test back at end of June, with $5000, and it is currently over $50,000

Here are the numbers I have for the last 3 months. This is at Super Agressive (demo)

I don't have the numbers for EurChf as I had 2 other EAs running on that pair as well, and I didn't feel like trying to sort them out

USDCHF $21,552.48 $3,895.87 $17,656.61

USDCAD $5,002.22 $7,033.30 -$2,031.08

GBPUSD $17,364.30 $16,464.90 $899.40

EURUSD $23,412.30 $13,680.30 $9,732.00

EURGBP $31,605.44 $32,340.11 -$734.67

I would not trade either GBPUSD or USDCAD, the EURGBP took 4 losses totaling 26,500, If this had been live I would have closed them long before they got that far out, also there were days that I would not have traded at all except that it was demo and I just decided I'd let it run, see how the EA handled it.

I think the 3 I would trade are EurChf, USDChf and EurUSD.

I had this all nicely laid out, but it didn't work.

Interesting report Pipaholic. I am now using only the EURUSD, USDCHF, and GBPUSD with shocker now.

GBPUSD made a successful trade last session while the other pairs didn't see any opportunities.

I think EURCHF and EURGBP are too risky because all the brokers really target the spreads on these pairs and now I think they have become unusable for scalping. USDCAD has the highest spread of the other pairs so I will avoid it as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Re: Forex Shoker

I'm currently using Shocker on 3 accounts 1 live and 2 demo

I've set the lot size very small on the live account

But all 3 are doing well.

I do not trade the EurGbp or USDCAD as they both showed significant losses after 5 months of testing.

I am still using version 1 as i have not been able to find and test versioin 2

Forex Shocker has been doing really well for me. Halfway into this month, it's managed to secure 6%+ on my live account.

I am only running it on EURUSD, USDCHF, and GBPUSD. So far, GBPUSD has hit stop loss a few times, so it is definitely the risker pair of the three. This month, had it not hit stop loss, I would be up and extra $20 rather than -$10 on that pair due to the $30 stop it hit.

I am also running Megadroid Pro XE with aggressive off, and recovery off on both the EURUSD and USDCHF.

That made up another 4%, so 10% total.

Both of these EAs work well in tandem with aggressive off.

Totally agree, they are both doing a great job here, Shocker and Megadroid.

I'm also running Dragonpips v2.02, and all 3 EA's only on EURUSD and USDCHF 21-23h GMT.

Pleasing performance so far as I have skipped all GBP*.* and *.*JPY pairs as well as EURCHF, not enough movement and too bad spread seen here at nights. Has been a good performer from July to August though, but we gotta move on :)

Cheers, xxl205

Totally agree, they are both doing a great job here, Shocker and Megadroid.

I'm also running Dragonpips v2.02, and all 3 EA's only on EURUSD and USDCHF 21-23h GMT.

Pleasing performance so far as I have skipped all GBP*.* and *.*JPY pairs as well as EURCHF, not enough movement and too bad spread seen here at nights. Has been a good performer from July to August though, but we gotta move on :)

Please clarify the followings:

1. Dragonpips v2.02 on EURUSD and USDCHF 21-23h GMT, with aggressive true/false?

2. MD/MDPro (which one?) on EURUSD and USDCHF 21-23h GMT, with aggressive off & recovery off?

3. Shocker on EURUSD and USDCHF 21-23h GMT, with aggressive true/false superaggressive true/false?

Thanks a lot!

Has anyone ever gotten an update on the NN numbers in Shocker.

I don't know what they are for, or if they are even important.

NN is embedded is the code/dll in version 2. Version 1.1 was never changed or updated from the settings in the original manual.

I have also been running EURUSD and USDCHF live at both JadeFX and GoMarkets with good results.

I have also been running EURUSD and USDCHF live at both JadeFX and GoMarkets with good results.

Would you tell us more about your experience with JadeFX, please?

I just received an account approval notice from JadeFX, considering using a couple of scalpers including MD & Shocker on JadeFX platforms. Recently, however, I heard about slippage problems with Jade live account somewhere here at indo forum, in particular, during the pre-Asian seesion. So, I am having second thoughts. Any comment on Jade's slippage problems?

Some members here recommend me ATCBrokers, instead. My broker choice is limited to US ones, unfortunately. Can anyone here share experience in running scalpers in Jade, ATC, or any US broker's MT4, please?

Would you tell us more about your experience with JadeFX, please?

I just received an account approval notice from JadeFX, considering using a couple of scalpers including MD & Shocker on JadeFX platforms. Recently, however, I heard about slippage problems with Jade live account somewhere here at indo forum, in particular, during the pre-Asian seesion. So, I am having second thoughts. Any comment on Jade's slippage problems?

Some members here recommend me ATCBrokers, instead. My broker choice is limited to US ones, unfortunately. Can anyone here share experience in running scalpers in Jade, ATC, or any US broker's MT4, please?

I was using JadeFX on demo for a while, and was going to go live.

But you have to make sure you are trading enough lots each month.

they have a minimum, and if you don't trade that much, they charge you a fee.

Regarding JadeFX and slippage, it definitely does happen. I typically run a demo platform side-by-side with my live platform in order to check fill quality. A few weeks ago prior to the upgrade, I had a Forex Shoker 1.1 USDCHF trade that executed on the demo platform, took 4 pip profit, and closed the trade. On the live platform it suffered 10 pips of slippage on entry, causing the trade not to hit T/P, eventually causing trade to hit S/L. Of course, I was away from the screen at the gym while this was going on. Grrr.... Anyhow, the most disturbing thing about the whole issue was that the record of the trade was erased from the journal in my MT4 terminal. Usually slippage is minimal, but I wanted to lay out what you could see in a bad case.

The reason I opened up the GoMarkets account was in order to run side-by-side with JadeFX in order to evaluate their STP execution versus JadeFX ECN and how it impacts my overall cost of trading and profitability. Just started with them in January so nothing to report yet.

And there is no minimum monthly volume for JadeFX, as they now charge a commission. Rollovers are bad though, if you are going to swing trade/trend follow and hold positions overnight or for a few days. They are not as bad as MB Trading, but they are not good, which was another reason to step back and try to evaluate which brokers is best to run my scalpers from a total cost perspective.