Black Dog System

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Black Dog System

Dear pips4free:

"For anyone interested, here is a Tradestation ShowMe ELD that I wrote to identfy Black Dog setups."

What's data2 for the showme?

If you could also comment on the timeframe of data1 and data2 I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

-dtrend

Hi dtrend, did you put any link?

Are you still using the BD in live account?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi hwang,

this system is a solid classical pullback-system, that works out quite well if you follow the rules.

it works in all timeframes, depending on overall market conditions.

Basicly you have to wait for a trend move to start.

in this example here have a look at the BlackDogs :

as long as you have NO new swingHigh after the swing a new BlackDog produced - you are not allowed to trade.

then you see the big Orange arrow - here price makes a new SwingHigh AFTER the swing the BlackDog produced -

thats the signal that the setup is hot now !

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9629/bacldog01.jpg

then watch - the rest tells its own story ...... - this was the friday london-session in a 1 Min chart here.

for shure this was a extra-fantastic trendmove - but also small ones will pay out with this tradingstyle, following the rules + some patience.

nice weekend

rob

>>> Patience pays off ! <<<

someone had a Q about my picture - heres the infos :

- its a combined chart with the 2 templates i had from here - its no newer version,

i just mixed BlackDogJan09 + Mtf_2 template - thats all.

the Blue MA is in the Mft_2-template.

>>> Patience pays off ! <<<

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Ihave been trading this system live with good result. I usually trade with 15m or higher. Too many signals if you chose to use 1m and 5m. And the best time to trade this is during UK and US sessions.

Also use your own exit strategy to book profits.

Trade the signal, don't chase it

please help me how to download this system

The links are posted by bobtom55 at

http://www.indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2105&start=30

Just read through this thread to get an understanding on how to use the system. A brilliant instruction manual is included in the download that will explain how the system is put together. It is important for a trader to understand his/her trading system - and this is valueable information especially for a beginner trader. In my opinion the Black Dog system is worth buying (although the price is quite steep compared to other systems - $297).

• 1 month later...
Guest steve_xxtrader

I have been usually BD with some of my own(mainly channels)

Here are the results today had 3 winners no losers.

!st trade blue candle bottom of channel,2nd trade top of channel reversal candle and pin bar.

3rd trade bottom of channel to top of channel reversal candle.

Total pips 256

Time 8.25 hrs

The key for this to work is to make sure you draw proper channels. Then wait for your first alert blue candle and what you want to do is to find the logical place of retracement which will be the top of bottom of your channel. What you look for there is a reversal candle etc.

these trades did not have me glued to the monitor once my channel was made I knew the direction the price would go so I would just check in every 4 candles or so.

This method really optimizes the Black Dog

One more tip do not use the BD during the Asian session it's too slow, London is good, the overlap London,NY is best and once a hour or 2 after London close do not trade.

And do not trade now in the Afternoon on Friday. all other times are fine..

Happy Pips

Steve

Enjoy

Steve

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1843/aaaarj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have been usually BD with some of my own(mainly channels)

Here are the results today had 3 winners no losers.

!st trade blue candle bottom of channel,2nd trade top of channel reversal candle and pin bar.

3rd trade bottom of channel to top of channel reversal candle.

Total pips 256

Time 8.25 hrs

The key for this to work is to make sure you draw proper channels. Then wait for your first alert blue candle and what you want to do is to find the logical place of retracement which will be the top of bottom of your channel. What you look for there is a reversal candle etc.

these trades did not have me glued to the monitor once my channel was made I knew the direction the price would go so I would just check in every 4 candles or so.

This method really optimizes the Black Dog

One more tip do not use the BD during the Asian session it's too slow, London is good, the overlap London,NY is best and once a hour or 2 after London close do not trade.

And do not trade now in the Afternoon on Friday. all other times are fine..

Happy Pips

Steve

Enjoy

Steve

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1843/aaaarj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Steve, could tell us what is channel about?How does it help in trading?Where to look for this clarification?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello

Who's Manual for New Blackdog (MTF 3)?

Mini Trend Finder MTF 3

latest version

Thanks

BD MTF3 has no manual. It trades on M15 with confirmation of H1 trend. It evolves from MTF2 and posted gradually in their forum. The main indicator of MTF3 is more or less the same with MTF3 only 2 below indicators use MACD with different setting.

Black Dog MTF3 in general the same with 1-2-3 trading strategy with fancy MACD indicators to confirm entry and exit. That's IT nothing special about it.