DragonPips

Re: DRAGONPIPS

For me,

The best time is still 18hrs to 23hrs.

50% Risk, max trades = 2.

Have loses.. but, overall, the profit is much more than losses. (in jade demo, jade live & forex com uk live)

More losses is due to manual trading...

Anyway, i am determine to run this DP alone for 1 month & look at the results at the end of oct. See how it can be improved.

My ultimate target is to trade 10hrs instead of 5 hrs per day.

Using new Money Management logic 50% is too much.

Don't study roots while others pick up the fruits.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, not yet use the ultimate version.

Will back test it tomolo...

Will put on demo on monday.

Hope there is no major bugs. Hee hee..

Can advice me on what is a good risk level for this version?

Thanks.

Default (5) to MaxTrades=3

If do you increase MaxTrades, you must decrease LotSizePercent.

The best is make backtests using your real account equity value and try with differents LotSizePercent value, and choose this based on the max loss that you need to risk on each trade.

Don't study roots while others pick up the fruits.

You can change the max spread. However, the backtests look very different with high spreads.

In fact, I'm optimising it now based on the higher spread. I think this is something we overlook when working off backtests, especially with a scalper like this. The spread overnight is between 3-4 usually for my brokers. The backtests are usually based on the current spread shown in the MT4 market, which is sub-3 during normal hours. Therefore our backtest optimisations may be misleading.

I'll let you all know my findings that I'm optimising based on a 4.3 pip spread.

January through March this year look very poor. I think they can be classed as in the aftershock of the financial crisis. That said, I'm attempting to test from March through today to find ideal settings for trade number and stoploss. I have a feeling the default 25 is a bit too low.

But, if your trades is before GMT 23hrs, generally speaking, it is ok..

Cos most of the times it always close in small profits unless suddenly, there is a spike.

Also, I need a backtest 2 days ago using SL = 15pips for Echf, Max trades = 2, Start & end time = 18 to 23hrs, risk 50% using the version before Ultimate.

Hmm... amazing... I got more profits than having SL at 25pips default.

Still testing with Jadefx. Lucky the last spread is 3.5pips. So still can use jadefx to test. My forexcom UK's spread is 5.5. So unable to test with forexcom.

QuickSilver,

Can ultimate version works in timeframe M5?

I've coded in a quick hack to make it close all orders if hour = 3. I'm running optimizations based on that with the last spread at 4.4. Will probably take a few hours to run. Should give some interesting numbers. By closing orders at hour 3 I managed to turn March into a winner as opposed to a loser.

I'm also trying to pick ideal trading periods.

Anyway results to be posted when done!

I've coded in a quick hack to make it close all orders if hour = 3. I'm running optimizations based on that with the last spread at 4.4. Will probably take a few hours to run. Should give some interesting numbers. By closing orders at hour 3 I managed to turn March into a winner as opposed to a loser.

THANKS FOR THE JOB WELL DONE ALL THE CONTRIBUTORS,PLEASE ,WHAT IS THE BEST GMT TIME SETTINGS FOR BROKER LIKE FXPRO AND LITEFOREX BECAUSE THEY ARE GMT+3

For me,

The best time is still 18hrs to 23hrs.

50% Risk, max trades = 2.

Have loses.. but, overall, the profit is much more than losses. (in jade demo, jade live & forex com uk live)

More losses is due to manual trading...

Anyway, i am determine to run this DP alone for 1 month & look at the results at the end of oct. See how it can be improved.

My ultimate target is to trade 10hrs instead of 5 hrs per day.

Quicksilver you don't know how much experience i have with DP,I was only asking coz you have some extra features to my v4 extreme.On an my system it have not picked any trade yet.Any i know very much on DP optimizing settings that's why i always wanted every one to post his result before i started posting V2.Even if you read back to the early stages of this thread I spoke about the bugs in v2 and v3 before my v4 extreme, before you v4 ECN/STP clean version came out,so we are all sharing ideas. OK

Any way thanks ''Chankl78''

You can change the max spread. However, the backtests look very different with high spreads.

In fact, I'm optimising it now based on the higher spread. I think this is something we overlook when working off backtests, especially with a scalper like this. The spread overnight is between 3-4 usually for my brokers. The backtests are usually based on the current spread shown in the MT4 market, which is sub-3 during normal hours. Therefore our backtest optimisations may be misleading.

I'll let you all know my findings that I'm optimising based on a 4.3 pip spread.

January through March this year look very poor. I think they can be classed as in the aftershock of the financial crisis. That said, I'm attempting to test from March through today to find ideal settings for trade number and stoploss. I have a feeling the default 25 is a bit too low.

Still works very well on 5 pips spread

mecman2,

So far, my settings is not change since beginning from demo until live.

50% risk, max trades = 2, Start & End time is 18hrs to 23hrs (But, pls do backtest to find the best timing.)

This is the setting from V3_Universal (Demo only cos of the ECN bugs, but iceman777 had good results in GoMarkets), V4, & Ulitmate.

But, Ultimate only use for 1 day live on both forexcom uk & jadefx.

So far positive results. But need more results to proof it is good. Will continue to test it live next week.

Quicksilver did advice that risk 50% is too much for his latest version. Will do a live test next week.

Hopefully my account can survive (I also very worried using so high risk.)

Hee hee..

So far, my settings is not change since beginning from demo until live.

50% risk, max trades = 2, Start & End time is 18hrs to 23hrs (But, pls do backtest to find the best timing.)

This is the setting from V3_Universal (Demo only cos of the ECN bugs, but iceman777 had good results in GoMarkets), V4, & Ulitmate.

But, Ultimate only use for 1 day live on both forexcom uk & jadefx.

So far positive results. But need more results to proof it is good. Will continue to test it live next week.

Quicksilver did advice that risk 50% is too much for his latest version. Will do a live test next week.

Hopefully my account can survive (I also very worried using so high risk.)

What version are you using? DragonPips Extreme 2 with "Time Protection" feature set to "On" you posted on 2009.09.20?

Needless to say, info such as your setting suggestion is invaluable in running the EA profitably!

I also run the same, max trades 2 50% risk, EURCHF only and trade 19-23 GMT

Last week was not good with some of those 30+ pip spikes, but like Chankl78, need to look overall for a month or more to see if DP remains profitable

Only difference for me is I do use tp=6 sl=32

Very interested to see the results from closing all trades at a certain hour as I do get nervous when I see the backtesting results from Jan-March this year, DP is terrible!!! and this could still happen at anytime.

:shand: I am using DRAGON_ECN_STP on EURCHF only SETTINGS = trade hour 18-22 GMT-lots 0.1-risk 25- max trades 5-T/P 6 -S/L 32---pips to close level 4=0--pips to close level 5=0 Only have 2 days trading wednesday & thursday on asixodl LIVE 16 Trades 3 losses (-7.81 -8.03 -1.57 ) profit 112.35 aud -17.41= +94.94 AUD next week will use Ultimate Live the 2 losses -7.81 & -8.03 were on 19-23 GMT & looks like they could have been minimized if trade hour (18-22) but still very happy with result while experimenting :shand: Many thanks to u members for u great work to help member like myself who do not have the skills u have =D>

I have been running live and demo tests of DP V3 universal for about a month now. I use FXDD which is gmt+3 Risk 20 Max trades 3. Initially is was trading 22 - 1 But I have found that the 21-22 hour is good I was trading til 2 but it took some bad trades and often the trades stay open longer than I am comfortable with. I have also been trading eurusd as well as eurchf and the results are interesting so far Eurchf can trade sundays, newsdays, and holidays! It has only lost two trades this month one for 1 pip and one for 4 pips. Eurusd however is a little more skittish it has had losses on sundays, news and holidays, however it does make a lot of trades. I dropped my tests on Gbpusd because it did not trade as much as the pairs and it had losses.

I just set up three demo accounts on fxdd with V3 V4 and ultimate. With identical settings, this way I can hopefully figure out what hours and risk levels are best

regards

N