Black Dog System

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Black Dog System FULL

after reading the whole manual it seems trading on the blue/red arrows is incorrect and they signal a possibly entry coming up soon:

what are the blue/red arrows?

page 20/111 in the manual

The Standard Entry Signals (SES)

We have come to the point now where we need to fine-tune things just a little so that we can time our entries and hitch a ride on those waves mentioned earlier with a little more accuracy. Remember, the Black Dogs serve the purpose of informing us of the direction in which to place our trades. The Standard Entry Signals (SES) inform us that a trade may be imminent. That's all. The SES do not indicate entries into the market. Precise entry is discussed in a later chapter.

so how do we enter a trade following the rules then?

page 32/111 in the manual

http://i33.tinypic.com/2qc47ck.jpg

so we have a blue signal here. we do not enter a trade yet we wait for the next candle to appear.

so the next candle arrives and if it closes higher [ for buys ] than the last candle by 2-3pips AND the macd is above zero AND the price line [ candles ] is ABOVE the 50's [ 2 lines on the charts with the candles ] then we can use this as our signal candle.

so looking at the picture you can see the candle directly after the SES has a MACD under zero which means we ignore this candle all together and continue to wait. so we use A as out signal candle.

after we have established a signal candle [ candle A ] we wait for the following candle [ candle B ] and that is our entry candle, depending how you enter is up to you, you can wait for the candle to probably draw back a few pips before hopefully continuing the trend we have hopefully established. or just enter and hope for the best

so we are using candle B as our entry candle, and only looking for 10-20 pips at maximum on lower time frames

this is how we properly enter a trade according to the user manual

so to recap:

we ONLY trade in the direction of the black arrows

we IGNORE all arrows signalling in the opposite direction, ie if black arrow is up only trade blue up ignore red down

we DO NOT enter on the blue/red signals

we DO wait for the following candle to appear AND CLOSE

IF the following candle CLOSES HIGHER then the SES candle AND macd is above zero AND the candle price line is above to 50's THEN WE ENTER

OTHERWISE WE WAIT LIKE THE PICTURE ABOVE, WE WAITED UNTIL CANDLE A WHEN ALL RULES WERE MET -> MACD, PRICE, CANDLE CLOSE

DO NOT GET GREEDY LOOK FOR 20PIPS PER TRADE MAXIMUM USING THIS SYSTEM ON LOW TIME FRAMES

trading on the black arrows only?

page 35/111 in the manual

The Black Dog Entry

This type of entry presents more risk. The trader with the more aggressive style of entry may prefer the Black Dog signals. I prefer the SES where the risk is minimised. This is different from the normal entry because, often, the Black Dogs are not so close to the 50’s channel. This is not to say that good opportunities are not there, because they are. Just a little riskier is all.

how does the author generally enter trades?

from page 38/111

I’ve found other ways of trading this system and I must discuss them with you; call me a softie, but I’ve found that trading the SES signals alone is all that I need to make a good living. Period

so bascially the author ignores his own advice and simply trades on the blue/red signals which does work quiet well.

if you decide to do this make sure you only trade the direction of the black arrows and dont get greedy or over trade.

look for maybe 4 trades daily using it on multiple pairs [ i use my lowest 7 spreads ]

also i should mention there are 2 rules with this system that must be followed.

Rule #1

For intra-day trading on time frames under one hour, TRADE ONLY FROM THE LONDON OPEN UNTIL 18:00 GMT. Close all trades for the night.

Rule #2

If you must trade, then always trade in the direction indicated by the last Black Dog. No exceptions.

*edit*

if you want to trade the SES signals heres 1 signal generated at the start of the london open about 1 hour ago

http://i38.tinypic.com/5owm4w.jpg

Hey guys,

I'm also starting to test this system today. Will try to use higher TF 1hr-4hr, so as to bypass Rule #1.

Will try to see if Tom Strignano's Head Fake Filter can be of use with the Black Dog.

Keep you posted.

Just curious,

Does anybody have the original download page for this system?

And great work syk1kz with the summing up of the manual!!

Have a great one everybody!!

MrCricket

MrCricket ->

http://blackdogsystem.com/

if you look at the early signal generated in the early london session in my last post [ the bottom picture ] and compare it to the picture below, you will hopefully understand why you only aim for 10-20pips when trading using the SES signal arrows

http://i38.tinypic.com/2u437gz.jpg

Right, or wrong, I would have tended to stay away from this last signal on the EUR/GBP. The bar after the signal bar was pretty long. After a bar like that the market often retraces or goes into a trading range. This in addition to the requirement for a very distant stop loss would concern me.

Another consideration. The way I read page 30 of the instructions entry is made only on a take out of the low/high of the bar that meets all of the conditions. The high, or low, in this case, must be exceeded by 2 or 3 pips. I do not think this was done in the above example. The way I read the instructions, this short would not be taken.

For the charts I have been watching, It appears to me that The alternate entry methods may be better. I have found very few red or blue arrows that that qualify based on the MACD.

I am still undecided about this method. The seller insists that he makes money using Black Dog. I believe he does. If he does I should be able to make it work also.

Mirrors

BLACKDOG.rar (5.79 KB)

http://www.multiupload.com/VXPWH0SEDO

Black_Dog_2009.rar (2.44 MB)

http://www.multiupload.com/8IVT0F9DSG

BD.rar (12.91 KB)

http://www.multiupload.com/HW5M9O7LL4

BLACKDOG.ELD (6.63 KB)

http://www.multiupload.com/ZN1FZUY1GQ

MTF2+BLACKDOG+UPDATE+2009.rar (22.57 KB)

http://www.multiupload.com/7MSVC3NVH0

Thanks

Right, or wrong, I would have tended to stay away from this last signal on the EUR/GBP. The bar after the signal bar was pretty long. After a bar like that the market often retraces or goes into a trading range. This in addition to the requirement for a very distant stop loss would concern me.

Another consideration. The way I read page 30 of the instructions entry is made only on a take out of the low/high of the bar that meets all of the conditions. The high, or low, in this case, must be exceeded by 2 or 3 pips. I do not think this was done in the above example. The way I read the instructions, this short would not be taken.

For the charts I have been watching, It appears to me that The alternate entry methods may be better. I have found very few red or blue arrows that that qualify based on the MACD.

I am still undecided about this method. The seller insists that he makes money using Black Dog. I believe he does. If he does I should be able to make it work also.

yes you are correct about the trade i listed in my previous post, i personally did not take this trade, but i did watch and the trend continued after about a 3 hour sideway trend, so it could of gone either way, you are correct.

also you are correct about the example not being 2-3 pips higher or lower on the short trade but you are also forgetting that the signal generated in my last post was for a trade on the SES signal , not waiting for a proper entry so that does not appy here. the trade was valid if you attempt to trade SES signals, you enter the trade immediatly you do not wait for the next bar to close meaning you cannot establish a signal candle to properly enter. all criteria was met, MACd below 0, price line below 50's, i personally do not trade SES signals alone so that is why i did not take this trade.

syk1kz,

Gues I missed the part about the SES signal. Sorry.

Lately I want all the confirmation I can get.

i agree i also want as much confirmation as possible.

i would also agree with NOT trading the asian session as it is rather choppy and trendless recently, just look at how megadroid is performing :|

i am going to continue to test this for another week before i attempt any real trades with it, i have the charts open on my real account and all signals match demo perfectly, i am just skeptical in general

Well from what you guys are posting,

The SES gives you good signals to "scalp" the 15 min TF. Short and sweet trades.

But to really see the good and bigger profit trades you have to wait and nurse your trades using the original approach.

Has anybody experimented with the Mini Tren Finder in higher TF's?

I'm gonna try it out on the 1 hr to 4 hr TF's and see how it goes, I don't have much time during daylight to trade and at night I have to wait for the London Session to really see some movement (no good sleep until the weekends @-) ).

At least it seem for me that the system is well thought out by the creator(s)... and like watcher says, If the guy is making his system work, so can I... maybe just a little bit more patience and discipline?

Let's see what happens...

Cheers,

MrCricket

After looking at the Black Dog for a couple hours (short time, I know) it seems to me that there are not a lot of SES signals and a lot of good moves are missed.

I think a couple of the other entry signals may produce more profits. If the market takes out a previous high or low (in agreement with the latest Black Dog, that seems to be a decent entry point. Basically this is trading Ross Hooks in the direction of the last Black Dog,

The method I like the best, right now, is his hi/lo entry method. On the charts I have looked at, this seems to be pretty decent. I have looked at exiting if the price exceeds the previous bar against the trade. I really am not comfortable with the price moving against me whether I have a profit, or not. It does not appear that the position of the MACD has much importance. I did always use the latest Black Dog to determine direction.

After looking at the Black Dog for a couple hours (short time, I know) it seems to me that there are not a lot of SES signals and a lot of good moves are missed.

I think a couple of the other entry signals may produce more profits. If the market takes out a previous high or low (in agreement with the latest Black Dog, that seems to be a decent entry point. Basically this is trading Ross Hooks in the direction of the last Black Dog,

The method I like the best, right now, is his hi/lo entry method. On the charts I have looked at, this seems to be pretty decent. I have looked at exiting if the price exceeds the previous bar against the trade. I really am not comfortable with the price moving against me whether I have a profit, or not. It does not appear that the position of the MACD has much importance. I did always use the latest Black Dog to determine direction.

i would have to agree, i notice a lot of good moves are missed using the SES entry signal method and i think that they appear far and few between meaning any trades you do would need to be profitable enough to not care if you only get 1 a day.

i like the hi/lo method as well and i have also been using this as described above. i will report back during the week with my results or just check the link in ym last post

anybody had any signals today?

i have had one on audusd but since it is @ 90cents there is noway i am trading this currency, the aud will probably keep going up but being an australian i am reserved when it comes to audusd when its this high

*Edit*

i should of mentioned i am waiting to see if the bar closes 2-3pips higher than the ses signal bar, either way i am not trading it

*2nd edit*

turns out my macd was not open for some reason and i didnt notice until now :o luckily theres 5 minutes before the bar closes but its a false signal anyway macd does not agree, you could trade it if you were a high risk trader, the macd looks like it will go the correct way but the aussie dollar is just to high to play with in my opinion

*3rd edit*

ok i got a signal on eurusd H1 using the 2-3pip technique, macd lines up lets see what happens, i have gone for 30pips, we will see

Hello syk1kz,

I've gotten several (not many) good entries with this system.

Since I'm also using Tom Strignano's Head Fake, I was in the middle of some trades and couldn't get into the Black Dogs.

I was looking at the 1hr tf, but the entries were better at the 15 min tf.

Also, I got one that I actually started at the 4 hr, then went into the 1hr and the the 15min, all were showing the same trend... I enterd at the 5 min which was the same, took it and that resulted in 20 pips wasn't greedy and had little time to trade).

But, I have not seen another setup like that.

Still trying this system.

Will keep you posted!!

MrCricket

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...