Simplicity

skid-z

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Simplicity

I couldn't agree more with the first post, I wouldn't go so far as deleting all the literature i've collected though. For all I've read I believe 95% of it was of no use to the way I trade, however, I believe that reading it was not a waste and integral to where I am today. Granted there is a lot of misinformation and perhaps information overload, but I think one needs this to come to the gross realisation that everything they had was in front of them all along, without a fancy indicator. [The stronger this realisation, the greater the impact on your trading]. Once you reach this point, all that stands between you and success is your own psychology and trying to balance the chances of sucess with the demands of risk.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the basics. Indicators are always lagging.

Price action. S&R, pivot points and fibonacci are all you need to trade.

All the besttrading in yr new strategy

Yes I repeat price action (I use candle stick pattern), major and minor S&R and fibonacci.

The rest is your experience.

I have also recently come to the conclusion that most indicators look great when you look back on the charts but get you into trouble in real time trading, particularly on the shorter time frames. Trend lines, S&R, pivots and Fibs are what I am trying although I have to admit I still contiue to test new indicators that I come across, guess its just a bad habit.

• 2 weeks later...

I am deleting my indicators slowly heading for trading price action, S&R , Fibonacci and Candles.

I have found Steve Nisons books on candles very good and have really opened my eyes to candlestick patterns and how to use them.

I like the hammers, evening stars and engulfing candles best. Pinbars and Inside Bars are good as well.

I have also recently come to the conclusion that most indicators look great when you look back on the charts but get you into trouble in real time trading, particularly on the shorter time frames. Trend lines, S&R, pivots and Fibs are what I am trying although I have to admit I still contiue to test new indicators that I come across, guess its just a bad habit.

I couldn't have said this better. I can't seem to get away from trying any new indicators that I come across. But in the end they all lagg. I found the best way to trade is simple horizontal s&r lines off a weekly chart. Pull up weekly chart go back 10 years or so and put a line at every major stopping point that you come across and watch how even today price will still stall or reverse at those same levels

• 2 months later...

I agree with you 100%..!

I was also using once upon a time the lagging indicators and incurred heavy losses.

They are the pitfalls when we trade at lower tfs.!

I now just use what you said above at H4 and daily and put my pending orders at H1.!

Believe me... it works well and well enough. These trades can guarantee you, 100% confirmed "10 Green Pips".!

Remember if you do 1 lot trades alone, you can very easily bank $100 in just a few minutes or even in seconds at times. Enough know...?

$100 a day for 21 days equals $2100 a month..! Wow... where can you get..? thats too even for just an hour of workings a day..! Nope..! No Where..!

This is what I am doing right now... Really my losses came down drastically and my profitability, confidence and profits-consistency increases much.

Price Action + Candle Sticks knowlege are the very very very importantt keys to Forex Success with CONSISTENT Profits...!!!